Guilt and Consideration.

Whimsical Chaos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Guilt and Consideration.

 

 

Making his way back to the infirmary after a quick trip to the toilet, Kyungsoo caught sight of Sehun coming down from the stairs.

 

“Hey, you don’t have class now?” Kyungsoo greeted the male.

 

“Free period,” Sehun replied, falling in step with Kyungsoo.

 

Sehun naturally followed Kyungsoo back to the infirmary. The two neighbours and colleagues did not actually get much alone time together — one of the Park siblings would usually always be around. Without the chaotic Parks keeping them company, there was a rare serene atmosphere in the air.

 

“So peaceful having you around Sehun,” Kyungsoo exhaled as he shrunk into his chair. “So nice.”

 

“Should I worry about Chanyeol getting possessive over you because I’m stealing his best friend?” Sehun mused, sitting down in the chair across from Kyungsoo.

 

“Who says I’m his best friend,” Kyungsoo snorted.

 

“Actions speak louder than words.”

 

“Can’t disagree with that.” Kyungsoo nodded, his eyes trailing towards Sehun’s shoulder. “About your shoulder, are you sure it’s fine? I see you massage it quite often.”

 

Reaching for his shoulder, Sehun gave it a light pat before throwing Kyungsoo a reassuring smile.

 

“Yeah it’s all good. Like a said, it’s just a force of habit. Kind of like how Jiwoo’s face by default goes into whistling mode despite her failing miserably at it.”

 

“That’s one way to put it,” Kungsoo chuckled, removing his glasses to rub a hand over his face. “Was it a bad injury? Bad enough to end a potential career in dancing?’

 

“Not exactly career ending,” Sehun hummed in contemplation. “But serious enough to put me on bed rest for a couple of months in order to recover. It just happened at a point where I was struggling to choose a career path. I didn’t go to an arts high school, dancing was something that I did in my private time. I wasn’t sure whether I would make it in the industry.”

 

“Do you regret your choice?” Kyungsoo asked hesitantly, not wanting to step over the line.

 

To his relief, Sehun had no visible shift in mood when the subject was breeched and was very open in his response.

 

“I do miss dancing without having to care or worry about anything else. But I wouldn’t call it a regret. My dad always told me to live without regrets.”

 

“Easier said than done,” Kyungsoo sighed.

 

“Is this about Jiwoo and Chanyeol?”

 

Kyungsoo looked at Sehun in surprise, wondering whether he had been less subtle than he had intended to be when opening up the topic of regret.

 

“Don’t look so shocked. I can be pretty observant if I want to.”

 

“Indeed you are,” Kyungsoo smiled at the male.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter