CHAPTER 8

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What the hell Ann, why do you always treat him special and give him kisses and not me...? Am I not your friend too..?"

Hao Xuan whined when he saw his best friend kissing his other best friend all of a sudden, since she was so excited after seeing the pendant Sean had gifted her for her birthday.

Xuan is used to seeing them being lovely with each other but today was not the day he will tolerate it. June was there and he was actually trying to distract everyone from focusing on the fact that she just kissed Sean in front of all of them, when Sean is already engaged to someone.

And that someone happened to be the son of one of the richest men in the country. Therefore, they all had to be really careful in each and every moment of their actions because people are watching and this may actually raise a recuse if someone sees it and post them on social media.

"Because he's special, shut up you big baby.. You have a boyfriend, so go ask him to kiss you instead" she said in a casual tone as if that was nothing.

But in reality she just wanted to mock Hao Xuan for being extra dramatic all of a sudden. Even she noticed how Hao Xuan changed his behaviour, when he was used to seeing her being like this with Sean most of the time Since their childhood.

"But Zhan is engaged" Hao Xuan deadpanned as he stated the fact in front of them.

It is not a surprising thing because they all know that Sean is engaged, but Hao Xuan was only trying to remind them with the excuse that they shouldn't be doing this anymore because June is there and also Sean's fiancé might get hurt if he happened to hear about this.

She rolled her eyes because Hao Xuan was being unreasonable all of a sudden. She had a guest that he might be behaving like that because of June's presence, where there is a chance for June to report this to the Chairman and for that old man to get married again at Sean.

Therefore, she tried to play it cool as she breathed out, "Only engage and not married. And it's just a peck so stop making it a big issue. Ji Yang can please stop your big baby from ranting and give him a kiss for me..?"

"He's grounded, so no kiss for him" Ji Yang deadpanned while having an unbothered look on his face.

He crossed his hands over his chest and looked away from his boyfriend who was now looking at him in disbelief. Hao Xuan really did forget that Ji Yang was beside him and he was unreasonably asking his friend for a Kiss in front of him. He knew he screwed up the moment he saw his boyfriend's face getting darker as the time went.

"WHAT..? WHEN..? what did I even do this time..?" He asked frantically when he didn't understand what was going on all of a sudden.

A moment ago, he was just joking around and being silly, while on the other moment his boyfriend said he is grounded and not getting a kiss at all. That is unacceptable for him and now he doesn't know what to do to lure his sulking boyfriend so that he will not sulk anymore.

"Please tell me that you are not serious," Hao Xuan pleaded while trying to get a hold of his boyfriend's hand, but the other guy refused to let him and slapped his hands whenever he tried to hold Ji Yang.

"Well, I am and you are sleeping on the couch for a week too" Ji Yang outraged which surprised Hao Xuan the most.

He had never seen Ji Yang being like this so far and, now he is confused if Ji Yang was actually mad at him or just playing a silly prank on him. He felt so lost when his boyfriends started ling, while Ji Yang was still having that cold look on his face.

"What the babe..? I'm sorry.. Please don't do that. I was only joking around; you know I only want you right..?" Hao Xuan's plead once again as he hugged Ji Yang tight trying to ease up the tension between them with his sweet words and cute act.

He knows that Ji Yang will fall for that no matter what, but that doesn't mean that he shouldn't sugar got his baby a little bit more in a situation like that, so that he will not sulk more on that matter.

"Hey you love birds, stop that and get a room. We have guests here and I don't think June will be able to watch you both doing dirty here" Ann teased them while Xuan kept whining,

"I didn't even do anything.. Stop blaming me"

He gave Ji Yang a kicked puppy look, which made Ji Yang have a mental breakdown on why this guy is his boyfriend out of all the people out there. He felt like he was getting second hand embarrassment from the way his boyfriend was acting up and he couldn't stop himself from asking,

"What are you looking at..? It's your fault" when Hao Xuan kept tugging on his sleeves trying to look even more vulnerable when Ji Yang clearly knew that this guy is really far from being vulnerable.

"I'm sorry June, they are a bit crazy sometimes" she apologized on behalf of her weird bunch of friends, as she felt like June might have felt uncomfortable because he really did look like he wanted to flee away from there any moment.

But no one knew why he was actually feeling like fleeing away from her nor did they think deeply about that. June wanted to flee away from the moment he saw Ann kissing his crush and Sean actually allowing it out of all the people.

"It's okay," June forced a smile on his face as he didn't want to look rude in front of Sean's friends.

They all had a good time that day as they continued to joke around with silly things and, the time went on and on with them laughing and shouting out in pure bliss.

June on the other hand stayed silent most of the time, examining his situation and getting hurt each and every time Ann clung onto Sean's side like a baby koala.

~~*~~*~~

"Mr Sean, these are the files for you to sign before your trip to China tomorrow" June impassively said as he placed a bunch of files over Sean's desk and stood there trying his best to not look at Sean in the eyes.

It's been 2 days since the birthday lunch and Sean had noticed how June was trying to avoid him every single time Since that day for the past 2 days. He was confused by June's reaction and at first he thought that something was bothering June, so he left him alone for a while.

But this kept happening continuously for the past two days and Sean knew that something was really wrong with June, for him to act up like this.

The June who was standing there in front of him felt completely different from the guy who used to be beside him, for the past one months. This new June looks colder and more distant when he used to be a cheerful and sassy guy, who actually never feared Sean despite him being the boss there.

"Make sure you deliver them directly to the chairman yourself. I don't want this to get mishandled" Sean said as he got back all those files aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter