Back to school, things are different

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

“Jihyo, can you come here a second?”

 

“Just a moment, dad!” The boy shouts back, taking a second to save his work before heading down. “What happened?”

 

“You remember Chorong, right?” Mr Park wonders.

 

“Of course I do! It’s been too long since I last saw her, how is she?”

 

“Seungmin called and they are all fine.” The man explains. “I called you here because she will be attending your school this year.”

 

“Well, it’s my senior year, so I’ll be studying a lot, but I’ll make sure to take good care of her!” Jihyo gets very excited.

 

Mr Park just laughs and dismisses his son. The pair had been close all their lives and Jihyo and Chorong haven’t seen each other in a good while, ever since Chanyeol had been officially out of the succession line and Seungmin had to step up after his brother. That was over five years ago, Chanyeol had been away from his parents for many years before that, but the legal procedures kept dragging on, old man Park wanted to make absolute sure that his embarrassment of a son and anyone that was connected to him wouldn’t be able to even sniff his money. With that, the legal protections took way too long to be completed.



 

“Hey, Hyun?”

 

“Yes, Hyunnie?”

 

“Is the iron with you? I gotta get my uniform ready for tomorrow.”

 

“Not today, I think dad has it.”

 

“Thanks, Hyun! I’ll go look.”

 

“If you find it, I’m next in line!”

 

“Gotcha!”

 

“Bae Dahyun, did you hear me?”

 

“BAE JOOHYUN, STOP SCREAMING AT YOUR BROTHER!”

 

“Sorry, mom!”



 

“Everything ready?”

 

“Hey mom, I’m almost finishing up.”

 

“You know your cousin will be attending your school this year, right?”

 

“You mentioned something about that, it’s a pity that Rongie is so much younger, I’ll only get one year with her.”

 

“She’s really excited to see you. Just take good care of her, alright?”

 

“Of course I will, mom. But I can’t promise anything during the first two months.”

 

“Park Sooyoung!”

 

“I gotta find the new captain, and then the team will vote for my replacement and then I’ll have to train him in all my tasks and then I’ll have more time, but I’ll have to keep focusing on playing if I want to keep the colleges interest.”

 

“Calm down, son. I know your first few months will be hectic. And it’s not like Rongie really needs anyone looking after her.”

 

“That she sure doesn’t. Also, mom?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Have you seen my necktie? I was certain I put it in the uniform pocket before we went to grandpa’s place.”

 

“Oh, that….”

 

“Mom?”

 

“Your father kind of needed a blue tie today and couldn’t find one without a pattern, so he remembered you had your new tie and it was exactly what he needed.”

 

The boy sighs. “As long as it’s clean and ironed, as I left it, by tomorrow morning, it’s alright.”

 

“You are the best.” The woman leaves with a bounce on her step and a kiss to her son’s head.



 

“Oh, thank god you’re here!”

 

“Hello mrs Kim, I came as soon as you called.”

 

“Just, please get that child to fix his uniform and bag for tomorrow? I’m about to lose my patience and you know I’ll hide the body so well not even Jesus will find that boy!”

 

“I’ll do my very best.” The boy chuckles. “You know I can’t promise anything, though.”

 

“I know, but I trust you’ll do better than I did.”

 

They laugh a little and the boy heads upstairs.

 

“You know, your mom is about to not be a mom anymore.”

 

“Hey, Seul! I’m guessing she called you here?”

 

“Hey, Yerm.” The older boy chuckles. “So, why is she so mad?”

 

“As usual, I can’t decide where to begin and end up not doing anything.”

 

“Then let’s put your books away and start there.”

 

Yeri just silently stands and kisses Seulgi before heading to his study table.



 

“You ready for tomorrow, son?”

 

“Oh, yeah! I’m just worried about Chaeng, though. He was very nervous this morning.”

 

“Why didn’t you bring him over, then?”

 

“Dad, did you ever see Chaeyoung with your own eyes?” Sana chuckles. “There was no way he was going to last half an hour training with us.”

 

They laugh and get back to their sparring.



 

“Should we really be here right now?”

 

“Sweetie, you have to relax.”

 

“Yeah, and we are all ready for tomorrow, don’t sweat it.”

 

“You are always too relaxed, Jeong.”

 

“I know, Minnie, but one part of the relationship has to be. Look at Tzu over there.”

 

“I agree that he needed to calm down, especially with all the skipping a grade thing, but did we have to come to a puppy cafe?”

 

“Sweetheart, be quiet and eat your cake. We all know you love gushing over Tzutzu with puppies.”

 

“Minnie, you are lucky you are cute, because I’d totally whoop your for revealing my secrets like this.”

 

“Like it was any secret to begin with.” Jeongyeon declares and starts laughing, Mina following right behind.

 

Nayeon just huffs and eats his cake while watching how cute Tzuyu is being buried in puppies.



 

“You two are ready for tomorrow?”

 

“Yes, dad.” Both boys answer together.

 

“And there is nothing else you have to do?”

 

“No, mom.”

 

“And you sure, sure that we can be eating shaved ice like this?”

 

“Mom, dad, Chaeng and I got everything ready this morning, and triple checked everything.”

 

“And we also made sure our uniforms are washed and ironed for tomorrow. Don’t worry, Wannie had some great tips about doing our laundry.”

 

“Dating Joohyunnie has its perks.”

 

Mr and mrs Son chuckle lightheartedly, then they all go back to small talk and shaved ice while sitting on their front porch and watching the street.