Powerful Ally.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Powerful Ally.

 

 

“Jiwoo, how’s the scene coming along for this episode? The production company needs it by the end of today.”

 

Sunny poked her head inside the studio of the sound designer who had been holed up in there since she clocked into work that morning.

 

“Just got some minute details to finalise and it’ll be done,” Jiwoo mumbled, her eyes stuck on the screen in front of her.

 

“Get some lunch first then. Don’t strain yourself too much.”

 

“I wouldn’t be straining myself if you didn’t accept projects with such short notice,” Jiwoo whined softly. “We were just done with a deadline last week and now you bombard us with another one.”

 

“Quit complaining.” Sunny rolled her eyes. “You’re just sitting in here all day long, much better off compared to Amber and Henry.”

 

Standing up from her chair, Jiwoo rolled her shoulders as she follow Sunny out to get lunch.

 

“Speaking of them, I saw them carry a blowtorch and cat litter. Should we be worried?”

 

Hearing what Jiwoo had said, Sunny’s brows etched together slightly. However her expression soon morphed into a haughty and confident one as she flicked her hair over her shoulder.

 

“It’s fine, we’ve got insurance.”

 

“Always so prepared.” Jiwoo clapped as she praised her boss, though Sunny eyed her with suspicion as it was unclear whether the praise was serious or said in mockery.

 

“Maybe I should be stricter,” Sunny whispered under her breath. “None of you seem to treat me like the boss.”

 

“Oh no no Big Boss.” Jiwoo flailed her arms around. “You’re perfect just the way you are~”

 

Jiwoo had said the last part in a sing-song voice along the tune of Bruno Mars’ Just The Way You Are, which successfully made Sunny giggle.

 

“Lunch is on me,” Sunny announced as they stepped out of the office building. “But don’t tell Henry and Amber or they will complain about preferential treatment.”

 

Mimicking the motion of zipping , Jiwoo and Sunny exchanged a secretive wink as the employer and employee headed towards a noodles restaurant not far from the office.

 

・・・

 

The corridors and classroom which were vibrant with life less than an hour ago was now quiet and fast asleep as the students had gone back home. There were still some teachers left behind, desperately trying to finish last minute work so as to not have to bring it home to complete. Meanwhile, in one classroom, Sehun fought back the urge to yawn. He could have happily been on his way home, however as luck would have it, he was stuck with detention duty, thus ruining his plans of a lazy evening. He was further annoyed by the fact that the detention was for one sole student, and it was no other than Hendery Huang. Had it not been for him, Sehun would already be out of his tie and shirt and wearing his pyjamas instead.

 

“Mr Oh, if you keep staring at me like that you’ll end up drilling a hole into me,”  Hendery quipped as he batted his eyelashes playfully at the teacher. “If it makes you feel any better, I don’t want to be here either.”

 

“Then don’t get sent to detention,” Sehun grunted, closing his eyes so as to not roll his eyes at the young student. “And tell your friends that they are more than welcome to join you in detention. If they don’t want to then hurry home!”

 

Sehun purposely raised his voice as he spoke, throwing a side glance at the group of students huddled outside the detention room. Soon the sound of falling bodies could be heard from the other side,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter