Saturday Brunch.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Saturday Brunch.

 

 

Sehun stood in front of the bins behind the apartment complex. After one week of work he finally had the time to throw away the boxes and trash that had piled after his move. However, he had not realised how strict the recycling regulations were and he was at a loss as to what went where.

 

“Need help?”

 

Behind Sehun stood Jiwoo holding a large black trash bag in one hand and a cloth bag containing a variety of recyclables in the other. Eyeing her attire that consisted of an oversized hoodie that clearly did not belong to her, Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed together in suspicion at her bare legs, wondering whether the girl was even wearing shorts under.

 

Throwing the black trash bag in the bin for general trash, Jiwoo stood next to Sehun as she started sorting through the variety of items to go in its assigned slot. Sehun did not say anything and simply followed her instructions, glad to get this over with as soon as possible.

 

“That is the wrong bin,” Kyungsoo's gruff voice pointed out while hitting Jiwoo’s head with an empty plastic bottle. “Also is that Yeol’s hoodie?”

 

“Yep,” Jiwoo replied, casually relaying the task of sorting through the trash her neighbour.

 

Kyungsoo flicked her forehead and threw her a sharp glare but proceeded with the given job nonetheless. Sehun shuffled to the side, distancing himself from the male ever so slightly. He still felt intimidated by the nurse’s presence and was not sure how long it would take for him to loosen up. It appeared though that he would have to do it soon seeing as he would be seeing them around quite a lot — both at work and outside.

 

“Is Yeol still sleeping?”

 

“Is that even worth asking?” Jiwoo replied. “He always sleeps in, but I bet he will wake up the moment he smells yours cooking.”

 

“My cooking?”

 

“Yes, your cooking,” Jiwoo repeated. “Sehun want to join us for brunch? Kyungsoo makes some mean pancakes. Not as mean as his face of course.”

 

Kyungsoo threw a cardboard box at the girl but she easily avoided it by hiding behind Sehun, using him as a human shield. Meanwhile, Sehun was trying to think of a way to politely decline the offer, however the rumbling from his stomach answered faster than him.

 

“Well it’s decided then.”

 

Throwing the final item away, Jiwoo led the way back inside towards the third floor.

 

“Your place?” Kyungsoo questioned as they exited the lift.

 

“My place,” Jiwoo confirmed.

 

Sehun awkwardly trailed behind them as they paused in front of the door numbered 31. It did not go unnoticed to him how Kyungsoo was the one tapping the code for the door. Sehun could only assume that the Park siblings knew the code for the nurse’s flat as well. It was heart-warming really, how close and trusting they were of each other.

 

Upon entering the Park flat, Kyungsoo promptly headed towards the kitchen where the ingredients and pans were already laid out, ready for him use. Jiwoo helped him cook, or she tried to, though she was spending more time shuffling things around and making weirdly chaotic but melodious harmonies. Kyungsoo was not appreciating her input and kicked her in response, shooing her to set out plates and utensils on the kitchen island that separated the open kitchen from the living room instead.

 

Sitting on the sofa in the living room was Sehun, looking rather stiff as his eyes darted around flat. It was clearly a lived-in place belonging to a music

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter