Seungwan and the Hyun brothers

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

“Joonie?”

 

“Yes, babe?”

 

“Are you angry whenever people start talking about me dating Jihyo?”

 

“I never felt I needed to be?”

 

“Can you elaborate on that? I’d really like to understand.”

 

“Sure thing, but first, I’m going to the bathroom and then get us some more snacks.”

 

“Good idea, do you need me to do anything?”

 

“Just lay there and keep being the snack you are. I’m really hungry.”

 

Joohyun winks and leaves his room. Those cheesy remarks were his favorite, Seungwan was good at being cheesy too, but the older boy was just the king. The couple had been cuddling, with eventual steamy make out sessions, the day away at the Baes, Joohyun said he was feeling lonely the day before, and Seungwan wasted no time in calling his father asking if it was alright that he wanted to sleep over at his boyfriend’s house. It was a friday and the man knew his son wouldn’t be back until saturday evening, so he just said ‘have fun’ and started trying to get his youngest out as well, it was the perfect opportunity for some alone time with his wife, and he wasn’t about to miss the chance.

 

Seungwan took the time his boyfriend was out getting them snacks, to slip out of his jeans and into one of Joohyun’s many sweatpants. Nobody knows what it is with the Hyun brothers and their sweatpants, at least this one was dark blue, not one of the colorful ones the duo was famous for. But they were ridiculously comfy, all of them, and Seungwan was not about to miss the chance to slip into one of them. The Hyun brothers were also known to be very protective of said pants collection, and dating one granted you absolutely no special rights to them. 

 

This was a risky bet, it would be worth it if things went right, but very risky regardless, Joohyun had already given his boyfriend a few pants of his own, but they weren’t as comfy, maybe due to the fact that Joohyun and Dahyun loved to iron every single piece of clothing they owned and had brother bonding time while going out to shop for the best fabric softeners, and conducting their own trials to determine the best ones. They did have different softeners for different fabrics and everything just sounded ridiculous to any outsider. When he was gifted his own pants, Seungwan was told he’d have to wash and iron them himself, Joohyun was very clear that he was his boyfriend, not his maid.

 

“You might want to get your own pants.” Joohyun said coldly as he entered the room. “Or you might just go and see if you get lucky with Jihyo.”

 

“We both know he is completely at Dubs’ mercy. And I’m completely at yours.” Seungwan counters, but gets up to change again anyways. 

 

“Well, those two aren’t really together together, anything could happen.”

 

“Me and Jihyo actually getting it on with each other isn’t one of those things.”

 

“All I know is that we talked about my pants and you still ignore what I’ve said. And now we are going to have to do something about you acting out again.”

 

“But they are just so much more comfy!”

 

“And yours could be too, if you got off your lazy and did some work for a change.”

 

“I’m not like you and Dubs. I do wash them myself and fold them too.”

 

“I was summoned?” Dahyun, who was passing by, decided to come in.

 

“Go back to the depths of hell you crawled out of!” Seungwan bites.

 

“Now, now, Wannie. Don’t be so mad. You did speak my name out loud.”

 

“You see, Dubs, Wannie here is complaining we don’t allow him our sweatpants, and that his are never as comfortable.” Joohyun snakes an arm across his brother’s shoulder.

 

“Well, Joonie, this is a bit of a pickle. I do remember that we have provided him with the exact same kind of pants we both own ourselves.”

 

“And everything needed to maintain said pants. Yet, ours seem to be worth the risk of trying to snatch them.” Joohyun completes.

 

“I hate when you both gang up on me about my unwillingness of going to the lengths you both go for your clothing.”

 

“If you want the reward, Wanwan, you have to do the work.” Dahyun only ever called his brother-in-law like that when mocking him.

 

“You know what, Joonie, you and I are having a laundry date tonight, give me some shorts or something and lets wash absolutely every clothing I have here! And then we are going to iron everything and I better be feeling like I’m wearing a cloud when we are done!” Seungwan succumbs to the taunting and storms to the closet to get all his clothes there.

 

“Thanks.” Joohyun whispers to his brother.

 

“No problem. Have fun.”

 

“You going out?”

 

“Yeah, I’m going to Jihyo’s, we have a science project to finish and the rest of our group hasn’t even shown any signs of life ever since we were assigned it.”

 

“I’m taking Jihyo has already convinced your teacher to allow just the two of you to hand in the work and be graded separately from the others.”

 

“You know how he is when he gets angry. And we are supposed to hand the completed work in on tuesday. He was fuming when none of the others showed up yesterday to put everything together and finish it.”

 

“Well, I’m sure you both are getting the top grade again, but those kids better start choosing their coffins.”

 

“I know. Now, I’m off and won’t be back until it’s finished. Don’t need Jihyo to break my arm again.”

 

“You are lucky all he broke was your arm, I’d have taken your leg too. Just remember to call mom tomorrow and update her.”

 

“I will.”

 

“Good luck.”

 

And then Dahyun leaves, with a tight hug to his brother and a chuckle at Seungwan, who was now taking the clothes on his body off to join the pile. Joohyun just closes the door behind his brother, their parents didn’t need to witness the glory of Son Seungwan, who was looking for a pair of shorts in the closet in said ness. This was all better then Joohyun could have planned. He has been trying to get his boyfriend to actually put some more than just the minimum work into things, and it was starting to get annoying. If they were speaking living together when they move to college, things would have to start changing. Even if Seungwan was trying to get into the same college, minimum work would never get him there, and Joohyun will not settle for less, he respected himself too much for that.

 

“Are you telling me why you don’t mind people saying I’m dating Jihyo?” Seungwan asked again when they finished starting the first load.

 

“Because, honey, Jihyo is not that kind of guy, he will never make a single advance on anyone not available. Also, you are not the kind of guy who cheats. If there was anything between you both, this relationship wouldn’t still be happening.”

 

“You are really not wrong about that.”

 

“I know, other people don’t, but that’s their problem, not mine. Also, we all know I’d go for Jihyo easily if he was interested.”

 

Joohyun just hugs his boyfriend and they stand there in silence for a while, watching the machine spin. Until Seungwan sneezes and is hurried back to Joohyun’s room for a shirt he had refused to wear before.