Telling his friends he quit

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

Friday comes with Jihyo waking up with puffy and red rimmed eyes, he talked it out with his parents and had felt loved and supported the previous evening, but he still cried it out later, mama Park asked if he wanted company, but Jihyo told her he wanted some time by himself. Today was going to be a hard day, he couldn’t really disguise his eyes, and he was certain Nayeon would throw hands when he saw it, don’t get him wrong, he loved his bunny, but the boy wasn’t the best at self control.

 

Jihyo figured he could wear his glasses instead of contacts, no point in caring about training anyway, so no need to worry about it, mrs Park asked if he really wanted to go to school, she could call and excuse him, but Jihyo argued that there was no point in skipping and Nayeon and Jeongyeon would just break into their house demanding to know why he wasn’t in class and who would they need to murder. There was no arguing the older boys would really do that, so mama Park just drove her son to school without further questions.

 

“Hyo, are you ready to go, love?”

 

“Almost ready mom, I can’t find my tie.”

 

“Can’t you go without it?”

 

“Technically, I can. But I really like to wear it.”

 

“Then go without it, you are going to be late if we don’t leave already.”

 

“Alright.” Jihyo grumbles and grabs his backpack. 

 

Mrs Park just laughs, she knew her son was kind of a er for rules and liked his uniform well aligned, and very much complete, Jihyo even insisted on ironing his uniform himself to make sure nothing was wrinkled or crooked. Now mama Park loved her son, but Jihyo looked very handsome when he wore his uniform, it wasn’t like his suits, but it had a different feel to it, and not wearing his tie was just adding to his handsomeness, Jihyo really did take after his father, which made the woman miss her husband a bit more.

 

“Call me if you need anything, and don’t hesitate to ask to go home if you don’t feel fine, alright?” Mrs Park reminds Jihyo as he gets out of the car.

 

“I will, thanks mom.”

 

Jihyo is a bit early, so he decides to go and see Dahyun before class begins, the pale boy was sleeping on his desk and Chaeyoung had been drawing on his face masterfully. Jihyo thinks this might be a common occurrence, and decides it’s better to not mention that Dahyun now has a unibrow, red dots on his cheeks, lipstick all over and making his lips look three times bigger, it was priceless. The visitor makes sure to capture the image and control himself before waking up the unsuspecting victim. Dahyun was making Jihyo’s day better in his sleep, maybe it was time to fight harder for this wonderful boy.

 

“Dubs.” Jihyo calls, shaking the other boy awake, Chaeyoung had already bolted. “Bae Dahyun, wake up, y.”

 

“You keep sweet talking like that and I might believe you.” Dahyun answers without opening his eyes.

 

“You should definitely believe me.” 

 

“What are you doing here this early?” The pale boy  gives up and straightens himself on his chair.

 

“I came to see you. Had a ty day yesterday and you always make me feel better.”

 

“You really are after my heart, no?!” That’s when he notices the red eyes. “And you’ve been crying.”

 

“I quit wrestling yesterday. I was so frustrated I cried last night.”

 

“Oh, and you are alright? We are going out tonight and I’m sleeping over at your house. Today calls for cuddling, those bad romantic movies you love and junk food.”

 

“They are not bad. And it’s not like your b-side horror films are that much better.”

 

“Oh, like you don’t laugh yourself to crying with me whenever we watch them.” Dahyun protests, he does have a point. “But are you alright now?”

 

“I’m fine, I ranted to mom and dad yesterday and cried my frustrations out, so I’m really fine today.”

 

“That’s good. And you should just wear your glasses now, it’s very appealing.”

 

“Are you propositioning me Bae?”

 

“I’m trying to. But I’m also just speaking truths, and that no tie two buttons loose thing you are doing? Well, keep doing it.”

 

“I’ll keep that in mind. But now I should head out, still have to tell Nayeonnie and Jeongie.”

 

“Good luck with that. And don’t forget, we already have a date settled.”

 

“I’d never forget. Talk to you at lunch.”

 

“Not if I’m busy killing Chaeyoung.”

 

“If you need help disposing of the body, just text me.”

 

“Will do.”

 

It was far from surprising that Dahyun knew what his best friend did, they had this weird dynamic where one would pretend to fall for the other’s pranks just to make them happy. They were the cutest, and Jihyo’s heart warmed a little more at the thought, he thought of Seungwan and decided to walk a little faster so he could tell the trouble duo already and get to his best friend already.

 

“JEONG, WAKE UP! HYO IS LOOKING CUTE AGAIN!” Nayeon kicks his friend awake as soon as the younger’s head pops up by the door.

 

“C’mon, Yeonnie, you don’t have to sh-” Jeongyeon stops mid sentence and pulls his phone out.

 

Jihyo sighs and humors the two, posing for pictures and even acting cute when Nayeon asks him to, despite wanting to kill himself right after. This time his hair was just combed, and it fell on his face with the poses, making him look exceptionally cuter. Jeongyeon was very happy with the photos he took, but noticed the red, puffy eyes, making Nayeon stop and pay attention to their baby, they weren’t usually serious, to see Jeongyeon not joking made the eldest helt immediately.

 

“What happened.” Jeongyeon prompts.

 

“I got really frustrated yesterday and quit the greco-roman team.” Jihyo explains, getting hugged immediately. “I’m alright, though, talked it out with mom and dad yesterday.”

 

“You have been crying, though.” Nayeon points out.

 

“I just wanted to let my frustration out, I’m fine now. It’s just, I was so mad yesterday.”

 

“Alright, but we are having a cuddling night!” Jeongyeon decides.

 

“Dahyun beat you both to it.” Jihyo chuckles.

 

“Don’t care, we are coming over too.” The tallest boy declares.

 

“Fine, but I’m going out on a date with Dubs after class.”

 

“No worries, your mom will let us in and we’ll wait for you two.” Nayeon chirps. “And Mina and Tzu are coming too. I’m guessing you are telling Wannie, so tell him about the sleepover as well. And Joonie, but that’s obvious.”

 

“Fine.” Jihyo concedes, untangling himself from his clingy friends. “But you two are telling Dubs that you are crashing our sleepover.”

 

Jihyo leaves before the other two can protest, they all know how scary mad Dahyun is, and the boy would be very mad knowing their alone time was turned into a group hangout, but they were going out on a date after school and that should appease him a little. During his musings, Jihyo arrives at his classroom, seeing Seungwan and Joohyun already there. What he doesn’t really understand is how do people think he is the one dating the critter when Seungwan and Joohyun have honey dripping from their eyes whenever they look at each other.

 

“You two are disgusting.” Is how Jihyo greets the couple.

 

“Hey, Hyo.” Joohyun greets back.

 

“What happened? Why did you cry?” Seungwan asks right away.

 

“That was what I would get at after the greetings.”

 

“Yeah yeah, speak up.” The smallest boy gets impatient.

 

“I quit the team yesterday and had to cry my frustration out. I’m alright, though, mom and dad talked me through it.”

 

“Fine. But why don’t I believe you completely?” Seungwan prods.

 

“Because you love him and will never not worry.” Joohyun decides to step in. 

 

“Nayeon decided we are all having a sleepover tonight, probably the entire weekend.” Jihyo tells them. “But I’m going on a date with Dubs after school before that.”

 

“Uuuhhhh.” The damn critter taunts.

 

“Yeah, mom will be home, though. So come whenever you want, just don’t go through my stuff again.”

 

“Can’t make any promises.” Joohyun says and smiles evilly. 

 

Their teacher arrives then and the subject is dropped until further notice. The students who saw Jihyo wearing his glasses and with his hair slightly messy had started rumors that were very true and the entire school had heard how he had stepped up the handsome game that day, needless to say, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were saved from Dahyun’s wreath by the sudden wave of confessions some brave students decided to direct to Jihyo.