Uniform change

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

Spring, the season of flowers! Also the time of year the students change into their lighter uniforms, it was getting warmer and the time for lighter clothing came, and so teenagers all over the country were either letting their hormones control their thoughts, or fought it and failed miserably. Great time to be a teacher, indeed, patrolling school halls, checking any place one could be hiding at, separating young couples and telling them off, witnessing your students do things some don’t even do themselves. Good times. Our lovely boys aren’t exempt from this heat induced trend as well.

 

Nayeon jumped Mina as soon as the younger boy opened the door, unsuspecting, like any other morning they decided to walk to school together. Our penguin just wanted to have anicemornign walk to school with his boyfriend, and now he is being d at the entrance of his house. Good thing mr and mrs Myoui had left early that morning, otherwise he would have had a pretty hard time once he got back home that evening. It’s not Nayeon’s fault, really, he just forgets Mina looks that good with their summer uniform, and his heart was completely unprepared for the view that greeted him that morning, not that Mina is complaining, like at all.

 

Yeri had showed up rather disheveled to school that morning, the dumb grin on Seulgi’s lips explained everything and nobody bothered to ask at all, nobody wanted to know anyway. Seungwan and Joohyun were already a very intimate couple, and used to seeing each other in underwear, the bit of trouble they had that morning was from a few girls approaching them once they reached school, nothing too out of the ordinary either, being the star quarterback meant Joohyun would be surrounded pretty often, both knew very well how to handle the attention by now.

 

Sooyoung, our lovely, stand up guy, who was still not free from his hell bride, was also surrounded by a couple of fans when he arrived, but everyone knew how complicated his life was with his fiance and all, so he just got complimented and left alone, our boy was thankful his schoolmates were understanding. Sana, the favorite japanese hippie who happened to also have a rather sculpted body (nobody knew he was a martial arts master) was the cheerleaders and theatre girls’ protegée, the girls took him under their wings and he took good care of them as well, the fact that Sana showed zero interest in getting with them had some frustrated, but the girls were thankful.

 

Jeongyeon and Tzuyu were the old couple, they really didn’t see the fuss about the uniform change and were just thankful that they could stop feeling too hot by lunch, their admirers appreciated the sight, but nobody really moved to tell them anything. Chaeyoung, who had walked to school with the couple, got some appreciative nods, but that was about it, he was an average guy after all, our cub had reached a bit of a stillness on his development and looked too much of a pre-teen for highschool kids to find him too interesting. It was alright, his parents had taken him to the doctor when they noticed and, after all tests possible, were told he would be just fine, he just would develop a bit later than his older brother. 

 

Seungwan tried being supportive, but the fact that he was already going through his adolescence changes and Chae wasn’t showing any signs of his was a bit hard for the younger Son. That was an insecurity that only his family really knew about, and they all tried to cheer the young one up whenever he was down about it. Last, but never least, we have Jihyo and Dahyun, they were famous because of the school-wide bet on whether Jihyo and Seungwan were a couple or not, very few souls were doubtful because of the younger Bae, who was often seen with Jihyo and looked more like his boyfriend than the older Son. Not that it mattered much, both were fine with it.

 

What did bring a lot of attention to the little duo was that both were known gym rats, who contrasted so beautifully and fit so well with each other, Dahyun had his (family issued) fair skin with the jet black hair contrasting beautifully, and Jihyo with the sun kissed skin and light brown hair that match with one another, both boys together were just right, ever since Jihyo started growing his beard, Dahyun decided to grow his too, for some twist of destiny, both were blessed with the ability to grow full beards and were sporting very uncomfortable stubbles at the moment. Most guys were envious, most girls were interested.

 

Now, the summer uniforms parade would never be completed without the cheerleaders strutting around school like they owned the place (if you asked the right people, they’d tell you they did) and turn their noses on anyone among those they didn’t want who was brave enough to approach them and try their luck. It was almost a school tradition, they would gather at the gate and parade around with the full squad, just for the sake of it, and since they were never late for their classes nor did the girls ever initiate any sort of trouble, the teachers couldn’t really say anything against it.

 

“So, you girls really have to do this every year?” Jihyo asked good humoredly. 

 

“You know, mr Park, if you agreed to our invitations, you could do it with us.” Elkie answered suggestively.

 

Jihyo and Dahyun had been sitting on the bleachers near the cheer practice after school. The pale boy had some sort of inspiration and wanted to work under the late afternoon sun. The cheerleaders had just finished practice and were hanging around before heading to the showers, and they enjoyed the view, shut up. Elkie had decided to take a seat beside the former wrestler and, maybe, strike up some conversation. These two were always pleasant and interesting companies.

 

“If I did, Dubs would have dissipated your squad by now.” The owlish boy jabs.

 

“Do not include me in your escapades.” Dahyun protests, never really stopping his work. “You man up and tell them you are just afraid of girls because of that one time Jeong’s sister was having pms and you asked her where the bathroom wasa while standing right in front of it.”

 

Elkie and Shuhua, who had just joined them, burst out laughing.

 

“First off, stop exposing me. And that was years ago!” Jihyo whines. “It was my first time in that house and we all know how awful Jeong is with directions.”

 

“Oh, our poor baby Hyo met a mean noona.” Shuhua coos, they had gathered some audience among the girls because of the loud laughter. “Come here, let this nice noona help you.”

 

The cheer captain cradles his head against her chest and Jihyo couldn’t be more embarrassed. Dahyun even stopped what he was doing to snap a few pictures and send them to their group chat, which had Nayeon and Tzuyu freak out immediately. Elkie, that bastard, was crying out of laughter and the girls around varied between giggles and barking laughter. It was a nice afternoon, even if sacrificing Jihyo was the thing that entertained them.

 

“Hee, I think you should let him go.” Seungyeon suggested. “Hyo is about to reach his limit.”

 

“Fine, but just because I haven’t laughed like this in a while.” Seunghee agrees and lets go.

 

“Thank you, Seungyeon.” Jihyo is very grateful indeed.

 

“No problem, just take me out sometime.” The girl dismisses as she walks to the locker room.

 

The other girls gather their things and follow, leaving Jihyo feeling used and cheated. Dahyun was having the time of his life, his painting forgotten but already very far along regardless. 

 

“Did Seungyeon just cheat me into taking her out on a date?” 

 

“She did, Hyo. And you better do it soon, Sujinnie will look like a bumbling cub if you get on the wrong side of these girls.”

 

“Oh, don’t I know that.” Jihyo huffs defeated. “And you are my boyfriend, shouldn’t you be a bit more worried about me going on dates with other people?”

 

“I do enjoy my life, thank you.” Dahyun laughs. “I don’t want to be on the wrong side of the cheer squad either. And we started dating not long ago, not even our friends know about it yet. Hell, our families don’t know about it yet.”

 

“Don’t even. You are having as much fun as I am keeping them frustrated.”

 

“I’m not denying anything.”

 

The boys laugh and get up to gather Dahyun’s stuff, they would have to return everything to the art club room before going home, and both knew the artist wasn’t about to do anything else anyway. The episode had put both in a great mood and Jihyo very much wanted to take Dahyun on a date on the park before taking him home now. They get back and clean everything before grabbing their bags and heading to their favorite dog park, hoping Tzuyu wasn’t there today and they would be able to kiss each other during their date.