CHAPTER 18

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What..? Your personal assistant..? Sean, are you out of your mind now..?" Mr. Xiao Ying can't believe what his son just blurted out when Mr. Wang asked him who his lover was.

Never had he expected Sean to fall in love with someone and his personal assistant on top of that, whom he appointed out of all the people. He can't believe how ridiculous his son becomes, not even caring about his reputation, status and all his other positions when he chose to be in love with someone who is not even up to his level.

The whole situation felt ridiculous for Mr. Xiao and he felt like bursting out the moment he heard those things. He was having a hard time holding back his anger that has been rising up ever since Sean came into the room, and started explaining things out to them.

How can he calm down when Sean chose to love someone so low in the hierarchy table, when he expected Sean to at least fall for someone who is at the same level as him..? But this is just shocking even for Mr. Xiao because he had never seen his son taking an interest in someone so low like June, who lives with the payment he is getting from their company. A mere employee who works for them..!

Mr. Xiao clenched his fingers into a tight fist, not that he's about to punch Sean on his face though he wanted to do that so bad. But he knows better not to do that if he wants Sean to go along with his plans and get things sorted out before this gets out of his hands.

Mr. Xiao was breathing hard, glaring at his son who thought it was okay to do things on his own when both their families are included in this. He's not sure if he's against the idea of Sean falling in love with someone or is it him falling in love with his employee who works for them, someone who lives with what they provide or was he embarrassed in front of Mr. Wang when Sean just announced the whole thing.

He felt like he's losing his face in front of his friend who was still sitting there on his chair, looking blank at them. How can he face his friends after this..? How's he supposed to talk to that man if things don't go accordingly..?

Shifting in his seat, Sean said, "I'm completely fine dad and what's wrong with him..? Aren't you the one who always insists on him staying by my side always..? So what's the matter now..? Did you suddenly change your opinion after knowing I have feelings for him..?"

Sean finished his line in a dead serious tone since he wanted his father to understand that he is not joking around and completely sane, when he took this decision of accepting his personal assistant to be his partner, and the person whom he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

It is not a decision which Sean took overnight, but something he had been thinking of a week before coming into conclusion like this. Why can't his father understand him at least for once when he is being serious and taking a decision that will completely affect his life.

Why can't the old men believe in him for once, just like other parents believing in their own children..? Why can't he get the bliss of being loved and taken care of from his father, when he is desperately earning for that ever since his childhood..?

Is it too much to ask for the love of your own parents like that..? Is it too much to ask for your parents to believe in you..? He is at a point where he is not sure what is too much and what is not, just like he is thrown into the world of knowing what is right and wrong when he has no one but himself to embrace him and guide him throughout.

Mr Xiao Ying raised his voice as he stood up from the chair he was sitting and glared at his son who looked at him fearlessly with the same piercing eyes as his father. It was like burning fire on either side of Mr. Wang and he's being trapped in between this mess.

Both father and son look at each other as if they are about to kill one another and the whole situation turns out to be more tensed than Sean had imagined it to be. Xiao Ying was breathing hard and he could feel his heart was beating so fast, that he might even have a heart attack from that.

He is getting old and he is in no state to handle such situations all at once. How can we keep his hands off when he sees his own child ruining his life for someone else who is not even worth it. A pathetic love that will never benefit them in any way.

"This is unacceptable Sean. Your personal assistant is supposed to work for you and not seduce you and make you get into a relationship with him. That is not what I meant when I wanted him to be close with you, I wanted you both to have a strong bond so he can support you in the future. But what is this..? Are you trying to mock me now because I fixed your marriage..? Is that what you are doing Sean Xiao Zhan..?"

Mr. Xiao Ying spitted out in outrage when he realised his son wasn't going to change his decision and is about to wreck everything off. His heart tightened at the thought of losing everything in the split of a second like that.

But more than that, he still can't accept the fact that his son fell in love with his personal assistant whom he assigned. Mr. Xiao assigned that guy so that they will have a good relationship which will help him in Sean's future, but the relationship he was expecting wasn't this and anything close to this.

How is he going to stay in the hierarchy table when his son is being like this..? How can he show off his status to the world and to other people when his future son in law is going to be someone who can't even dream of getting into their house..?

The whole thing was messing up with Mr. Xiao's brain, that he wanted everything just to be a nightmare which will go away once we wake up.

" Exactly dad, I got close to him, but that closeness is beyond your boundaries. He is the person I love,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter