CHAPTER 24

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You... You loved me...? Since when...? Yibo I'm not clever enough to know your feelings when I don't even know you in the first place. And again, your feelings will never be enough to knock off what you did to me. You played with my feelings, my feelings which I wholeheartedly had for you and you alone."

Sean said stubbornly, as he was not ready to give in and let his lover win the argument. He knew what Yibo questioned him about was true, that he never looked at him nor spared him a glance when they were together in their college days, even though that was for such a short time.

He knows that his way of answering the others' questions by blaming the other with another question will never justify anything. He was stubborn and disappointed with the fact the guy whom he loved played with his feelings which let them end up in this situation.

'Things wouldn't have gone this far if Yibo just told me the truth sooner. If he had actually had feelings for me and told me the truth, I would have accepted him' was what his mind kept saying.

But he knew better he wouldn't have, and would never accept Yibo in his life if he had known the personal assistant whom he fell for, was the same person he avoided the most in his life like a plague every time he got a chance.

Yibo couldn't hold back his sobs when his lover accused him about what he did but he was still trying his best to hold back from bursting into tears and crying like a pathetic person in front of Sean. He was still sobbing when he said,

"I always liked you, *sniff* but, but I realized how much I love you after the party we attended at my uncle's. *sniff* I was always around, but you were too focused on your work and never saw me. I even had to take extended measures to make sure I'm your partner, it's funny how I had to threaten your dad and make him agree*sob*. But that was the immature of me and I realized you will never be fully mine like that, because I won't get you heart for myself like that."

He never expected Yibo to tell him all that in such a way that, even watching the other guy trembling while trying to form a coherent word in between sobs made him feel guilty for lashing out at him, when he could have settled down and ask him why he didn't do this in a calm way rather than this way.

But his stubbornness won over him even though he knows that he is the one who is being a spoiled brat in this situation.

Yibo Is the only one person with whom he can mess around and do things as he pleases. Because somewhere deep in his heart, he knows that this person belongs to him despite the fact that he broke his trust for a moment, which had a great effect on him .

"You know me, I'm selfish from my childhood. So, the only way for me to get into your life was being with you even if that means I can't reveal my identity. Believe me Zhan, I never wanted to break your trust but wanted to make you love me back. *sniffing and sobbing* I know it was stupid but it was already late when I thought of backing out from it, and you already developed feelings for me. *sniff* At that time, all I wanted was to be with you even if it's the role of your PA. I just wanted to be that person whom you can rely on all the time. And I was ready to accept the wedding after that even if you don't love me, because I know you can't back out from that no matter what..."

Yibo explains as he doesn't have to hide anything anymore. He was holding everything in himself until now and that included his unrequited love for Sean. But things have changed and have gotten worse than before, so what else is there to hide anymore...? But to finally confess his action which hurt Sean, before parting ways if that's their destiny.

He's tired of holding in all his feelings which he has always wanted to confess too and now it looks like he's already too late to say what he wanted to say. Sean looks like he had given up on that something which they both had for each other as well. And Yibo can't find anything to hold onto anymore but the hope that he was having besides him until now.

With tears streaming out of his eyes and a heart that is breaking into pieces he sobbed, " I'm sorry Zhan... I loved you so much to the point that just the thought of you being with someone else started physically hurting me... I'm so sorry if all my mistakes hurt you, and I will accept if you don't want me anymore after all this... I understand you. After all I'm still a traitor who betrayed your feelings and trust, so I deserve your punishment anyway. I will let you go if that is what you want and will never show up in front of you ever again... I... I promise you Zhan. "

Yibo has learned the fact that people can never control another's mind and their feelings in the hardest way possible because, when he actually wanted to go back from his plan he got trapped and he was not in a situation where he could back off and act as if nothing happened.

It was a whole mess when he realized his mistakes and he suffered a lot even though his sufferings were never seen by others. He cried throughout the night since he couldn't find a way out of the maze he created without getting hurt or hurting his love.

He was still that foolish boy who sacrificed everything for this thing called love, when he could have done better things in his life. But he didn't. All he ever wanted was to be with the man he fell in love with and have a happy life with him by his side, not to lead but to stand beside him and support him the best he could when the whole world turns it's back on him.

That's what he saw in Sean when he got to know more about him. Sean's treatment towards his friends always fascinated him and made him jealous on why he does not receive the same treatment from him and why Sean never notices him in his life.

He saw what he was missing from his life was Sean and he realized this the moment his feelings for Sean weren't just some infatuations like he thought them to be. They are real and have developed now, are deep rooted in his heart, making it impossible for him to stop loving this guy despite all the struggles he's been through because of the same love he has for Sean.

Sean felt that weird flip in his stomach the moment he heard Yibo telling him that he would step away from his life and would never come back again. Even just the thought sent shivers down his spine though he was pushing Yibo away a moment ago. His heart beat rapidly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter