What have Jeong and Tzu been up to?

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

 

Opposed to most of their friends, Jeongyeon and Tzuyu were staying in Seoul during their vacation, sure they would go on a camping trip for a few days, but it was just outside the city, still Seoul. In their case, Tzuyu was taking an voluntary internship for extra credit in his college entrance evaluation, and Jeongyeon was just all around very supportive. They had talked a lot about everything and agreed to stay and busy themselves with their education,and get some work experience while at it.

 

Tzuyu had been pursuing a scholarship and was given some activities that would improve his chances, one of them was this internship he got approved, it helped he got permission to do it at the shelter he usually volunteered at, and this consistent volunteer work was also another thing that would raise his position on among the candidates. Since he was a student, he could only do part time, so the coupe had agreed to take summer classes in the mornings and work afternoons, that way they could spend more time together and have lunch with each other every day.

 

Jeongyeon, with free afternoons, decided to take a summer job and make some extra money, maybe they could go on a trip just the two of them. Plus, Tzuyu had been offered to take the tests to skip a grade and passed, the couple would be graduating together, and this money could help with a romantic graduation trip before they were consumed with college. Surprisingly, Chaeyoung had been offered to take the same test, and had also been approved, Dahyun helped a lot, having been the first among the three to have skipped grades and shared his experience, saying it was a bit harder, but he was happy to be together with their older friends.

 

Yerim had been sad at the news, but he was failing as it was, there was really nothing his friends could do besides help him study harder. Now, Jeongyeon knew of his boyfriend’s love for bread, the boy would live off of the baked goods if nobody was paying attention, and the fact that all employees were allowed to bring home whatever wasn’t sold by the end of the day was pure ecstasy for the taiwanese boy. Jeongyeon would always walk Tzuyu to the shelter, ashis shift at the bakery started later, and then the younger boy would wait for him at the bakery so they could walk home together. The baked goods were a welcomed bonus.

 

They kept this leisure pace throughout their whole vacation period, talking about nothing special during their walks and spending a few nights and the whole weekends at each others’ houses. Then the tiny couple breakup happened, and they didn’t really know how to act about it, Jihyo and Dahyun were both their friends, the same tight friendship Jeongyeon had with Jihyo, Tzuyu had with Dahyun (sure, it wasn’t as long, but equally intense). Dahyun was out of the country, and although the tall couple knew Jihyo was the one in the wrong here, all they could really do was show up with a tub of ice cream and hear him rant about whatever was on his mind.

 

“Tzu.” Jeongyeon calls once they settle down to sleep.

 

“Hmm?” Tzuyu answers absentmindedly, not looking away from his phone.

 

“Are we okay?” There is a tinge of fear in the older boy's voice.

 

“Is this because of Jihyo and Dahyun?” The younger one puts his phone away.

 

“Yeah, I mean, Jihyo has been messing up for too long now, and we all tried to get him to fix things but he didn’t. And I want to make sure we are okay.”

 

“Jeong.” Tzuyu his side to face his boyfriend. “There is nothing wrong with us. Despite the fact that you still insist on your awful jokes, I love you with all my heart.”

 

“My jokes are the best!”

 

“Says who? Because I know for a fact that not even your parents lie to you about them.”

 

“Chaengie likes them.” Jeongyeon huffs adorably.

 

“Chaengie doesn’t know what’s good in life.” Tzuyu chuckles and tightens his hold. “Look, how about we go on a date tomorrow, we don’t have work and it’s been a while since we’ve spent time alone.”

 

“We are spending time alone now?”

 

“Yeah? And if I make you start squirming, Seungyeonnie won’t barge through the door demanding answers only to launch herself into another talk after?”

 

“Point taken. Where are we going, though?”

 

“That is for me to know and for you to find out. Now, kiss me like you mean it and try to not be too loud.”

 

Jeongyeon grumbles something about always meaning it but does as he’s told anyways. The young couple knows not to be too carried away, least they want a late night/early morning lesson on safe (they didn’t get there yet, but Seungyeon ignores this part). Morning comes and both boys head out for their classes, Tzuyu only had advanced biology, and Jeongyeon history (the boy was a chemistry genius, but he would get all the help he could with other subjects), the younger boy’s class starting about half an hour later. The time gap meant Jeongyeon could run out and get the picnic basket he had prepared and bribed Sujin to deliver it to him after class, he raised the argument that Seungyeon would, not only, ruin the surprise but also slip some toys she deemed necessary into the basket, the middle sister couldn’t argue with that.

 

Middle Yoo was feeling generous, nothing to do with the chocolate cake she was promised for this, and said she would take the boys to their destination. Jeongyeon told her where they were going so the woman could set her gps while he went to get Tzuyu at his classroom. The good part of summer classes was they didn’t have to wear their uniform, so Jeongyeon made an extra effort to look nice and Tzuyu was just stunning regardless. Tzuyu would argue that Jeongyeon was the stunning one, but then the slightly shorter boy would give him the puppy eyes and for the younger one to agree to whatever he wanted.

 

“You ready?” Jeongyeon beamed as soon as he saw his boyfriend.

 

“You make it sound like you haven’t seen me in forever.” Tzuyu chuckled.

 

“That’s because each minute away from you feels like eternity in my heart.”

 

“Would you stop spending so much time with Dahyun and Chaeyoung?”

 

“You love when I get romantic and everyone knows it!”

 

“Says who?” The younger boy gets sassy.

 

“Says everyone, now you two stop making us singles jealous and get out of here.” Sooyoung had appeared behind Tzuyu, looking at the younger boy with amusement.

 

“Tzu, you can’t pretend to save your life, and that blush tells me you are loving it.” Jeongyeon adds. “But let’s go before Soongie kicks our butts and Sujinnie leaves us behind.”

 

“You two are too adorable, I can’t bring myself to be mad when you are together.” Sooyoung confesses. “Now go and be cute somewhere else!”

 

Both boys salute, which brings a chuckle to the footballer, who shakes his head and waves them away. Sujin had told her brother they could both seat on the back, it was their date after all, so Jeongyeon opens the door for Tzuyu and jogs around the car after, middle Yoo drives off as the boys are still putting on their seatbelts. The ride was fun, as it always had been with Sujin, they made jokes and sang along to whatever playlist the woman had clicked on, and before anyone noticed, the car was pulling into a parking spot in front of a park. It was the couple’s park, the place where Tzuyu so shyly handed Jeongyeon a love letter and the older boy just hugged him tightly.

 

“Call me when you want to go back, I’ll come pick you up.” Sujin said, waving the boys off and leaving.

 

“Shall we?” Jeongyeon offered his arm.

 

“Take me away.” Tzuyu chuckled and took the arm.

 

They headed to a small gazebo, one they happened upon during a walk, it’s a little away from the main paths and not many people go there, simply because it was far. Both boys decided it was their place now, after spending an afternoon there and the only other presence had been a dog sitter who was letting the pups run free for a while and Tzuyu had just been so happy his eyes disappeared with his smile, his dimple had never been so deep as well. Jeongyeon was just happy to see his boyfriend relax, they were waiting for the approval for Tzuyu’s internship back then and the shelter was having trouble getting approval from the universities to get everything officialized.

 

Today they were alone, some children were laughing and running close enough for the boys to hear them, but they couldn’t really see anybody once they got to their place. Jeongyeon spread the towel, despite the fact that they weren’t on the grass, and placed the basket down before taking a seat and pulling Tzuyu to his lap. They just sat there, feeling the heat and the breeze and enjoying each other, only moving after the younger boy’s stomach decided to remind them they still hadn’t had lunch. With chuckle, both move to take the food out and dish it out, all Tzuyu’s favorites, Jeongyeon was honestly the sweetest. 

 

They eat and talk between giggles and shy kisses, it was a nice afternoon. Jeongyeon had sent Sujin a text, saying they would be spending the afternoon there and she could go around her business with ease, she said ok and that she would be around the area regardless. The boys decide to walk around a little to help digest lunch, then head back to their place and settle under the cherry tree, right beside the gazebo, where the shade was still present. They spend the rest of the afternoon leaning against the tree, talking about everything and just enjoying each other. Jeongyeon did have one more trick up his sleeve, however.

 

“Tzu?”

 

“Hmm?” The younger boy is a little sleepy.

 

“I love you very much, and I want you to always remember how important and precious you are to me.” Jeongyeon confesses, tightening his arms around his boyfriend.

 

“I love you too, Jeong. You make me so happy every day.” 

 

There is a soft smile on the boys’ lips and a loving glint in their eyes.

 

“I know we are young and just highschool students, but I can’t see my life without you.” Jeongyeon takes a small box from his pocket. “And it’s still so early for us, but I wanted something that you could look at and remember I’m yours forever.”

 

“Are you proposing?” Tzuyu chuckles fondly.

 

“Yes and no. Like I said, we are just kids, but I don’t see myself without you, so I bought us promise rings.”

 

“You are the cutest being on this planet!” The younger one turns, still on his boyfriend’s arms, and kisses him fondly. “I love it, of course I’ll wear them with you!”

 

Jeongyeon, by now completely flushed, takes the rings and puts one on Tzuyu’s right ring finger, the taller boy smiling brightly and doing the same. Then they share loving kisses and giggles until Sujin calls and tells them she’s heading home, asking if they want a ride. They do. Nobody at the Yoos really notices the rings, if they do, they don’t comment, which the boys are thankful for. After dinner, the family has their daily talk, and everyone heads off to do their own thing before sleep.

 

Tzuyu and Jeongyeon take turns showering and get to bed early, cuddling each other until morning.