I Never Said

Come through

Part 2 of todays update :) 

Lee Household
"Halmoni, I heard the nurses at work today say that Andy is in cahoots with another man. A man halmoni, aigoo. What a disgrace." Andys cousin Vincent said at the dinner table, "Did you know about this?" she turned her head to ask Andys father, panic in his breath, "No, mother, I have not been made aware of the situation.", he muttered. "Aigoo, he was doing so well, I thought he had learnt his lesson last time. Who would have that he would... and to think we were going to make him chief of Cardio in our hospital omo. He can just stay an attending for the rest of his career." Vincent added. Andys stepmother was furious she slammed her chopsticks down and stepped away from the dinner table. "Honey, where are you going, honey!", Andys father shouted. His grandmother shook her head and sighed, "What's the name of the man he's been seeing?" she asked, "Park Choongjae an attending of Pediatrics at the branch hospital", Vincent informed. 

It had been a tough surgery for Andy, the hemorrhaging was worse them he thought when he opened the patient upon the table, he managed to repair the muscular wall without damaging any major vessels which are rare for this type of open-chest surgery. Andy went into the lounge to change out of his scrubs and on his way he grabbed his phone from the nurses' station. 
[Thank you for the kimchis] [<3] [sorry typo]
Andy looked at the keyboard on his phone, there was no way that you could accidentally type a heart emoticon, he sent his reply. 
[You're welcome, we should have dinner at your place sometime, I'll make braised chicken... <3] 
Andy smiled at the instant reply from Junjin, 
[I would like that, tomorrow night! I will buy groceries!]
Andy quickly responded before heading back into the ER
[Okay, buy a bottle of soy. You are all out at home] 
Andy had just finished sending his message when a call came in, "What do you want, Vincent?" Andy clenched his teeth, "What little cousin? I can't call you to ask how you've been? Well, nevermind. Grandma wants you home tonight." he informed Andy, "Vincent it's almost 10 pm, by the time I get there it'll be almost midnight, tell Grandma to sleep, I'll make my way to see her in the morning" Andy replied while rubbing his temple, "No, she says she will wait for you, see you later Andy!" Vincent hung up the phone. Andy was now worrying about what it could be this time, he had not made a single mistake since last month. 

Junjin received Andys reply and smiled like a kid in a candy store, he was seeing what ingredients he already had for braised chicken when someone rang his doorbell. He opened the door to a young man in a suit, "Good evening, I am looking for Park Choongjae", the man spoke. It sent a chill down his spine, those who knew him always referred him as Junjin. "I am him, how may I help you", Junjin replied. "On behalf of Chairman Lee I would like to you to the villa as she would like to have a few words with you", it took Junjin a moment to process, Chairman Lee? That must be Andys Grandmother, "Why is Andy okay? Did something happen?", Junjin panicked. "Young master lee will make his way down shortly, please follow me." 
The driver took Junjin to this huge villa east of Seoul, it seemed like those straight out of a Korean drama. Junjin was greeted by a housekeeper which lead him into the living room, four pairs of eyes were staring at him. "You must be Dr. Park, please have a seat." Chairman lee spoke, "This is Andys father former chief of cardio at the main hospital, his wife chief of OB/GYN and Andys cousin an attending for Cardio", Andys grandmother introduced, "Chairman lee, what brings the honour?", Junjin asked "Honor?!", Andys stepmother scoffed, "You filthy commoner, what do you want from Andy? Money? Power?" She continued, Junjins eyes widened with shock. He shook his hands, "No please don't misunderstand, we are just colleagues, he's my friend. I-", Junjin felt a hot slap to the face, he made eye contact with Andys Grandmother. "How dare you lie to me, Vincent told me everything. He has a nurse friend that works at your branch, she told him everything. How touchy you are to Andy, how you look at him, flirt with him. Have you no shame for a man?" He slammed her fist on the armrest. "From this day foreword you will leave him alone, you are not to speak to him unless it is work-related. I will transfer you out of the hospital as soon as I can fill the opening," she grunted. Junjin fell to his knees, "Please chairman lee, I'm begging you please don't do this. Andy just got a glimpse of what happiness is like, please don't do this to him" Junjin cried as he placed his hand on her knee, he then felt a kick to the chest, "Get your filthy hands off my mother!" Andys father shouted, "You insolent little bastard!" he was about to throw a punch down at Junjin when Andy came running into the living room, "Father Don't!" Andy shouted, his father paused for a second, but proceeded to punch him anyways. Junjins' nose was now bleeding. Andy ran to Junjin's side and knelt on both knees, "Grandmother please, whatever it is, it has nothing to do with him." Andy pleaded. "Aww, look at you defending your little loverboy, ain't that cute" Vincent commented on the side, "What do you mean? He's not my- I mean he is just a colleague" Andy shouted without realizing it. Andy felt a slap to the face, he remained unmoving, he had gotten used to the slaps, this was nothing. "Halmoni, check his phone, I'm sure you will find evidence in their phones" Vincent suggested. His Grandmother pried his cellphone away from Andy and went into his chat history, she saw it all and what blew up the bomb was the last [<3] Andys grandmother took her cane and swung it to use head, blood was now running down the side of his face, she was about to swing another time when Junjin grabbed the cane with his hand and pleaded, "Please chairman lee, that's enough", "Mr. Cha! Take these two into the garage and teach them a lesson, leave Andy alive and breathing, he still has surgeries to perform, as for this rascal here, leave him begging for death. Vincent calls all the hospitals informing them not to take in Dr. Park as a patient and not to call the police, chairman orders." Andys Grandmother watched as two security guards dragged them away. 

"Young master lee, I'm sorry", the man said before taking a bat on Andys stomach, he coughed trying to find Junjin on the other side of the room, he could hear him yelling in pain, "Please Mr. Cha, please, let Dr. Park go, please", Andy said as he felt another hit to his back, the man simply shook his head, Andy grabbed him by the ankles. "Please, Mr. Cha, please leave him alone, please!" Andy cried, his tears mixing with the blood on his face. Mr. Cha looked up to the security camera in the corner of the garage. Andys grandmother was watching, "I'm sorry young master lee, Andy felt a kick to his stomach and one last punch to his face before everything went black. 
Junjin did not say anything as he was getting beaten up, he only thought to himself. Is this what they've been doing to Andy all these years? How did Andy survive all these beatings? Andys family are vicious snakes and Andy is like an innocent rabbit. "Say something for god's sake", the man hitting him was annoyed that Junjin had stopped fighting back. "If you kill me, can you kill Andy too please?" Junjin pleaded, he thought that if they both die, they could reincarnate and start all over. In the next life, Junjin would find Andy sooner, they would become friends, they didn't even have to be lovers, and Junjin would protect Andy with his life. 

Kyesang came into the ER to rotate shifts with Andy who left a little while ago, he rolled his sleeves up and went over the charts from the night prior, "Wow, Taehak had a busy night", he thought to himself. The phone then rang so he proceeded to pick up he listened to what they had to say and his face went pale, Hyesung saw and went over to the man who was still holding the phone in midair, "What it is?" Hyesung asked. "The director just called, he said that under no circumstances are we to admit and/or care for them if they enter our hospital", Kyesang repeated as he held onto the ledge of the desk. "Who?" Hyesung grabbed his arm, "Park Choongjae", Hyesung let go of his arm, he frantically took out his phone to call Junjin, it was sent to voicemail. He tried calling Andy it was too sent to voicemail. Kyesang made orders to the nurses, "Clear the hybrid room and prepare a trauma kit", Kyesang was preparing for the worst, he took his cellphone out and sent a message to the group chat, 
[I think something happened to Junjin, come to the ER stat] 
shortly after Eric came with Dongwan and Minwoo took his motorcycle there as it was the fastest mode of transportation. They had a meeting in the lounge. "What if it's a different Park Choongjae, it's a common name", Minwoo broke the tension, "He's not picking up my calls, he always picks up my calls or he'll send a text", Hyesung was shaking. I blocked off the Hybrid room, no one is to enter, but us", Kyesang informed them. "How about Andy, we need someone from Cardio in case-" Eric was in the middle of speaking when Hyesung cut him off, "He's not picking up either", Hyesung said as he rubbed his face. They stepped outside of the ER to the entrance waiting for what they hope wouldn't happen, and about 20 minutes later a taxi pulled up, Junjin opened the door and attempted to step out, he took a few steps before collapsing onto his knees Hyesung and Eric were the first to run to him, "Hyung, Andy", Junjin was breathing staggard when he pointed to the backseat of the taxi, "Dongwan ran to the vehicle and when he pulled open the door of the backseat Andy was laying there unconscious. "Kyesang! Come help me!" Dongwan shouted as he carefully took Andy out of the taxi. Hyesung pulled Junjin onto Erics back as he piggybacked Junjin into the ER, Kyesang ran in carrying Andy. 
"Get them hooked up on a central line, and push one of Sodium Bicarbonate, prepare 4 units of blood, afterwards I need a chest portable, CT and a B.G test for them both" Donwan instructed the nurse. "Andys Vfib! I need a crash cart now!" Minwoo shouted as he began chest compressions, Kyesang was prepping the defibulater, "All clear!" he then shouted and Minwoo got off, he placed the two shockers onto Andys chest, his porcelain white skin now stained with blood, "Clear!" he shouted as a shock was sent from the machine, no pulse. "Again, Clear!" Another shock was sent and his pulse returned. "80/40 130" Minwoo read the monitor. "Junjin has a cardiac tamponade, I also suspect a hematoma for the both of them," Hyesung said as he injected medication into the IV bag. "We don't have a Cardio surgeon at the moment Minwoo said as he intubated Andy and squeezed the airbag. "I can do it, Dongwan said as he gave Andy an ultrasound of his chest. "I can do, I've done it before during residency, also it looks like Andy has a ruptured liver which is causing blood to pool in the lower-left extremities, Kyesang can you handle it?", Kyesang nodded, "I think Eric will have to step in first, Andys pupils are dilated and barely respond to light", "Okay, Eric Hyesung and Kyesang OR 1, Minwoo with me in OR 2 Eric when you finish with Andy, come help with Junjin" Dongwan instructed. 
Junjin was falling in and out of consciousness, he saw Andy lying lifeless beside him and he realized he never told Andy what he always wanted to say, "I love you."