That

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

“I hope you haven’t been waiting for too long.”

 

“Oh, hey Hyo. Just got here.” Sana greets cheerily.

 

“Should we just tell them to come in already, or are we feeling like seeing how far they go?” Jihyo whispers when he gets close.

 

“I’m feeling let them be.” Sana giggles.

 

“Then let’s get in.” The smaller boy agrees, then says a little louder. “Which room do we have?”

 

The japanese seem to have understood. “I got number five, I know you love that one.” He says a little loud.

 

The two snicker and head inside, the group following them is joined by Tzuyu, Mina, Chaeyoung and Joohyun, who had opted out of the whole following part and headed to the studio to spend their time having some overly sugary excuse for a coffee and getting updated with each other. The group that had followed still had to understand where they were, while the group who came directly had already had a tour, played around a little and got to know some of the people who frequent the place. This was a music studio, they had dance rooms too, but this was usually where people came to make music.

 

Jihyo and Sana had been singing for quite a while already, they ran into each other by pure luck and decided to check out what the other was doing, both loved it and Sana suggested they worked together on a project or another, Jihyo couldn’t be happier about it and didn’t even think twice before agreeing. From then on, they made quite a few songs, nothing too professional, but enough to get into the creative process and forget the world for a few hours. Today they were recording some adlibs, to their latest project, they started sending their songs to contests at the beginning of the year, and this one was another subscription.

 

The boys were good, amateur and their voices were not that well trained, but enough to get them scouted if they ever really tried out for an entertainment company. Their followers, however, never knew of their real skills, maybe except Seungwan who may or may not have been asked to help them out here and there (Joohyun will never hear of this). Despite the Hyun brothers knowing they would be singing, Jihyo had never let them hear anything and they were almost as in the dark as all the others.

 

“Oh, you are here.” Mina notes the group of tired boys getting in the studio. “Get over here and we’ll order something to cool you all down.”

 

Nayeon tries to deny, mumbling whatever, but Jeongyeon drags him over regardless. The café was on the entrance of the studio, there was a mini reception at the back, but it took up almost the entire floor. The spy group gets some water and there is a small fight over the pitcher (Dahyun vs Seungwan, surprisingly) before they are capable of thinking past the heat and tiredness and actually order something. 

 

“I hope you all brought another shirt at least, you guys stink.” Tzuyu comments once they are settled.

 

“Of course I did.” Jeongyeon says, a little offended. “Who do you think I am?”

 

“I know you did, love.” Tzuyu shushes his boyfriend with a quick peck. “I’m asking these savages over there.” He motions for the other sweaty boys.

 

“Hey!”

“I smell heavenly!”

“Joonie likes it.”

 

“I do not like it, and you will not give me a kink I don’t have.” Joohyun protests his boyfriend’s claim with a powerful smack.

 

They all laugh a little, before Mina and Tzuyu usher them to the bathroom to clean up a little and change shirts. The other three agreeing wholeheartedly over the protests of the stinky group. You see, Mina and Tzuyu were very against the dreadful smell of sweaty and unshowered with deodorants about to expire teenage boys, it was awful and nobody really liked it, but those two were very vocal about their displeasure. Jeongyeon already knew to bring along a clean shirt, the deodorant Tzuyu had chosen for him, a pack of wet wipes and a towel (the tall boy was very particular about these things and would pack such kit himself whenever needed), Nayeon, however, was still in the adaptation phase, so Mina and him still hadn’t set rules for many situations yet, this was one of them.

 

Turns out, bringing three packs of wipes and a new deodorant can was the right choice, good thing Jeongyeon is a man who anticipates these situations and brought enough. That doesn’t mean Tzuyu is letting him be without a few laughs about how his boyfriend is sulking a little because their friends raided his supplies. Mina was grateful enough to give his pouting savior a kiss on the cheek, which got Tzuyu laughing even harder because he knew how awkward Jeongyeon was about these things. Nayeon, the devil’s spawn he is, saw it happen and kissed his friend too, which brought all the other boys to do the same and now we have Tzuyu rushing to a stall not to wet himself and the others laughing at the flushed bumbling boy.

 

“I’m going.” Jeongyeon mumbles and spins out of the bathroom.

 

“Calm down, you grump.” Nayeon taunts. “We are all going.”

 

“Also, Tzu isn’t done yet.” Joohyun notices. “Just wait a bit and we’ll go.”

 

“What are we doing here anyway?” Chaeyoung questions. “I mean, Joonie said it was art appreciation, but I still don’t get it.”

 

“You’ll see.” The older Hyun assures him. “Just follow me for a treat.”

 

“You know I really hate when you do these things, right?” Dahyun decides to stop his brother. “And you remember the beating waiting for you when we get home, yes?”

 

“Oh, shush.” The older pale boy dismisses. “You’ll thank me and forget all about it when we get there.”

 

“This better be good, Joon. I’m about to stop being patient with you.”

 

“Right, you two can fight at home.” Seungwan intervenes. “Right now we are heading to room five and this is going to be a treat.”

 

“With luck, Chae can get his together and ask Sana out already.” Nayeon quips, never one to lose an opportunity.

 

“We all know he won’t.” Tzuyu says with finality.

 

The group tumbles to room five, which turns out to be a recording studio and gets into another discussion about who will knock, that comes to an end when Sana opens the door with Jihyo just behind him, both looking absolutely amused with their visitors. 

 

“You can all just come in, you know.” Sana invites, trying very hard to not laugh.

 

“We are just doing some revisions anyways.” Jihyo adds.

 

The “spies” get inside, looking various levels of ashamed for being caught and mocked like this. The control room is fairly big, rooms three to six were the big studios, so it fits everyone, some on the floor, some on the couch, Sana and Jihyo are back to the chairs by the sound table.

 

“So, why are you all here?” The wrestler asks, not moving his attention from his work.

 

“Joonie declared we were coming over and we followed.” Dahyun blurts out, ever ready to throw his brother under the bus.

 

“Hey!” Said brother complains.

 

“So, you are all idiots. Got it.” Jihyo laughs, he knew none of them would take it too seriously. “Well, Sana and I are about to start.”

 

“You are welcome to stay and watch.” The japanese invited, laughing a little.

 

And the duo go back to the sound table and get things ready to start recording. Today was adlib day, the main vocals were already done and they had been talking adlibs for a while to get to an agreement on them. Plus, they wanted to be done with recording soon and start mixing, synching and finishing already, the recording part was the dullest for them, and they only had about two weeks to finish. Sana was the first one in, and the expectators were thoroughly pleased with what they were witnessing.

 

“This really is some art appreciation.” Nayeon whispers when the first chorus arrives.

 

“Told you.” Joohyun looks smug and very pleased with himself. “But wait until the big boss shows his skills.”