CHAPTER 12

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

" Yibo...?" Sean exclaimed once he realized his fiancé was the one calling him, interrupting the moment of silence between him and his lover.

He just couldn't put his fingers on what he was feeling at that moment but, he surely wasn't ready to pick up the call when June was right beside him. They just talked things out a minute or two ago, and Sean is not sure how he will take this situation and how June will be reacting if Sean chose to answer his fiancé right now.

Sean breathed hard while he chewed his inner cheeks, trying to figure out a way out of this mess he's in. His fingers twitched before he held them tight around the phone still staring at the screen, while his heart palpitated as he looked at his lover standing there looking at him, with an unexplainable expression on his face.

Sean is not sure what June might be feeling since he can't figure that guy out yet. June is like a part of mystery for him, a beautiful puzzle in his gloomy life of work and stress. A man who bought colors into his life which was a chaotic river of pain and suffering in which he struggled the most to swim across.

"I will excuse myself then." June said when he realized Sean was having a hard time deciding what to do when his phone kept going off repeatedly. Sean was busy staring at his phone, contemplating whether he should pick the call up or not, felt like his heart skipped a beat the moment Sean saw his fiancé's name.

June felt like his whole world crumbled down for a second but soon enough, he schooled his features and made it look like he was ready to step out if that's what Sean wanted at that moment.

"No don't, stay here" Sean said in a hurry because he wanted June to stay there with him for some reason. As if he was trying to prove something in front of the other guy.

He doesn't understand why he asked June to stay there but, somehow, he feels like that will calm June down a bit in realizing that he is not having any sort of relationship with his fiancé other than forcefully getting married to him, because of his family.

"But the call... It's private. I shouldn't be hearing what he's saying" June try to reason out as he took two steps away from Sean.

June's mind wasn't in a steady form for him to process everything that happened. It was such an overwhelming experience for him and the moment which he went through all those was indeed tiring him out.

He just wanted some space for himself, but Sean wasn't letting him be. He held him down and asked him to stay there when all he wanted was to get the hell out of there.

"It's okay June, stay here. There is nothing between us that you can't listen to. So, stay... Please, at least do me that favor" Sean almost said that in his pleading voice which he never used before, other than this day.

That guy was always confident and did things like royalty. But this time, he is completely different from the Sean, June was used to seeing. The boss of his, was nowhere to be found and in front of him stood a man who's now looked more vulnerable.

"Mn" June nodded his head in agreement as he realized Sean wouldn't let him go just like that yet. Therefore, he stood there silently as Sean pick up the call and forcefully asked,

"Yibo...?"

"Oh, hello Zhan, were you busy?" Yibo pleasantly exclaimed in his usual, cheerful voice when his fiancé picked the call, even though it took him a few tries to get connected.

Sean noticed that there is a slight difference in his voice than before, but he didn't point it out as he thought Yibo might have got a cold or something like that. So, he assumed that might be the reason why he was having a slight change in his voice then the usual.

"No. It's okay, you wanna talk about something...?" Sean replied hesitantly since he doesn't know if he should be continuing the conversation or be a jerk and hang up the call with his fiancé.

Sean knew that he had been an to Yibo ever since their family decided their marriage, and officially announced their engagement to the world because both of them were not even ready to face each other during that time.

Sean was really busy dealing with all those issues that arose in the office back then, which led him no choice but to focus on his work then than on his unwilling marriage. He focused more on his work and held himself from lashing out on his father when that old man chose to do things on his own.

"Well nothing much, I just wanted to tell you about our family dinner this weekend. I... I wanted to invite you myself. I know you are busy, but I kind of wanna see you too. Please make sure you come okay...?" Yibo informed him, even though he was stuttering once, between the lines, which usually never happened whenever they talk.

But again, they don't usually talk that much, and all their calls are mostly Yibo calling Sean to inform him about something. Or just trying for them to be comfortable with each other, even after knowing that it is not an easy job to be done like said.

"Mn, I will be there. Don't worry and thank you for your invitation." Sean said it as politely as he can because he can never be rude to Yibo since that guy hasn't done anything wrong to him so far.

He doesn't hate Yibo, but he doesn't like him either. Yibo is not what Sean considered as husband material for him since he is extremely opposite to what Sean expects from his partner.

His imagination, style, personality or even the way Yibo carry himself are different from the potential requirement Sean needs in the person whom he's spending the rest of his life with.

Sean never fully despised Yibo about this matter. It's just that he hates the fact that he had to get married to someone who's totally out of his box in his preferences, which led him to distance himself from his fiancé like this.

"I will be waiting for you then." Yibo said, trying to cheer Sean up since he noticed that Sean sounded different and somewhat gloomy.

Even though this guy never talks much whenever they both had a conversation with each other, even though the calls they had are some of the rarest events which occur.

Usually, it's just them texting each other since they both are busy holding up a proper conversation on the phone like this. But Yibo seems to know and understand Sean a lot better than Sean thought he would in such a short period of time. He still remembers how awkward their first few calls were because Sean mostly keeps his silence and let Yibo talk with occasional "Mn's"

"Mn" Sean replied in monotone as he doesn't know what else he should be saying to Yibo, and to what he said.

That was the very first time Yibo told him that he would be waiting for Sean at the dinner which confused him a lot. But he still chose to brush it off, convincing himself that Yibo is trying to change and be good to him since their wedding is near.

And Yibo might only be wanting peace between them and therefore, he is forcing himself to do it out of his manners.

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter