CHAPTER 3

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the is this...?" Sean yelled as soon as the coffee touched his taste buds. He was already expecting a bad day but he never thought that he would not even get a proper coffee in the morning before he could start working, when his so-called new personal assistant happened in his life just unexpectedly.

"Coffee...?" June asked in clear confusion as he did not understand why his boss was shouting at him without any reason. All June did was hand him a cup of coffee which he requested a few minutes ago, and he prepared that cup of coffee with great difficulty. He is no pro in cooking and he doesn't know about making things that will taste good in someone else's mouth.

June had to go crazy and search for different videos on YouTube for the past ten minutes for him to bring up a cup of coffee to his new boss, which was truly a hustle for him to do on the very first day of his work.

Sean who heard the answer from his personal assistant felt offended because he thought that June was clearly mocking him and playing dumb in that situation. Sean is sure that he did that on purpose just to ruin his mood the first thing in the morning and, he couldn't take this bull anymore and he shouted

"Is this what you call a coffee...? Who in this world will dump a whole bottle of sugar in a cup of coffee...? And why is there milk in this...? I wanted a black coffee and not this" Sean is now glaring at his personal assistant who stood there in front of him looking completely lost, and utterly shocked by his reaction.

June has never come across a person like this ever in his life because he was truly the love child of his family, and this is the very first time he is working under someone like this. He did have his own difficulties in adjusting to the surroundings and being under someone

"But Mr Sean, that's not even that sweet. And you never told me which coffee you prefer either"

June tried to defend himself politely as he could, even though he had to hold his hand into a tight fist and gritted teeth with a fake smile on his face, so that this so-called CEO or his boss won't get irritated again. He doesn't want to create a problem on the very first day he joined that's the only reason why he was trying his best to not be reckless and spoil his family name.

"Now you are blaming me for that? If I did not say anything, then it is your duty to ask and learn things properly before doing it. Don't try to outsmart me just because you got in here with the direct recommendation from the chairman. You are still my assistant Mr June, so stand your ground"

Sean was still mad and he is not understanding why. Maybe because he was against the idea of having a personal assistant from the very beginning, as he felt like his father only posted this guy just because that old man wanted to spy on him more.

The old man wanted to interfere with his life more than he already did and Sean couldn't help himself from seeing his personal assistant as a spy who works for his father, rather than standing by his side and working for him. This is not because he wants that from a personal assistant and he despises the fact of having such a person besides him the most.

Having a really bad day from the early morning itself made it hard for him to control and act like a proper gentleman he always was to others, and now he's being an to someone who just joined their company. But hey, Sean, that CEO and he could do as he wished, June is nothing but his employee and not his boss. So, it's June's responsibility to adjust and take things seriously.

"Were you seriously trying to get into my nerves just because I asked you to bring me a cup of coffee? Is this how you are going to be like? If so, then I am sorry that I will have to get you changed from this position as I can see you can't even do a simple task like this"

Sean started breathing heavily from all the shouting and vending up of his anger took a lot of his energy, which he should have used in a more productive thing than being a jerk to his no personal assistant. June looked bewildered watching his boss like that for the very first time.

He felt like a complete loser in front of his boss even though he had done everything in his capability to bring that hot cup of coffee to his boss. Never in his life he had made anything for anyone, yet this is what he got for his very first trial and it hurt him how Sean reacted to his very first cup of coffee he had ever made.

"Sorry Mr Sean, you can't do that. My contract is for the next 6 months and it's already in the clause that you are not allowed to fire me unless it's the chairman himself. " June said confidently, trying to not lose his face just like that.

He does hold his own pride and take that matter a bit seriously, that's why he is not ready to bow down to anything and anyone just because the other guy happened to be his boss and is superior in the rank. June does respect his boss but that doesn't mean the other guy can smash over him as if he is nothing.

Sean was enraged after hearing the confident words of June, and it frustrated him to know that he could never fire this guy because that was what he was trying to do by creating an issue there. But when he realises all his work meant nothing, he just wanted to throw a tantrum then and there like a small kid.

But again, he couldn't do that because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter