CHAPTER 10

ENCOUNTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been a few days since both June and Sean came back to Canada. Things were quite a bit awkward after that night for both of them, but they somehow managed to deal with it.

Even though they still have that slight bit of awkwardness between them which wasn't that obvious to third person, they still pulled it off pretty cool. Sean had been trying his best to act normal and he was doing it happily with the fact that he now knows that June does have feelings for him and may actually be in love with him.

It's just that their situations are not in a perfect combination for them to be together, and have a life of their own. Sean is determined to sort this whole thing out since he had realised how June was influencing him, and how he wanted that guy to stay in his life.

He wants June in his life, not just as his personal assistant anymore, after the encounter he had with June's feelings. June wasn't coming to the office for the past 2 days since he got a cold after they soaked themselves in the rain, while there in China.

It was Sean who insisted on June taking few today's off so he could rest well and get better, before he comes back. Sean stubbornly ordered June to take a few days off even when June insisted on staying beside him, saying that he will be fine.

But at the end, the stubborn of Sean won and June decided to take a few days off from work. June was wearing a face mask once he arrived at the office on the next day as he was still sneezing and coughing in between.

He was really feeling uncomfortable wearing the mask but he is not someone who is ill mannered to go out without covering his face, when he is being sick. Sean was concerned and lightly scolded him asking why he returned to the office when he was still sick. But June distracted him while giving him the excuse that,

"Mr Sean, you have an emergency meeting. The chairman is here and has requested your assistance in the meeting within 10 minutes." He just wanted to come back to work and be with Sean again because, after that night, they opened up to each other more.

He felt like he lifted off a big burden out of his chest which he had been hiding for the past several years. It's true that he confessed his feelings for Sean even though that didn't end well, but he's happy that Sean is now aware of his feeling at least a bit unlike the other times.

"Wait what is he doing here..?" Sean asked, feeling surprised to know that there is an emergency meeting, and his father is there in the office on top of that.

He knew that something was up if the chairman himself appeared for the meeting all of a sudden, when even the CEO wasn't informed about the meeting in prior.

Sean's mood went from hundred to zero real quick when the thought of seeing his father cross his mind. He had been trying his best to avoid that old man so that he could at least stay at peace, even though it is not forever.

But still, staying away from that old man gave him a peace of mind because, he won't be constantly pressured to do better at the same time being under surveillance 24X7 like he's some sort of terrorist.

"Has he taken an oath that he will never let me live in peace or something..?" Sean said, feeling frustrated because of the sudden change in schedule and the upcoming headache he will be having to deal with, once he gets to see his father.

But soon his mood changed once he saw how June looked concerned, even though his eyes and forehead are the only parts Sean could actually see.

He ruffled June's hair and leaned forward to whisper "Come lets go, or he will brag in here" before he let out a soft chuckle when he felt June fidgeting from his close proximity.

Sean was busy examining June and endearingly watching his reactions of the guy who is still standing close to him when he heard someone behind him clearing his throat, which immediately pulled both of them back from the trans and Sean to look behind him only to realise his father standing there.

Mr. Xiao Ying stood there, giving him an impressed yet disappointed look. June on the other hand jumped a step back as he knew that he was standing too close to the CEO.

He is scared that Mr Xiao Ying might get a wrong idea of the situation, even though he knows that the wrong idea which anyone will be getting, is actually the right thing that was going on there.

"Good morning Mr. Chairman" June bowed down as he greeted the old man, who now walked inside Sean's office while he still had his eyes fixated on both of them in a suspicious manner.

"Mn.. Morning, can we get started then..?" the old man asked in a quiet serious tone, as he clearly stated the idea of him not liking what was going on there the moment he stepped inside the room.

"Yes sir, everything is set. I will excuse myself" June informed them before he tried to step out of the father and son situation because he could already feel that tension building up between those two men just by standing there and observing them.

It was a suffocating experience and all he wanted to do was get out of the room and in a lungs full of air, so that he can breathe properly again after being trapped inside that room for a whole minute with them both beside him.

"No, you are staying" Sean deadpanned when he saw June trying to get out of that room just because Mr Xiao happened to be there.

He knew that what he said would truly get into his father's nerve and that was his true motive for stopping June from going away. That man has fixed his marriage with someone who he doesn't even know, so these are some kind of little paybacks from him for doing that without his consent.

"Oo.. Kay" June said haphazardly by the sudden behaviour change of his boss, when he knew that the chairman wasn't very impressed by the interaction they had a moment ago.

But observing the emotional change in Sean, June realised that Sean wasn't letting him go because he wanted to get back on Mr Xiao, and he might have found June as a good reason to do that.

Mr Xiao was outraged and provoked by how Sean behaved towards him, but he chose to not say anything in front of his assistant. He is well aware of Sean's personality that Sean won't tolerate if someone dared enough to bash or try to embarrass him in front of someone.

That is something Sean will never accept, and he won't let go no that easily if someone dared enough to do that. That is one of the traits he inherited from his father and Mr Xiao knows that better without saying much.

They all walked towards the meeting room for the emergency meeting, which took almost two hours or even more to finish as each one of them had different opinions on the current situation, which arose in their company all of a sudden w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter