Seulgi, the popular bear

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

The Kang family is actually very big, and all of them try to keep as close relations as possible with each other, Seulgi’s father, for example, has two brothers and a sister, all have pajama parties together to this day. No, it’s not a teen thing, shut up. So, when mr Kang’s sister says she is moving back to Seoul, he immediately announced he would be taking care of her family and they could just stay at his house as long as they needed to. 

 

That ensued a fight between the brothers, the eldest won, but it fell to Seulgi, though his father was the youngest, to take care of his cousin and show him around, they would be going to the same school anyway. Everyone agreed that it would be better if the boys stuck together, not that the other cousins weren’t up to par, but Seulgi and Daniel were the ones at the same age, their older cousins were already in college and they didn’t want to keep the women from their studies. The younger cousins couldn’t really tour Daniel through his future school, mostly because they were trying to get into the very same school and had to keep their grades up for that and didn’t have that much time in the end.

 

Seulgi was excused from practice for the week, Sooyoung talked to their coach himself and the student office agreed to allow the friendly bear to take the lead on this. Plus, Seulgi was part of the welcoming committee, and the student council wouldn’t oppose it either…. That, and Sooyoung was the vice-president, he had Chungha in the palm of his hand and could shut down any opposition the girl might possibly bring up, not that she ever really would, she also liked Seulgi like a little brother, they’ve known each other since kindergarten and all the boy had to do was bat his eyelashes and pout a little and Chungha would give in.

 

“So, how do we do this?” Daniel asked when he got to the schoolgates.

 

“I’m your guide and show you all the good spots.” Seulgi answers happily.

 

“Take me away, little cuz.”

 

“You do understand I’m as tall as you, right?”

 

“Not the point.”

 

Daniel laughs and hugs his cousin, both walking into the school grounds. First stop was the student office to get the visitor pass before starting their tour. They started with the building they were in, it was just the offices and classrooms, the labs, library, studios, courts and everything else were on other buildings. They went through everything fairly quickly, there were only the student council and the debate club around. Getting to the fields was much more interesting, first stop was the track club, they used the space closer to the classroom building, Jeongyeon runs by them and doesn’t miss the opportunity to rub his sweaty self on Seulgi before running off again, Daniel just laughs.

 

Next, they moved to the cheerleaders, Sana was at the bleachers and started a wave of flirtatious catcalls and kissy faces, quickly followed by Seunghee and Shuhua, then the other girls joined and didn’t stop until Seulgi was out of earshot. That was when they got to the football field, the team was on a break, that meant the boys spotted their favorite kicker and immediately proceeded to huddle around him and attempt some seductive dancing, well, as seductive as a bunch of teenage boys in full football gear could get. Daniel was finding everything incredibly amusing, he never knew his cousin was that popular around school and had this many friends.

 

They make their way to the basketball court, where Nayeon points Seulgi out to Mina, who shoots up and starts his weird, but not at all unusual, roleplay of, you shall not steal my boyfriend. It was always fun, mostly because Seulgi got too invested and Mina never failed to match up to him. Then they get to the other court, where the greco-roman was supposed to be, now the theatre club was using the space for rehearsals, Minnie just blew a few kisses and got back to what she was doing, the other kids never stopped rehearsal at all.

 

“I never imagined you were so popular.” Daniel chuckled.

 

“Neither did I. Must be because Minnie heard my cousin was visiting and made sure everyone else knew as well.”

 

“Minnie?”

 

“Theatre club president, we just passed by her.”

 

“Oh, the one who just blew a kiss and went back to looking pissed?”

 

“That one, she’s the one to go to if you want to know anything around here. Information comes with a price, though. Remember that.”

 

“I’ll keep it in mind. Where are we headed?”

 

“Well, the auditorium is over there.” Seulgi points out to the big building to their left. “But it’s just the rest of the theatre club rehearsing over there, so I thought of skipping.”

 

“Good thinking.”

 

“Then we are going over the labs and studios, come on.”

 

They head inside the other big building, the first floor were the dance studios, you know, stomping noises and all, the boys find Sana in one of those, the japanese boy jumps on Seulgi’s arms (quite literally), peppering his face with kisses and giggling, Daniel was introduced at some point there, but Sana was too busy giving love to the bear. Then they head out to the art studios, second floor, where they find Chaeyoung and Yeri on some shadow sculpting, Seulgi really doesn’t want to know, the devil duo greets them enthusiastically, asking about what they see on the wall, Daniel was very brave when he said the shadow looked like a duck, obviously not what the two were intending.

 

They leave fast, Seulgi doesn’t forget to kiss his boyfriend lovingly before he leaves, but they are out of there right as Chaeyoung starts screaming and destroying everything. Just another day of the devil duo trying their hand at different things to express themselves. Daniel laughed heartily at that, he knew of Yeri but never thought the boy would be this intense in person, his admiration for his cousin’s patience grew a bit more. Then they find Dahyun, finally, working on one of his pieces, the room was immaculate, completely white and not a single drop of paint on the floor, very weird for an art room, but the artist was known to be unusual and Seulgi made sure they didn’t linger for long.

 

Then they head to the other side of the building, where the labs were, first floor for the chemistry labs, second for biology and third for physics, both stop by the clubs for a quick visit and move on. On the third floor, at last but not least, they get to the music rooms, there are a few group rooms, the big one for the band and a few studios, they find Jihyo in one of those, and that’s when the problem arises, our resident Jigglypuff lovechild was working in one of his lyrics, trying out what would fit best with Sana’s composition before calling the japanese in to record. Seulgi just sat down for a while, enjoying the cooling air conditioning while they waited for Jihyo to come out of the booth.

 

Daniel, in turn, seem to have frozen as soon as he entered, looking at the window of the recording booth, his eyes were shining, but his cousin didn’t notice, Seulgi was more worried about sitting down for a while and stealing one of Jihyo’s water bottles to really see what was happening. Once our baby owl came out of the booth, Daniel felt his breath hitch and his heart skip a few beats, when their eyes met, the taller boy was certain he would faint right then and there. Seulgi jumped up and hugged his friend enthusiastically, he hadn’t had the chance to really talk to Jihyo in person for a while and Kang Seulgi was definitely a hugger, then he introduced his cousin and both started planning to gather everyone to actually meet Daniel, who, in turn, was just there trying not to embarrass himself.