CHAPTER 23

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sean was indeed surprised when he saw his fiancé there inside his house, even though he had been coming over and waiting for him a couple times now.

He knows he should be used to that by now but every time he gets to see that face, everything comes to a halt and he feels like it is the very first time he is meeting the other guy. Sean is well aware of the fact that he shouldn't be avoiding his lover forever and has to confront him and talk things out like a mature person he is supposed to be.

But somewhere, somehow, he is still not ready to hear the explanation from the other as he is insecure about many things that happened in the relationship. He wants to open up and embrace the truth, but there is this irking feeling that is pulling him back from letting him be himself and do things on his own.

Sean has never been a guy who ran away from his problems before, but he is doing it now which is completely out of his character and he himself is not sure why, he isn't courageous enough to confront the truth and maybe let things go if that's their fate.

His heart shatters every time he avoids the gorgeous face of his lover but he still does it nevertheless as he is too afraid of breaking his heart worse than it already is. Even if Sean might look like a heartless guy, not even letting the other explain why he did that.

But it's all his own insecurities that's holding him back, and the fear of losing the one he loves the most and the fear of confronting a truth that Yibo was just playing with his feelings scared him. For a strong guy like him, these simple emotions matter and make him more vulnerable than any other person who came to embrace his feelings recently.

He is still a toddler and gets hurt easily, despite the cold facade that he puts all around himself, pretending to be someone else when he is in pain rather than showing his actual pain.

Going back inside his room, Sean wanted to cry his heart out and scream at the top of his lungs that he is still in love with the person who betrayed him, and broke his heart.

Sean felt like It's pathetic how he is still in love with someone who played with his feelings, and the fact that he is not able to get over the guy and even went to the extent of canceling his wedding which was supposed to be with his at the time fiancé, not even knowing that those two were the same person.

Sean made a fool out of himself in front of everyone in the name of love and at the end, he is left broken and vulnerable behind his barricade by the same guy for whom he went to that extent to let down the barricade. He spent a whole hour in the shower trying to calm himself down as several thoughts were haunting his brain, making him mentally exhausted on top of his physical exhaustion.

Sean walks restlessly inside the room since his mind is once again going haywire and is not settling down while he is alone, in his dimly lit room.

Feeling thirsty, he went downstairs to get some water but what surprised him was that Yibo was still there in the house even after almost 2 hours had passed since he returned.

Yibo usually goes back home soon after Sean walks back in the room since he knows that Sean won't be talking to him, and there is no point in him waiting there anymore. But this day seems different and another person is still staying there inside his house for some reason which he is not sure of.

But at the end, deep Inside his heart, he was feeling happy for some reason. Maybe it might be because Yibo is there and still waiting for him to at least talk to him. The thought of Yibo still willing to spend his time on waiting for Sean made his heart jump in joy for a second.

For a moment his heart indeed did a happy dance inside his body, thinking that his lover still cares about him and he is still trying his best to get their relationship back together. The fact that Yibo is still there inside his house and is caring about him was enough for his broken heart to be in delight for a moment.

Even though his brain is saying it is nothing but a fake act from the other to play with his feelings once again, and mess things up for him, he still is happy when Yibo is around like this. A feeling of home is what Yibo always gives him by being besides him, and it's the same feeling he's been missing the most in his life.

Sean stood there near stairs confusedly with a glass of water in his hand, not knowing what he should be doing as he was hesitant to approach the kitchen when the other was there. But what confused him more was when he heard his lover talking to someone and the voice was familiar to him.

Sean walked further towards the kitchen to get a peck of what was going on inside his house. And just like that even though curiosity can kill the cat he is already walking towards the kitchen even before he can fully process everything inside his head.

He saw that his lover was happy talking to his mother while he was busy preparing something, which again Sean is not sure what that is.

Sean is irking to walk inside the kitchen and examine things casually as if nothing happened, but he doesn't know whether to do that when that woman has seen him once in his lifetime, and the moment his steps inside things will go in a different way other than the way he wanted it to.

So, he chose to stay behind and listen to the conversation without disturbing them and even though Sean knew that eavesdropping is not a good practice, he felt like his feet were glued to the ground making it hard to move from the place he was standing.

Sean was flabbergasted the moment Yibo's mother talked about Yibo getting hospitalized and almost killing himself just because he wanted to help him and his company. The news was shocking for him since he never came to know about this as Yibo looked fine all this time and he barely took leave from his office work, which made it harder for him to believe that Yibo was sick and got hospitalized. Yet he wasn't informed.

His heart tightened at the thought of losing his lover even though he is going through a similar situation at the moment himself. Yet different because Sean can still live with the fact that his lover is alive and doing good somewhere in the world but, he will never be able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter