CHAPTER 17

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Oh Sean, Good evening. You are already here" Mr. Wang greeted Sean as they all settled down on their respective chairs in Mr. Wang's office.

Sean had informed them about the sudden meeting since he wanted to explain things properly and discuss things before he finally calls off his marriage, which was arranged by both the families.

Sean knows that it is going to be crucial and may end up in bad terms. But he still had to do that for him to be happy with the person whom he is in love with though he is actually scared of what the outcome will be. But still, he gathered up his courage and decided to go meet his would have been future in-laws and explain things before things got out of his hand.

Sean had also informed his father, that he wanted to have a talk with Mr. Wang regarding their marriage, which gave out a suspicious feeling in Mr. Xiao's mind just by the way Sean called Mr. Xiao suddenly. Something in his mind told him that Sean was planning something and it is for no good.

Mr. Xiao couldn't help but get scared of what his son was planning, since the other guy refused to tell him what he wanted to say before going into Mr. Wang's house. Sean stubbornly said he will tell them both once they meet and he has to wait until then, if he's so eager to know what he wants to say.

"Good evening uncle, I am sorry that it was a short notice and sorry for the inconvenience. But I hope you can understand seriousness of my situation"

Sean apologized in a gentle tone because he was truly regretful of taking the time off grid when he is such a busy man, who has to do several things on his own when he is the chairman of one of the biggest Group of Companies in the country.

Mr. Wang sure had so many responsibilities on his shoulders yet again, he was generous enough to arrange a meeting or like a small family get together with Sean and his father to discuss things out, even when he was in a busy schedule.

" Yes I understand son, it's okay. I am free to talk to you if that's what you want. Like, if I don't have time for my children, then what else am I supposed to do right..? So don't take it that way and tell me what you have to say. I guess the matter is quite serious for you to be on a short notice like this." Mr. Wang said still with a gentle smile on his face.

In Sean's perspective, Mr. Wang is the exact opposite of his father. He has seen that man a lot and knows that he is a family person more, than someone who runs after money and power just like his father. That was one reason for Sean to admire this man and consider getting married to Yibo, even though he wasn't fully into Yibo at that time.

But again, he wasn't into anyone at that moment when he agreed, but who would have thought things would go crazy like this just a couple of months later...? Mr. Wang was like a father figure Sean wished to have but never had because his father always believe in raising their children strictly rather than being friendly to them, which was the exact opposite of how Mr. Wang raised his son.

Sean had once noticed how caring and loving he is to his son, which he quietly envied once when he happened to meet them in a party a few years ago. Sean always thought that Yibo is one among the luckiest sons in the world to have a father who loves and accepts him the way he deserves.

"Sean, what are you up to..? Don't be reckless" Mr. Xiao Ying said, once he noticed the change in his son's behaviour.

He has been paranoid about the whole situation from the moment Sean informed him about the sudden meeting, in which he said he wanted to tell them something important. Mr. Xiao had known that his son is not fully fond of his fiancee but he still agreed to this marriage because he doesn't want to disappoint his parents.

Mr. Xiao had been in constant fear that Sean might step back from this and ruin his plans for Sean's future and their well being. It always scared him about things getting out of his hand and Sean being reckless like this

"Please calm down dad, and let me finish what I want to say. I will give you time for your speech after that, but first of all, please hear me out" Sean explained.

He looked like he is about to have a mental breakdown because of this son and that old man really does look like he's about to freak out the moment Sean opens up his mouth and tells them what he wanted to say.

"Ying, Let him explain. He is a talented young man and knows what he's talking about. So don't control him too much for he may get out of your hand someday" Mr. Wang said in a calm voice with a light chuckle, trying his best to ease up the tension between the father and son.

They both have been business partners and friends for a long time and Mr. Wang knows that Mr. Xiao is a hot head most of the time, and how Sean had to suffer from the aftermath of his father's impulsiveness quite often.

"Thank you uncle, but I don't think that I deserve your kind words like that. I know you have been considering me as your son too and that is the reason why you planned on us getting married. But uncle, I have to tell you something regarding the wedding" Sean said in a polite yet regretful voice.

He doesn't know how to fully voice out his thoughts without causing much damage to both his family, and his would have been future in-laws family. It is a sensitive topic and he has to be careful about this unless he wants to create a whole mess out of this.

Sean knows that once he spills it out, the chances of them breaking everything including their contacts are really high. But he is still ready to take the risk. He knows it's selfish to do that, but he would prefer a happy and peaceful life rather than a life of luxury and power he's pressured constantly.

"Go on son, let me hear your thoughts. "

Mr. Wang knows that if he didn't interfere at that moment, both son and father will end up fighting more rather than letting Sean explain what he wanted to say.

Sean was nervous when the actual moment came in because he's not sure how they are going to take this, even though he came pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter