Twenty

Come through

Directly continuing from Chapter 19

Dongwan sped his car towards the hospital avoiding every single traffic law that there were to follow. "Jinnie ah, stay awake, come on, open your eyes, we're almost there", Eric uttered. The cream coloured handkerchief in between his hand and Junjins temple was now bright crimson. Junjin grabbed Eric's hand and blinked a few times, "Hyung, we need to find Andy, I think it's Vincent", he squeezed his hand harder. Eric looked into the rearview mirror and looked into Dongwans' eyes.

Dongwan ran into the ER with Junjin on his back and Eric following from behind before Hyesung and Kyesang had time to react, Dongwan placed Jinnie onto a bed a grabbed a suture kit, Hyesung was starting a central line, "What the hell happanned to him?" Hyesung snapped. Kyesang remained silent, he had already guessed what happened. Kyesang paged the radiology team and had them prep for a head CT. Dongwan looked over to the monitor and checked over his vitals, "80/40, get me a unit of B+ PRBC, give him a dose of etomidate and rocuronium, each 1mg through the central line, keep him monitored for the next few hours, I have to go." Dongwan sighed. Hyesung was starting to prepare a suture kit when he turned around and grabbed Dongwan by the arms, "Where the hell do you think you're going? You're not going anywhere until you've given us an explanation." Eric pulled Hyesung back, "Someone took Andy, we have to go find him." Hyesung dropped his hands to his sides and scoffed, "Who? And no ing way are you two going by yourselves" 

"It's Vincent", Kyesang suddenly said amid the argument. He took the suture kit from Hyesung and walked over to Junjin. "I'm almost a hundred percent certain that it was Vincents doing. If my deduction skills are half of what my medical skills are then it tells me that Vincent had been watching our every move, he planned all this for revenge." 

"Then what are we doing? We have to call the police", Hyesung argued. 

"It's only been a little over an hour, we cannot file a police report until after 24 hours, and by that time who knows what would happen." Eric tried to reason with him. 

"Hyungs, stop arguing." Junjin was coming to, but he couldn't move as Kyesang was finishing up the last suture. "It wasn't Vincent who took Andy, it was someone that was doing his bidding before I out I heard him make a call to his boss asking where to take him, he's in the cargo basement of the main hospital." Junjin groaned as Kyesang slapped on a bandage gauze to cover the wound. He suddenly sat up from his resting position.

"Woah, Woah Woah, where the hell do you think you're going? We need to take you in for a head CT, Lay down." Dongwan demanded. 

"Hyung, please I'm fine. I'm coming with you. I need to see Andy with my own two eyes." Junjin groaned as he sat at the edge of the bed. 

Minwoo came running down from his office when he heard a page to radiology for Junjin. He joined the group with a frazzled look on his face, Dongwan had pulled him aside and explained the situation to him. 

After Junjin had finished his IV bag, they all headed to Dongwans office leaving Taehak in charge of the ER. 

"Game plan, I'm guessing if he has people working for him then he won't be alone when we arrive. Eric, Minwoo and Kyesang you two will distract those who are guarding the back entrance, Hyesung and Junjin with me. He has the fight to pick with me as well since I was the one who got his license revoked. I went down to the security office and grabbed a few batons, Minwoo, Hyesung and Junjin take one. The rest of you, well, I guess you have your wits and fists." Dongwan explained. 

"Once we infiltrate the building and are sure that Andy and his kidnappers are there we have to inform the authorities, I'll do it." Minwoo Volunteered.

Seoul National University Hospital Basement.

Thump-thump Thump-thump Thump-thump

 Andys head was throbbing as he heard his heart beating quickly in his ears before he opened his eyes he was surprised by the familiar scent of ethanol alcohol. He looks up and saw Vincent staring back at him. Andy was zip-tied to some water pipes, he had an IV attached to is inner-arm.

"What the hell do you want from me?!" Andy shouted from the top of his lungs and struggled as he tried to free himself from the ties. 

"Long time no see baby cous'! What? Aren't you happy to see me? We're family!" he cheered and stood up from his seat. 

