Drop Into My Arms.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Drop Into My Arms.

 

 

Breathing in the Saturday morning fresh air, Sehun brought out a chair onto the balcony and sat down to read outside under the warm embrace of the sun. Settling down comfortably, Sehun immersed himself in the novel that he had bought before school started but never got around to read.

 

Not even halfway through the first chapter however, Sehun was distracted by a melody and the singing of a husky voice. Following the source of the sound, Sehun’s eyes landed on the balcony next door where the door was open, allowing the breeze to saunter in and reemerge carrying the notes of the beautiful song. Sehun put his book down, closing his eyes to focus on the singing. It was an acoustic rendition of Radiohead’s Creep, and the male was singing it with such longing and heartfelt emotions that Sehun felt his heart constrict and twist in pain alongside the lyrics.

 

The song came to an end all too soon. Sehun automatically started clapping, wanting to display his appreciation of the unexpected performance. Chanyeol’s head popped out in that moment, a look of surprise in his eyes as he had not realised he had an audience. Stepping onto the balcony with the guitar still in hand, Chanyeol sat down on the stool to keep the male company. Sehun raised a brow in amusement. When Jiwoo sat in that stool it looked normal sized, however now that Chanyeol was occupying it, it seemed awkwardly small and not too comfortable to sit on.

 

“Yeah I know, Jiwoo bought midget-sized stools for the balcony,” Chanyeol complained as he kicked the leg of the stool. “Should not have let her choose.”

 

“You could always get new ones,” Sehun observed.

 

“Too much effort.” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders before his eyes landed on the book Sehun was holding. “Did I disturb you reading?”

 

“Not at all.” Sehun shook his head. “I really enjoyed your singing. You’re very talented. I remember Kyungsoo mentioning that you were the one who did the rock arrangement of the school anthem for the opening ceremony. That was quite something.”

 

“I got a bit bored during the holidays,” Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck bashfully. “I did it as a joke but Kyungsoo actually sent it to the headmaster and it got approved. I was quite shocked.”

 

“It was an impressive arrangement,” Sehun continued his praises.

 

“Jiwoo had a hand in it as well,” Chanyeol admitted. “I only had a rough draft of the arrangement with just the main guitar and bass line, but the recording that Kyungsoo sent was much more refined. It had Jiwoo’s signature riffs and chord progressions. She added a drum beat in as well.”

 

“She plays the drums?” Sehun gaped, trying to imagine Jiwoo sitting behind a drum set.

 

“You bet. Though she learned it out of spite really. It was a way to justify causing a ruckus whenever she was in a bad mood.” Chanyeol chuckled at a piece of memory that only he had access to. “Our parents sure regretted buying the drum set.”

 

“You guys don’t have a drum set in your current flat though.”

 

“We have an electric drum set, but we kept bumping into it so Jiwoo moved it to Kyungsoo’s. It’s in the recording studio she set up for herself,” Chanyeol explained. “Though now that you mention it, I might bring it back here. It’s not fair that she hogs it all to herself.”

 

“You guys could start a sibling duo band,” Sehun mused.

 

“Oh no it would not be a duo,” Chanyeol shook his head. “Kyungsoo would be the vocalist.”

 

“Kyungsoo sings?” Sehun exclaimed in surprise.

 

“His voice is smooth like honey,” Chanyeol said with great emphasis. “He’s just too shy to sing.”

 

“I’ll help you carry the drum set back just so that I can hear you guys perform.”

 

“I suppose it would be nice,” Chanyeol hummed as his gaze dropped towards the guitar in his hands. “Having a jam session. It’s been ages since Jiwoo and I have played instruments together.”

 

“You should do it,” Sehun urged the male. “I’m sure she would like that very much.”

 

“You think so?”

 

Chanyeol looked at Sehun with muted anticipation and the latter nodded his head with confidence.

 

“Even if she doesn’t, nothing’s stopping you from having your own jamming session. You like singing don’t you?”

 

A wistful smile graced Chanyeol’s face as he caressed the strings on the acoustic guitar with a tender touch. Sehun could see from miles away how pass

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter