CHAPTER 4

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a month since June joined as his assistant and Sean has been going through hell and heaven all at once because, dealing with his personal assistant was not how he assumed it would be. June always gets on his nerves and Sean on the other hand will try his hardest to chase June away or at least make him resign his job, since Sean knows that he will never be able to fire June even if he has a reason.

Sean hates his father for doing such a thing to him and now that he must deal with June every single day and night. The idea June suggested the very first day he came in, was indeed amazing and it worked which impressed all the board members within such a short span of time.

Sean was impressed as well, but at the same time he was mad about that because how can his personal assistant be the star of the show when he is the CEO. Sean couldn't take the fact that everyone was praising June for his amazing idea after the board meeting which held up to analyse the sales where are going on.

It made Sean feel like he is a loser to everyone now, and no one will look up to him just like how they did for June, even when that guy was simply his personal assistant someone who is lesser in rank than him, than all of them.

He doesn't understand why, but Sean sure started feeling the pressure coming up to him because he knows his father will take this situation into his advantage, and will clearly look down on him once again. That was something unacceptable for him the most.

Sean felt suffocated and frustrated just by staying near June and he wanted to distract himself from that forever. Sean fished his phone out of his pocket and dialled his best friends' number immediately, without beating around the bushes unlike others'

"Hey Zhan. What's up man..?" Xuan asked as soon as he picked up the phone and saw the caller ID of his best friend.

He wondered what happened for his so-called best friend to call him unexpectedly like that because that guy is almost busy every day and usually doesn't get time to spend it with them anymore once he started working in his father's company.

"Are you free tonight..?" Sean asked in a tired voice which didn't go unnoticed by Xuan who was listening to his best friend. Just by the sound of it, Hao Xuan knew that something was wrong and Sean Wanted to tell him something. With a still hesitant voice he said,

"Mm.. Kinda..? Well I was thinking of taking my boyfriend for a drink but it's okay, what's the matter..?"

He was not sure if he should have told him about taking his boyfriend out for a drink, but Sean is his best friend so there is nothing to hide and they all know about his relationship with Ji Yang.

But that thing which was haunting his mind was the way Sean was talking to him. That guy seems so stressed out and tired for some reason, which was totally not him. Sean is more serious and intimidating to others, but with his friends he is a cheerful and talkative guy despite the y and intimidatingly serious outro he gave out as an outro.

"Can we meet up? Bring your boyfriend too. I seriously need a drink tonight because I might blow up if I continue to stay here" Sean asked or more like plead to Xuan, who was actually surprised by the sudden request because Sean usually doesn't have time whenever he asks him to go out and enjoy for a moment.

He missed his best friend all the time and missed those moments which they used to spend together with their gang. It is not easy to do that again when each one of them is now focusing on their career and is busy dealing with things in their life.

Xuan didn't know what was bothering his best friend but, he will always be there for him just like he always did in the past. "Hey Zhan calm down dude, it's okay we can meet up tonight and I will tell him too" Xuan said cheerfully trying his best to make the other feel at least a little bit better than he's been a minute go.

"Is Ji Li free..?" Sean inquired about his other best friend whom they used to tease a lot because of his size. Ji Li has a small body and he looks like a 15-year-old even though that guy is clearly 25 now.

"I am not sure, I guess he is out of station at the moment because I remember him saying that he will be going to China for a month or something." Xuan answered Sean's question because Ji Li clearly told them that he will be out of the country for a while and only be back once he is done with his business there.

It's a pity that Ji Li is not here but what's more important is for Sean to get some time for himself and calm down from whatever stress he is going through. Because if this keeps going, Xuan is scared that Sean might snap at any moment from then on, which will never end well for anyone who's related to him even the slightest.

"Oh yeah I just remembered that, it's Okay then. Let's meet up at the usual place by 8 this evening?" Sean informed him, as he was setting up the time so he could get ready and go to their usual place once he is done with his office work. Sure, he is a workaholic, but today he just wants to get the hell out of that building as soon as he can and stay somewhere else.

"Sure man. I will be there. Oh, by the way, how's your new assistant..? Is he good..? " Xuan asked casually because he was truly curious about this new assistant who happened to intrude Sean's life suddenly.

All his friends were curious about this new guy because they have noticed how frustrated Sean had become after June started working for him even though they are not aware of what's going on there. But they still can conclude that June is not as simple as they all thought he will be from how Sean is acting these days.

"That's what I wanna talk about, I will catch with you later. I'm a bit busy now "

Sean replied hurriedly because he didn't want to start the topic yet, and he still has a few more hours until his work will be done for the day. He is not a regular employee, for someone who can get out of the office after their office hours.

But today he will just follow the rules and go out as soon as he can because, each second his spending there was suffocating him and something deep in his heart was truly irritating and annoying the hell out of him. Sean is not sure what that feeling is, the feeling which has been messing with him and his sanity for the past one month.

"Okaaaay then. Bye... Don't forget to be y tonight " Xuan teased Sean to lighten up the mood for Sean, who seems more serious and anxious for some reason.

"You know I wouldn't. Bye" for the first time Sean smiled after hearing the teasing voice office best friend.

It helped him to calm down a bit even though that's just for a few seconds. He hung up the call and got his back on his desk and focused on his work so that he coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter