Mina is nervous

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

Dahyun had been busy with his submissions for his entry exams, this saturday would be the last piece for the first round of submissions, it was a sculpture and he had just been adding some finishing touches, mostly to quell his nerves, it’s not like the piece wasn’t ready, but he learned through the years, to always leave a few rough edges exactly because he would keep fiddling with it and he had ruined a few pieces before understanding he just had to leave it slightly unfinished for his last week before submission. But, with all these nerves, he had been mostly away from everyone, that’s mostly why he had two pretty ladies visiting him right now.

 

After Jeju, the younger Bae had kept in touch with Lip and Choerry, they met a few times at the beginning of the school year, but as schoolwork got heavier, they stopped seeing each other as much. Dahyun would send them pictures of his progress on his pieces, and they would answer with piles of books and scattered papers, sometimes with one or the other sleeping over their binders. It was nice, and they were pretty casual about everything, the girls understood and the three liked each other’s company. While lazing around the living room, the doorbell rang and Dahyun complained the entire way to the door.

 

“Minnie! Comeon in!” The pale boy greets the danseur.

 

“Hey, Dahyunie.” Mina hugs his friend before moving inside.

 

“I’m watching tv with the girls, by the way.” Dahyun warns, he knows the japanese hate being surprised with people.

 

“Girls?”

 

“Lip and Choerry? Met in Jeju during summer vacation? I’m sure the information got to you already.”

 

“Oh.” Mina understood who his friend was talking about. “So I’ll get to meet them in person?”

 

“And you’ll be the first one in the group to. Joohyunnie saw them back then, and Chae and Sana kind of introduced themselves, but they never really talked.” Dahyun offers, knowing the other loved knowing things other people didn’t.

 

Once they make their way back to the living room, Lip and Choerry part for their live pillow to retake his place between them. Dahyun laughs and shakes his head, missing the fond smile and amused eyes that paint his friend’s face. 

 

“Girls, this is Myoui Mina. Mina, these are Kim Jungeun and Choi Yerim.” Dahyun introduces.

 

“You can go for Lip and Choerry.” Choerry says, motioning to the other girl then to herself.

 

“I’m very pleased to meet you. Dahyun must be ashamed of me, because he has been hiding me from you girls.”

 

“In his defense, we have all been overwhelmed with our college preparations and Hyunnie has been going almost insane with his pieces.” Lip chimes in.

 

“I can’t really deny any of that.” The japanese chuckles amusedly. “Anyway, what are you all watching?”

 

“Before that.” Dahyun interrupts. “Why are you on your own? We all know Nayeonnie doesn’t leave your side if he doesn’t have to.”

 

“You know us too well.” Mina squints. “He went on some family lunch at his grandparents’ today. He is telling them we are practically married already and that they don’t have a say on him marrying a japanese man.”

 

“Oh, Minnie.” Dahyun pulls his friend to sit between himself and Lip. “Be a good boy and let us pamper you while you worry.”

 

Mina doesn’t resist at all, the group spends the morning talking over the bad drama the girls had insisted on, and getting to know these girls, he saw that they clearly cared for his friend, and Dahyun looked happier and more relaxed than he had been at the end of his last relationship. Don’t get him wrong, he loves Jihyo too, but the way the younger Bae had been unhappy, it was clearly better that the relationship ended. These girls, however, seem to be genuinely fond of Dahyun and the way they naturally move around each other, as if in tune with each other’s intentions, makes him hope that his pale friend is better and happy now.

 

At some point, Seungwan and Joohyun arrived, at the confused look in the older Bae’s face, Dahyun just said ‘Nayeon is dropping the m bomb to his family’ for the other two to understand. Seungwan immediately declares he’s baking cookies and heads to the kitchen, Joohyun looks at his brother telling him to make lunch and pulls the japanese to his lap, intent on pampering Mina as best as he could. It would be comical if it wasn’t so endearing, Joohyun is tiny next to Mina and he completely disappeared once the younger boy was curled up on his lap. Dahyun pulled his ladies to the kitchen so they could whip something up for everyone, really it was just Dahyun and Seugnwan cooking while the girls sat on the breakfast bar and talked to them.

 

There were some kisses here and there, and Seungwan felt a little pang in his heart for his best friend, especially since the last time the ex couple talked, but he wasn’t irrational to say either should keep insisting on something was dead already. And it was interesting to see Dahyun let himself be shown affection like this, with Jihyo it has always been very subtle, the wrestler never being too comfortable with showing too much intimacy in public, even if said intimacy was just a few pecks and said public was his best friend he had grown up with. 

 

Lunch was good, one of Mina’s favorites, and Seungwan baked more than enough cookies for all of them to hate themselves once they finished everything. Mr and mrs Bae were out for the weekend in some sort of company retreat mr Bae talked about, neither of the boys paid too much attention as it happened too often. Lip and Choerry would be sleeping over too, they talked and it didn’t make sense for them not to, as it had already happened back then and the three of them had been fine with it. It was at some point in the afternoon that Nayeon messaged his boyfriend, by then, Mina had already fallen asleep, he ate too much and the couch paired with the tension lulled him to a peaceful sleep.

 

Dahyun noticed the japanese’s phone lit up with his boyfriend’s name, so he took his own and messaged Nayeon that Mina was sleeping, they were together at the Baes’ and the japanese was very nervous earlier, so he didn’t want to wake him up. Nayeon answered that he was going back home and would drop by to pick Mina up later. The group went on with their lazy afternoon, Nayeon showed up early evening, he greeted everyone hurriedly and snatched Mina so they could go and have a nice dinner. It was, all in all, a nice day.