CHAPTER 22

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yibo's heart was beating loudly as he climbed each step towards his lover's room while his breathing shallowed into a slow breath. He is worried of how Sean is going to react to him, but he desperately wants to see Sean at any cost and explain things properly so he could at least set his mind free from the burden he's been carrying for the past week.

Each step that he took weighed heavier than the later and each breath he took was harder than the later, making it difficult for him to go forward. His mind was running around like crazy with millions of thoughts in it, yet he felt so blank while walking towards Sean's room.

Yibo breathed out heavily while standing in front of his lover's room before his hands slowly got a hold of the door knob. He was hesitant to rudely intrude into Sean's room and therefore he removed his hands and chose to knock on the door instead, though he knew the possibility of Sean actually opening the door is less than 5%.

Yibo knocked on the door a couple of times and he didn't know if the universe was on his side or not, but Sean happened to open the door for some reason when he was once again about to knock, making it look like he's about to knock on Sean's face.

Sean stood there at the threshold of his doorstep, looking at Yibo with a shocked expression on his face. Sean wasn't expecting to see Yibo there when he opened the door because he was thinking it was once again Hao Xuan, looking for him for something.

" Sean..." whispered Yibo unconsciously, when he finally got to see his lover over a week of separation.

Sean's eyes roamed on that beautiful face of his lover, taking in each and every inch of that beautiful face to his heart as he was missing his lover to the core despite him going through all the hardships all by himself for the past week.

Feeling lost and lonely despite having his friends and family around him for support was something he had never felt before. He might have closed himself off from the world with his cold facade, but he was never lonely like this and he had never thought he would ever be.

A person should never be considered lonely if they happen to be alone, however a person can surely be lonely even if they are the center of attention within a massive crowd circling around them. The depth of longing which embraced Sean's heart would never be fulfilled unless that person shows up in front of him.

Sean was lost for a second while looking at the face of his lover whom he's been deeply in love with. He doesn't even know how much he missed that face until he finally gets to see a glimpse of it.

The deep-rooted feeling which was burning inside him ignited even more the moment all those memories came rushing into his head, reminding him that this is the same person who hurt him the most in his life.

The same person whom he willingly gave his heart to, only to be left broken just like a shattered piece of glass.

Sean didn't even wait longer as he realized he was staring at Yibo like that which made him pull himself out of his train of thought, which resulted in Sean stepping back and shutting the door immediately on his face who stood there dumbfounded not knowing what just happened there.

" Sean please open the door..." Yibo called out as soon as he found himself standing in front of the closed door like a statue.

He was just starstruck the moment he saw his lover again, that he couldn't even process what went wrong the moment Sean stepped back and shut the damn door like that.

Yibo was so lost looking at his lover as if it was a dream, a dream that he never thought of dreaming before.

"I want to talk to you. Please open the door... Sean... please," He kept begging the other to open the door desperately like that, which he had never done for anyone.

He was never desperate to talk to anyone like this before in his life and that one time he ever felt like this was with the same person, at whose door he has been knocking on. For him, it has always been Sean and it always will be Sean in the future as well.

Sean stood by the door leaning his slender frame on the back of the door and unconsciously closed his eyes, not moving further as he felt each of his steps weighed more than the other did.

How can he run away from that one person whom he longed for the most...? But the words that hurt him once were still there deep in his heart, that it kept hurting him worse the more he thinks about it.

"I don't have anything to talk to you about. So leave," Sean said despondently, as he couldn't stand there listening to his lover who is begging him to open the door.

He really does want to open the door and pull the other guy towards him and hug him tight to his body. But he just can't, he's not ready to get hurt again when he has yet to recover from the previous trauma he went through.

"But I do, Listen to me please... Just once Sean and if you still don't want to be with me then I will give up. But not before I let you know why I did that..." Yibo once again begged apprehensively, as tears started forming in his eyes and his eyes were stinging painfully as the tears pooled up when he refused to let it go.

"I don't wish to see you ever again, so leave me alone and thanks to all what you have done so far. Thank you for pushing me into this mess,"Sean shouted from inside the room while his heart shattered into pieces. He never thought that he would say such words to the person he is deeply in love with but the anger and disappointment took over him not letting him show his soft side to the other guy that easily.

Sean wants Yibo to know that he was playing with his feelings and he took things far beyond Sean's level of tolerance this time.

"Sean, please." Yibo was now in a crying mess as he couldn't take what his lover yelled at him.

He knew that he hurt the other person, but he never knew that he took things this far to the point that he had fully destroyed the trust the other guy kept in him.

Sean was already having a hard time to brace himself and to restrain himself from lashing out on his fiancé. But Yibo's words were going deep in his heart, making it impossible for him to restrain anymore and he shouted again, "Get out before I throw you out, just looking at you makes me sick now. Could you please leave me alone...?" before breaking into a silent cry standing behind the door.

" I.." Yibo wanted to say the things which were in his heart, but he felt like there was a huge lump in his throat holding him back from talking his heart out.

And it started physically paining him the moment he realized his lover was pushing him out of his life and there might not even be a chance for him to ever explain the things which he did regret doing.

Things didn't go the way they wanted that day and both the lovers ended up being even more hurt then they had been. Sean refused to talk to Yibo as he shut himself inside the room once again and Yibo's friends pulled him out of there and sent him back to his house that day, while he walked in there like a living dead.

A mindless body walking inside the house not even realizing what was going on as his mind was busy thinking of all the scenarios that he must have until then.

It's been a few days since the incident and Sean has already started going back to his office even though he is feeling completely drained out and lost from the scenarios which happened in his life.

But again, no matter what situation he is going through; he is not in the position to leave his work like that and let others deal with the things he should have done by himself.

He didn't have a choice but to go back and resume his work which was piling up back in his office since he hadn't been there for a whole week, and things were messed up ever since.

Though Yibo went back home that day after much effort from both their friends, he still shows up in Sean's house every possible day he can, still in the hope that he can have a proper conversation with his fiancé which he couldn't have the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter