Sana meets more people

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

The word that Park Jihyo was wearing glasses and looking the cutest had spread like wildfire, girls were squealing, some boys were frowning others were curious. Sana was definitely curious, him and Jihyo were good friends, and the matter of eyesight had come up a few times, specifically the first time they went fishing and the boy showed up in some unbreakable, floating, coffee making sports glasses that had the japanese wondering if they were really needed. 

 

Now, our favorite hippie got curious, for what it was worth, he had never seen Jihyo with his normal glasses, just those alien technology things he wore whenever they went fishing, and he already thought the slightly younger boy to be very cute, so this should be good. Don’t blame Sana, he had a liking for cuteness, now that he stopped to think about it, maybe that was one of the reasons people were so insistent he was gay, who knows, he just didn’t think the gender of whomever he got interested in was ever an issue.

 

People had too many rules, Sana mused, maybe that’s why so many are not able to live to their fullest, or that satisfied with themselves. He just likes what he likes and there was no problem with that at all, his parents also told him it was alright to have his preferences, why do most people insist on regulating others, he’d never know. Getting to the cafeteria was an experience on this particular day, a lot of small groups loitering around, lots of girls squealing and trying to whisper to each other, he smiled and headed to the line to get his food.

 

“Hey Ji!” Sana greets as he approaches his friend.

 

“Sacchan! Come and sit here.” Jihyo welcomes him happily, patting the seat beside him. “Kids, this is Sana. These are Nayeon, Mina and Dahyun.” He points out as he introduces.

 

“Nice finally meeting you all.”

 

“So you are the famous Minatozaki.” Nayeon says ominously, he always pretended to be investigating whatever new person he was introduced to, didn’t matter how much he knew of the person.

 

“I don’t know about famous, maybe my dad would be more of a celebrity than I am.”

 

“How so?” The bunny got interested and dropped his façade.

 

“Well, that is a bottle of Hanlim eye drops, yes?” Sana points to a small bottle beside the older boy.

 

“Yes?” Nayeon sounds very curious now.

 

“The formula changed about five years ago, remember?” The japanese get nods in return. “My dad was the one to come up with it, he developed the new formula to make it burn a little less when applied.”

 

“Isn’t your dad the computer guy, though?” Jihyo questions.

 

“He is, mostly. But he does have a degree in chemistry and likes to dabble. Remember that incense he gave you last week? He developed that with pheromones to make you not tense your muscles.”

 

“Oooh!” The ex-wrestler is impressed.

 

“You are telling me your dad is the man who changed my life!” The older boy almost screams, his new friend also just nodding. “I must tell your dad I love him, this was the best thing that happened for us who wear contacts daily.”

 

“You are more than welcome to come by and thank him personally whenever.”

 

“Don’t invite him because he will show up.” Mina intervenes. “It’s nice to finally meet you, by the way.”

 

“You are Mina, right? Jihyo did mention you had an accident.” 

 

“Well, it’s part of the art. The girl paired up with me lost her balance and well, here we are.”

 

“I get it. It’s nice you are feeling well enough.” Sana chirped.

 

“So, mr Minatozaki.” Dahyun decided to join. “Would you mind telling us why all the girls have a sweet spot for you and some guys too?”

 

“I would say, maybe ask mr Park here?” Sana isn’t about to go down alone. “All I heard today was ‘oh, Jihyo is looking cute’, ‘have you seen Park today’, ‘Jihyo be looking good’.”

 

“Oh, do tell us about that.” Jeongyeon prompted, him and Tzuyu had been waiting for a chance to join the conversation.

 

“You guys didn’t hear? The entire cheerleading squad was in the hallway squealing about him.” 

 

“The entire squad? Oh my.” Dahyun does his best scandalized performance.

 

“That’s your chance, Hyo.” Tzuyu joins in. “It’s the dream isn’t it? To have cheerleaders fawning over you.”

 

“You all .” Jihyo gives up.

 

“That too, but you love us anyway.” Nayeon offers with a disgusting smirk spreading on his lips. “And don’t say you aren’t flattered, it’s the dream to have all the girls riled up like that.”

 

“Aren’t you and Mina dating?” The big eyed boy questions.

 

“And?” Mina asks. “We are still guys, though.”

 

“This is wrong on so many levels that I’m just gonna finish my lunch here.” Jihyo dismisses his friends and concentrates on his food.

 

The boys keep talking and teasing him, but mostly, they get to know Sana a bit more. Tzuyu and Jeongyeon already knew him, the older one not so much, but Mina was interested in meeting another japanese, Nayeon found himself weirdly fond of this new acquaintance, and Dahyun found his new acquaintance extremely funny. It was a good meal, and Jihyo was already expecting to be teased, just not from Sana. Dahyun made sure to invite the boy to join them on their sleepover that day.