Meet and greet

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

So, as Dahyun’s first pieces had already been sent, he gave himself a week to rest. Not really because he wanted it, but because the next themes hadn’t been announced yet and it would be pointless to stress over them, so he was resting. Coincidentally, it would be Mina’s last recital on saturday and most everyone was attending, Dahyun decided he would go with his girls and then take them out to a nice dinner after. He heard Jihyo would be there too, and asked the danseur where his ex was sitting so he could take a seat with the girls on the opposite side, and everyone could enjoy the show peacefully.

 

Everyone knew there could be some altercation at the end when they all gathered to congratulate Mina, but they hoped for the best. Joohyun was thankful that his little brother thought to coordinate seats, they were so used to just being all together that he forgot this had to be a worry now. Not because either were prone to fighting, but Jihyo was still not very accepting of everything, despite their talk, and Dahyun, rightfully, has found other people to put his affections, there should be some discomfort still. But still, it was supposed to be Mina’s night and everyone had to be on their best behaviour, Nayeon made sure of that, he talked to each and every one of them, demanding Mina’s last recital before college was perfect.

 

It went well, the piece was beautiful and both Choerry and Lip were attending this type of event for the first time, they looked beautiful in their dresses, and it was nice that Dahyun had gone to pick them up so he could help the girls choose their dresses so they didn’t feel too out of place. That gave the girls some extra time to gawk at their date in his cute suit and how his muscles flexed just the right way, needless to say, the girls would absolutely NOT be keeping their hands to themselves tonight. It was decided they would go back to Lip’s house after that, her parents planned a campfire party later on and there were cookies and marshmallows and who was crazy enough to refuse hot chocolate and smores?!

 

But back to the recital, it went very well and Mina came out holding too many bouquets already, it was his last performance before his entrance exams passed and he might not even return to this company after. Nayeon, the loving little excitement ball he was, came bouncing behind his boyfriend, holding Mina’s bag and with an iron grip on his hand. The boys all congratulated him (Dahyun’s dates too, they liked Mina) and handed him a single rose each, that formed a beautiful arrangement inthe end, it was sort of a tradition they adopted because Mina got too many and mrs Myoui knew flower arrangement, so they started getting one flower each, then hand the woman the silk and the ribbon so she could bring it together after.

 

Everyone talked for a while, then mr Myoui said the family should head out for their dinner reservation and everyone started leaving. Jihyo left first with Joohyun and Seungwan, followed by Sana and Chaeyoung and Jeong and Tzu. Then Sooyoung said his mother had arrived and Seulgi and Yeri with them, at some point during that, Dahyun called a cab and left with the girls for dinner, they would eat something quickly and then head back to the Kims for a lot of dessert. It would be the first time Dahyun was properly introduced to Lip’s parents, and actually talked to them about something that was not clothes suggestions for their daughter nor doing said daughter’s makeup. He is an artist in more than a few ways.

 

It would, also be the first time Dahyun ever went through the ‘meet the parents’ thing, he was very nervous, but being in a suit helped him relax a little, he thought he would make a better impression dressing fancy, something both girls told him was stupid and he just had to be himself. Also, because Lip’s father was a detective and had already run a background check on him, Choerry’s dad was a doctor and ran a check on him through other sources, and then both sets of parents exchanged information and decided he was good for their girls. It had been a surprise for them to know both girls were together, and then learn they also had a third party to their relationship and that it was a boy, but the Kims and the Chous had met each other and learned to handle that. 

 

Now, they were all still to meet Dahyun and then the Bae family, but first things first, and as the pale boy entered the house, he froze instantly, mr Kim was standing in the entrance hall with a young man, likely, Lip’s brother, looking at him with angry faces and very intimidating auras. The girls laughed and guided him to the living room, Lip giving her dad and brother a kiss as she went. Mr Kim sat in one of the armchairs and the older Kim in the other, mrs Kim was barely holding her laughter but felt sorry for the boy regardless. 

 

“I hear you are dating my daughter.” The man started.

 

“Ye-yes sir.” Dahyun gulped.

 

“And why am I only meeting you now? Jungeun said you met during summer.”

 

“I- I a- I.” The pale boy stammered but couldn’t form a sentence.

 

“Honey, drop the act.” Mrs Kim decided to take pity and intervene. “It’s nice to properly meet you, Dahyun.”

 

“It’s my pleasure to meet you all as well, ma’am.” He seemed to relax.

 

“How about you go up and change so we can eat some pulled pork sandwiches and get that fire going?” The woman offers, her husband clearly not pleased, but didn’t stop her.

 

“Great idea, mom!” Lip chirps, bringing the boy up with her. “We’ll be down really soon.”

 

Dahyun lets himself be guided, he mindlessly changed into whatever the girls handed him, a mistake he would only realize too late, and found himself sitting at the kitchen table with a huge sandwich in front of him and not knowing how he got there. For whatever reason, mr and mrs Kim and the older brother were very entertained about something but weren’t saying anything, and the girls seemed normal, so he let it go and just ate what was one of the best snacks/dinners he ever tasted. 

 

“Dahyun, come and help me with the fire.” Mr Kim said after they all ate.

 

“Shouldn’t I be helping with the dishes?” 

 

“Jungeun and Yerim will handle it, now come.” 

 

There wasn’t any room for arguments, so the boy followed, and he could swear the four who remained inside were snickering. 

 

“Tell me, son.” Mr Kim starts as they are placing the rocks around the fire basin. “What do you intend to do for college?”

 

“I’m aiming to take arts, and I’ve been busy with my admittance pieces ever since school started.”

 

“Pieces? For what?”

 

“The programs I’m aiming for are very advanced, and they all require me to submit a few pieces for evaluation throughout the year as well as take the entrance exam at the end. So I’ve been working on those.”

 

“Oh, that’s interesting.” That was information he didn’t manage to find. “And how come you have time now?”

 

“It’s the period between delivering the first pieces and them releasing the theme and medium for the next ones.”

 

“I’m guessing you are quite the artist, then?”

 

“I’ve been working with it all my life. But a quick google search should tell you that.”

 

“Show me, then.” The man got interested and handed his phone.

 

“Here, sir.”

 

Dahyun handed the phone back with the search page filled with articles about him being the ‘child prodigy’ that gathered the talent of all great masters in one little body. To say mr Kim was impressed would be an understatement, he focused more on vices and permanent records, but had foregone the part about simply googling the name to see what would show up. Apparently, the boy could be a young billionaire himself whenever he decided to start selling his best works, and knowing his daughter, theoretically, was going to be well taken care of in the future made his doubts end. 

 

The rest of the evening was rather nice, they talked, got to know Dahyun, ate until every single one was too sick to move, mrs Kim told them off between groaning in pain herself and then got them all some stomach medicine. It was only when he went to take a shower before bed that Dahyun understood the reason why everyone had been so entertained all evening. In his daze, he just put on whatever was handed to him, which consisted of Lip’s bunny pajamas that were too small and too tight for him. Sure, our boy could rock pink like the king he was, but not hot pink with purple bunnies, it didn’t even make sense, and our boy filled those up to the point of almost bursting the seams. 

 

Sure Lip could bid the pajamas goodbye, they would never go back to their original size, but if it entertained them, our boy would bite the bullet.