Weekend sleepover at the Park estate

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

Okay, it’s not really an estate, just a big house in a medium neighborhood. Jihyo’s dad was an heir, and it’s not like he was disowned without a single penny left, not that old man Park knew of, that is. Jihyo’s father was very aware he would be written off his father’s will soon enough, so he did what anyone planning their future would, he made his future wife open an account for them in her name and started making untraceable transfers, nothing that would draw attention, and he went to the bank and talked to the manager with mrs Park, the bank was aware the account would be receiving big amounts.

 

Jihyo, however, got tangled into the family business because his grandfather bartered him for a company that wasn’t even that important, but was popular and it would put the Park name on people’s mouths. Neither mr Park nor his wife were aware of exactly what was agreed upon and how to undo the deal. It took a lot of asking, some pride being thrown out and a promise of a family dinner for papa Park to get his sister to help him get his son’s life back, the woman was battling for her own kid, but that was already in the works, she might as well do this for the man who raised her. Not that Jihyo knew much about it, he just knew not to getinto a relationship because ‘legal punishment’.

 

Right now, we have mr Park (he decided to catch a flight home for the weekend) at the supermarket with his second cart rushing to restock after his son called and told him everybody was coming over to spend the weekend. Mama and papa Park loved it, Jihyo was an only child, they knew he got lonely from time to time, and the boy grew up with bringing friends over on a whim, they blame Seungwan, the boy was too accommodating, which, in turn, they blame mama Son for. Chaeyoung was the wildchild, he would just show up at the Parks and spend however long he felt like, and leave on a whim, the Parks loved him regardless.

 

After Nayeon and Jeongyeon were befriended, the couple didn’t even bat an eye before taking the duo in, they instigated Jihyo in ways Seungwan and Chaeyoung couldn’t, their minds and thirst for knowledge tied them to each other, while for the Son brothers it was pure fraternal love. With other kids in their house, came more kids, and now mama and papa Park just asked how many to restock their pantry properly.

 

Seungwan and Joohyun were the first ones to arrive, saying Jihyo was on a date with Dahyun and told them to just come whenever that they’d be let in, it was true, though, in the Park house, it didn’t matter much if Jihyo was there yet or not, the boys were all at home regardless. Mr Park was very happy his son was out on a date, but made a mental note to call his sister later and see how things are going on her end, the sooner they manage to untangle Jihyo from the family business the better.

 

The next ones in were Nayeon and Jeongyeon, they had stayed late on the chemistry club, their next competition was coming up and they wanted to set their game plan, it was the semi-finals after all. Jihyo should have been with them, but with everything going on, they just didn’t mention it to him and counted on Dahyun to keep the boy distracted. Sunmi asked why a third of her main players was missing, but was completely positive about it, especially now that the damn coach would be getting what he deserved, not that this vendetta had anything to do with the guy’s nasty personality. 

 

Jihyo was supposed to be meeting up with the team to head to their competition around the time he would be arriving home with Dahyun, and instead of going to fight for people who didn’t respect their teammates, much less the sport. The boy’s phone had been blowing up since the training session had begun after lunch, and from what he could see, nobody bothered to check what was really happening, and the text messages were getting slowly more threatening. It was all a source of high entertainment for the sorta couple on their small date.

 

Dahyun had asked why Jihyo wasn’t answering the phone, to which the boy promised to answer once they got home, put it on loudspeaker do that everyone could hear when he broke the news to coach Zhen that he wasn’t part of the team anymore so there was no point in waiting around for him to board the bus, if the coach was going to call, that is. But, right now, Jihyo was having a great time and was not going to let the team who abandoned him ruin his time with the man he loves. Once the uncouple got to the Parks’ house, everyone was already there, with some additions.

 

Chaeyoung asked where Seungwan was going with an overnight bag, because if it was the Baes he wouldn’t need to bring one, then announced he was going too. Sana had taken Soyoung to see his mother about massage gels for severe muscle pains, and tagged along after a quick call to his mother. Seulgi and Yeri showed up because the youngest had called Nayeon to gossip (they did that a lot) and found out about the get together. Mina had come from his physical therapy and Tzuyu arrived after his shift at the shelter, getting there at the same time Jihyo and Dahyun were walking up the street.

 

Once inside, everyone greeted, mr Park had declared he would be cooking some pho because it was easier and cheaper for this many people, and Jihyo and Dahyun got changed, it was time to, finally, answer the calls from the greco-roman team. Jihyo sat down in the middle of the living room and waited for the next call from coach Zhen, telling everyone to be quiet. By this time, if the bus hadn’t left the school, the team would be about half an hour late already, if traffic helped. Sure enough, the call came in.

 

“Hello.” Jihyo answers with the calmest voice he could muster.

 

“PARK! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HERE THREE HOURS AGO FOR TRAINING AND NEVER SHOWED UP. YOU BETTER HAVE A NICE EXCUSE FOR DOING THIS OR-” Coach Zhen fires, then Jihyo cuts him before the threat could be made.

 

“Or what? You are going to make me carry the team on my back again? Or maybe you’ll do your job and get your boys in proper competition shape.”

 

“How dare you talk back to me like that? Who do you think you are? You better get here in five minutes, we are already late.” The man seethes.

 

“You are indeed late. But I’m at home, wearing my pajamas and ready for a fun weekend with my friends.”

 

“What? You are scheduled to compete tonight, what are you talking about? This prank of yours isn’t funny.”

 

“There is no prank, coach Zhen, I’m at my house. You better get that bus moving or your team might lose for absence. You know, don’t show and the other team wins?”

 

“We would be there already if it wasn’t for you and your selfishness, making the team wait like this.”

 

“I’m not following, you are the one who said I should drop my category for your boys and I did, you get cocky because of my scores, you fail to admit that you needed me scoring high so your boys could qualify. How am I being the selfish one?”

 

“You are getting so many punishments for this. GET HERE NOW!”

 

“You are not understanding, I’m not your puppet, and I’m not going. You have no power to punish me for anything at all.”

 

“I’m the coach for the greco-roman team, what are you talking about me not having power?”

 

“Exactly, you are the coach for the greco-roman team, which I’m not a member of. You have no power, and I’d like you to remember I always record any calls I have with you, in case you forgot. The principal will be hearing this first thing monday.”

 

“Stop talking nonsense.”

 

“Mr Zhen.” Mr Park steps in, he had been sitting beside Jihyo the entire time. “What you are doing is harassing my boy, the very reason my wife told you months ago that all your calls with Jihyo would be recorded, this will be brought to the headmaster monday morning. I advise you to stop right now as I’m already pretty upset with your attitude towards my son, my wife is not as lenient.”

 

“Stop being ridiculous and get here right now!” The coach hasn’t given up yet.

 

“Mr Zhen, my son has quit your team, it has already been approved and you hold no grounds for your demands, I do not appreciate your tone and this call is over. I will be blocking your number. Have a nice competition.” Mr Parks ends the conversation and indeed blocks the number.

 

“Well, dad, now you know how he talks to anyone who is not one of ‘his boys’.”

 

“Then good thing you quit.” Mr Park hugs his son. “Dubs, make sure he gets lots of hugs and kisses tonight. All of you make sure of that.” He points to all the boys at the last part, before standing up and heading to the kitchen.

 

“You heard the man, let’s lineup so we can fulfill our mission.” Yeri quips and launches himself at Jihyo.

 

All the boys were feeling uneasy after witnessing how their nice little ball of love and fluff got treated by that piece of trash. Yeri was just a little tactless about these things and this was his way of not making things awkward, they all just laughed when Jihyo, a wrestler, got pinned and started begging to be helped out of the beagle’s clutches. Obviously, it was just Jihyo’s way of telling them he was fine and liked Yeri’s solution for the situation.

 

The others just lined up, making sure to let Mina be next, as he couldn’t stand too long with his ankle messed up. Surprisingly, Tzuyu was one of the messier ones, he was a sobbing mess when the call had ended, and ruined Jihyo’s shirt when his turn came, Dahyun was the calmest, perhaps because he had gone on a date with the boy and knew it was not as bad as it might look for the others. They ended up having a lot of fun that weekend, though the Parks’ bank account got a significant dent, mama and papa Park never minded anything if their son was happy