The mystery girl with Minatozaki Sana

The Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

 

It was an unusual monday morning, classes had been called off because there had been some explosion on the powerlines behind the school during the night and the teachers had been called in for an emergency meeting, as the school had no electricity at all and most classes wouldn’t be able to take place, the students were told to remain on school grounds but were free to do as they wished until the faculty could come up with a plan. Mrs Park’s talk with the headmaster would have to wait a little longer, it seemed.

 

The announcement happened about half an hour before, and Sana was still not at school, he would always get there at the last possible time, no exceptions. When asked, the boy would argue that he was never really late, so why waste precious time with his family. This morning we have Jihyo, Mina, Jeongyeon and Seungwan hanging by the gate, they were trying to not get tangled in the quite violent game of tag their friends had started. It began with Tzuyu running after Yeri, nobody knows what that was about yet, who jumped behind Dahyun, who got pissed because it interrupted his talk with Nayeon and Jihyo and then everyone was running around trying to beat someone else up.

 

Our lovely japanese hippie came up the street with a girl beside him, it was a very pretty girl too, and they were clearly walking together, the first one to notice was Nayeon, who observed a little before speaking up.

 

“Isn’t that Sana?” The tall bunny asked.

 

“Oh my, I believe it is.” Mina played along. “Don’t tell Chaeng.”

 

“Don’t tell chaeng what?” Chaeyoung, who had been lingering around, heard his name and got interested.

 

“Isn’t that your man coming up with a pretty girl beside him?” Seungwan taunts.

 

“I don’t have a man, but wha-” Chaeyoung stops when he gets to the gate and sees Sana.

 

“Isn’t he walking with that girl? Are they together? They look close.” The older Son keeps on.

 

“Now that you mention it, they do look close.” Mina joins.

 

“But they aren’t that close, she is walking a little behind him.” Jihyo decides to chime in.

 

“They do look good together, though.” Jeongyeon gives his thoughts too. “They might have just met, look how shy they are with each other.”

 

Chaeyoung was just standing there and watching Sana and the mystery woman walk up the street. He was listening, but he was too worried about what they were seeing to actually say anything.

 

“Maybe they met recently? They are both shy around each other, look.” Seungwan reasons.

 

“That could be it. Let’s see when they get here.” Nayeon suggests.

 

Seeing their friends interested in something down the street and out of their field of vision, the boys who were still running around and hitting each other stopped their activities and went over to investigate. When they saw Sana and a very pretty woman walking towards the school, they decided to offer their 

 

“Isn’t that Sacchan? He’s got himself a pretty lady.” Dahyun says as he drops himself over his stunned friend.

 

“Get off me, you are sweaty.” Chaeyoung complains, moving his friend out of him.

 

“What?” Yeri comes right behind. “Sacchan got a girl? Oh, a pretty one too.”

 

“Yall are kidding, right? Sana got a girl?” Tzuyu sounds dubious. “Oh, he did. Interesting.”

 

“Ddeulgi, get over here!” Yeri calls. “Sacchan got a girl with him.”

 

Seulgi does stop his talk with Sooyoung and walks over, the football captain following to see what the fuss was about. They both don’t really say anything, just try to not break out laughing at the whole ordeal. Chaeyoung was still looking at the scene, unbelieving, Yeri and Dahyun coming up with the most romantic scenarios as to how the two could have gotten together, Jihyo and Jeongyeon had taken pity on the boy and stopped but Seungwan was not about to have mercy on his younger brother, the other boys had gotten distracted and were talking amongst themselves, still listening to what the three were talking about and feeling bad for Chaeyoung.

 

When the two figures do approach, Chaeyoung’s heart is hammering in his chest, Dahyun, Yeri and Seungwan are snickering like lunatics and the others are just plain sympathetic to the small cub. Sana, however, looks chirpy and very excited to be here.

 

“Good morning, guys!” The japanese hippie greets. “So, just keep heading down the street and the station will come up at your left right when the school is over.”

 

“Thank you very much. Have a nice day.” The lady says and goes on her way.

 

“SHE WAS JUST ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!” Dahyun and Yeri scream together.

 

“Huh? Yeah, she looked lost a couple blocks back and I decided to help her out.” Sana looks clueless as to why this was something to be surprised about.

 

“Don’t mind them too much, Sacchan.” Sooyoung comes to the rescue.

 

“Hey, Soongie!” The japanese is happy that someone is willing to fill him in. “Why is everybody out here?”

 

“The vice-principal said there was an explosion on the electric line behind the school last night and there is no power in the area.” The captain explains. “They asked us to stay here and wait a while so they teachers can come up with a solution.”

 

“Oh, classes are probably getting canceled.” Sana speculated. “If it was really an explosion, they’d have to check the school’s electrical system before allowing students in, any overload could cause an explosion and any short-circuits could damage equipment.”

 

Some of the boys looked on in wonder, it was easy to forget that Sana was a genius and the son of geniuses, he probably understood more about circuits, how they worked and what could happen if tempered with. 

 

“What?” 

 

“You know, we tend to forget you are actually an electronics genius.” Joohyun laughed and hugged the confused boy.

 

“Just like we all keep forgetting those three are chemistry geniuses and could probably poison us all without leaving a trace.” Sooyoung hugs Sana on the other side and points to the problem trio, who were already bickering.

 

Sana just agrees and laughs. They all fall into different conversation groups, Chaeyoung was just so relieved that he didn’t even hear the teasing coming from his best friends and his brother.