"You will never be as good as Andy. You are only here as a motivator, Andy is the future inheritor of it all." Vincent scoffed as he watched Andy fidget. "That's what I grew up hearing from my parents. Do you think you have it bad cause you lost your mother and was forced into this mess? How about me?! I rather my parents was dead! I rather I grew up in an orphanage, then have to be apart of this mess!" He shouted with anger. "But then somewhere in between, I wanted to beat you for real, not any of Halmonis little games. I wanted to crush you in every single way possible, I was so close to achieving it all and then you went along and got yourself a gang of nosy bastards." Vincent snarled. 

"So? What's the meaning of all this? Can't you see? There is no more fight. You can not compete against me anymore, your privileges have been revoked." Andy muttered as he stopped fighting the ties. 

"Privileges!? What privileges?! The day I got my medical license was the day I lost the freedom to control my life", he scorned. "Now, Halmoni disowned me, I can do whatever I want. I can even kill you and your little friends." He laughed as he pointed to Andy's IV bag. "Mercury, in about an hour I will no longer have to have you around to be a pain in my . It also gives us just enough for your friends to come and you can watch me kill them right before you die! Isn't that just wonderful?" he chuckled. 

Andy was trying to free himself again, but nothing was helping other than the ties digging into his skin, he prayed that they didn't come looking for him. 

Dongwan and Hyesungs car pulled up to the hospital and the six of them entered the hospital when they got to the lobby many of the interns and residents were eyeing them and gave them small bows. They were all once residents of this very hospital, it was almost nostalgic to be back. 

"Sunbae! What brings all of you here? Did something happen? Vip patient?" a young attending was asking Eric, "Loona, is the basement a restricted area?" Eric ignored her questions. She looked confused, "I think so? It's used for storage so Cheifs and Attendings can enter" 

"Great! Sunbae needs to borrow your badge." Eric clapped his hands together, then held one out. Eric was popular with the female hoobaes so she didn't hesitate to lend it to him. Hyesung eyed her up and down. 

"Thank you, Loona. I will give this back to you in a bit!" and they all ran off to the elevator. 

Minwoo peeked over to the back entrance of the storage area and saw three, no four mystery men guarding the door, he gave the signal to Dongwan to prepare to bolt to the door. "Hey! Are you guys authorized to be down here?" Minwoo shouted at them and they ran over immediately and attacked, Eric and Kyesang joined Minwoo to attack them. Eric and Kyesng both had a boxing background from the Uni days so fighting a few thugs were no problem for them, but Minwoo had surprised them all, his swift yet powerful kicks and punches could be mistaken for a professional athlete. Dongwan saw the gap and ran towards the door with Hyesung and Junjin following from behind. 

Dongwan opened the door and saw Andy trapped in the corner of the room Vincent was now standing in between them with a machete in hand. Junjin was about to run over to Andy when Dongwan placed a hand on his chest. "Let go of Andy, we can talk this out" Dongwan tried to reason. 

"I'm glad you made it Director Kim. How are you enjoying your new title after all that you took from me?" Vincent gritted his teeth as wiped the blade onto the side of his pants. 

"I'm not here to fight you, just give us Andy and we'll be on our merry way out of here." 

"Really? That's not what he's saying with his face. Dr. Park and Dr. Jung look like they want to kill me."

"You're a dead man walking" Hyesung taunted. 

Vincent laughed, "Now, it's not fun to watch you die so peacefully, so when those three hooligans are done kicking and punching outside I'm gonna have a little dance with Dr. Lee of Ortho and you will allow it if you don't want to watch your pitiful maknae die." 

Dongwan turned around and tried to signal for Minwoo to retreat. But of course, he had not listened. He watched as the trio from outside ran into the room. 

"Great the entire team is here! Now let's cut all the bull." Vincent had attacked them with his blade. Junjins instincts were fast enough to pull out his baton and whack it away from his hand, then other henchmen came running in and attacking them. Vincent seized this opportunity to pick up his weapon and swung it towards Junjin, Hyesung saw from the corner of his eyes and used his arm to shield his best friend, his arm was slashed from the blade. Hyesung then gave him a roundhouse kick to the stomach, but he got right back up. He found Dongwan and sprinted into a straight line towards his direction. There was a blur in front of him and he felt his blade plunge into flesh, the sound of it digging deeper scratched on his eardrums. He pulled the blade out and stabbed again. 

Minwoo chocked Vincent from behind with his baton and watched as the man struggled to breathe as he dropped his weapon that was dripping with blood, Kyesang suddenly collapsed in front of them.