CHAPTER 13

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few days after the incident, Sean called June and ordered, "June, come to my house in the evening. We have to go through the reports once again and you can take the day off for tomorrow. I won't be going to the office as well. So, cancel all my schedule for tomorrow, until Monday."

Sean had been feeling restless ever since Yibo called him the previous day and talked to him to inform him about the family dinner. He knows that it is something inevitable but still, he wasn't ready for it when your heart beats for someone else and was forced to marry and get started with life with another person.

Someone whom he's not even familiar with. Was this his faith or was this the fate his father made for him...? He was confused and thrown in between getting a life of his own and living a life that everyone wants him to be.

Growing up in a family like his, all he ever did was try his hardest to do things in the perfect way, despite his pain and suffering to make himself good and worthy in front of his family and the people around him.

Never once he got a life that he actually wanted to live for himself rather than living it for someone else's sake. He's someone who came from a rich family yet had to live the life of someone else when he could have lived the way he wanted it to be.

Sean truly felt confused by his current situation and he is forced to take a decision as soon as he can, before things get out of his hands. He only has a month or so for his wedding and things are getting more hectic on his side when he finds someone special to his heart at a right moment when all this while he thought he will never be able to find his love.

Someone who is meant for him, someone who understands him and someone who accepts him as who he is. He knew that he was being a jerk to June during the first month of his working period but Sean did know how June accepted him despite that guy being cranky and bossing him around when he is the one who is supposed to do that.

It's funny how he let's June boss around and sits there watching how he takes care of things on his own. Sean was amazed by June's ability to do things on his own as if he's a professional already, who had been through a lot of training all his life. Sean did ask June how he was able to do all this when he's nothing but an assistant there, getting on his nerves of course.

June had this unique way of doing things in his style when they are dealing with issues and crises in the company. Many people grew fond of him because of his beauty and his ability to lead things properly without messing it up. Yet Sean never liked all the attention his assistant was getting, especially from all the ladies working there.

Is it too much to ask for his assistant to only focus on him and nothing else...? What's wrong in wishing the person he's grown to have feelings for to focus on him and not liking when other's approach that person...? Sean sees nothing wrong in his actions and he never will.

"Mr. Sean, " June greeted Sean as he slammed his face on the intercom so that Sean could see the person who's standing outside his house.

Sean couldn't help but chuckle when he saw June's face so close to the small camera that he looked like a funny figure. He pressed on the button which opens the gate and June walked inside and towards his doorsteps.

He had a small smile on his face as he opened the door to see his personal assistant standing there at the threshold office doorstep, looking at him, with a smile on his beautiful face and a bunch of things in his hands which Sean doesn't know what that is.

"Come in" Sean opened the door wide, so that June could walk inside before he walked away from the door and into the kitchen. He was trying to prepare something for dinner since he was feeling hungry at the moment and hadn't had time to eat properly because he had things to get done during the day.

With a bit of difficulty, June still managed to get inside the house before closing the door with a slight kick by his leg, while still holding onto a big bag in his left hand and a bunch of files on his right.

"Does he want to make me look like an who makes him work like a slave or what...? Why is he carrying so much stuff in his hand like that...?" Sean mentally complained while looking at June before turning back to search for something he can at least munch on until he can calm his growling belly a bit.

"Did you have your dinner yet...?" Sean asked.

He couldn't find anything in his fridge that he can readily eat, and turned back to look at his assistant who just walked inside his kitchen area, and placed the big bag on the dining table before turning towards him and answered,"No, but my mom prepared some food for you. She asked me to give this to you"

"Your mom...?" Sean inquired surprisingly because he never thought that June's mother will prepare something for him and that too in the right moment when he is starving to have something that might even look closely edible at that moment.

His maid is taking a few days off that day and he granted her wish since he never planned to take that day off when she asked for the leave, which led him to starve like this because he is not quite sure how to cook even though his fridge is basically stuffed with different things which look more than edible but not something he can work on.

"Yeah, she kind of saw you the other day at the mall when we went there for lunch. So, when I told her that I have work today she told me to bring in the dinner and she prepared this herself for you." June said casually, since there is no way he is going to tell Sean that he asked his mother to prepare some food for his boss since he will be working there late at night.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter