Advil and Chill

Come through

I was in the middle of writing my thesis when I really ranted to write this story instead, chapter 7 and 8 are together so here is a double chapter update! Thank you!

 

Eric was sitting in Dongwan's living room, they were supposed to go to the pool arcade, but it suddenly started to downpour in the city, so they went to Dongwans apartment instead. Eric was playing with all of Dongwans knick-knacks in the living room while Dongwan was looking around for Advil. "Eric, do you think that Minwoo is seeing Kyesang?", Dongwan asked with a high sense of concern, Eric nearly spat his water out. "No, I'm sure Kyesang and Minwoo are not an item, I am 100 percent sure", Eric said while nervously chuckling, he knew very well that Minwoo and Kyesang were out preparing the next upcoming weeks birthday party as they speak. "It's just I keep sending him hints, I even got Kysang to tell him that all I want for my birthday is him. What am I suppose to do Eric-ah", Dongwan vented while ruffling his hair. "Wannie ah, how about we focus on more serious matters at the moment," Eric said with a straight face, he continued, "Where's the Advil?" Dongwan smirked and handed him the pill bottle and glass of water. "I feel like, Minwoo likes Kyesang more then he likes me, they are always together lately", Dongwan plopped onto the couch, Eric rolled his eyes, "Dongwan, I can bet my entire fortune when I say that Minwoo does not have any feeling for Kyesang. Now, onto more pressing matters, the main hospital had notified the mayor that our hospital will be designated as the main trauma centre between Macheon (City) and Seoul, with the casino in Suseo (City) being 15 minutes away from us we are going to be much busier than usual. You're in charge of the ER, how do you want to game plan this", Eric looked at him while taking a sip of his water. "I heard, I received an official document 2 nights ago from the president. The 7 of us will have to be on call at all times, I'll have 4th-year residents do rotations with you guys, we can send all non-urgent patients to the next available ER which is in Moran (City)" Dongwan explained as he scrolled on his phone, he then changed the topic, "So you told Hyesung?", Eric nodded, "Don't worry he'll come to his senses, he's just confused about his feelings, you know how he can be sometimes", Dongwan comforted Eric. 

Junjin was laying on the floor in the middle of his apartment. Jackson in his arms and podo is poking at his feet, "Kids, I need you to diagnose my illness, I think I'm allergic to Andy. When he's around, my heart rate spikes, my ears turn red, I get all jittery, I can not stay put, and my breathe becomes staggard. It's getting worse every day. What should I do Dr. Jackson and Dr. Podo", He asked the canines, podo pranced over to nudge Junjins face, "What is it Dr. Podo, It's incurable? I'm going to die because my heart will explode, aigoo", Junjin said as he picked podo up and placed him onto his chest. Junjin sat up and began cleaning the kitchen, he opened the fridge and found the bottom drawer full with a post-it note, "Junjin-ssi, you did not have any side dishes in your fridge, what Korean man doesn't have kimchi in his fridge? :(", he placed the note down and found different types of kimchis, there was perilla leaf, spring onion, radish, and of course cabbage. Junjin pulled his phone out to send Andy a text, [Thank you for the Kimchis] he hesitated for a second and sent [<3] as well. 

The beds in the ER was filling up, a paramedic came running in with another patient, "This man fainted at the department store, he rolled down a flight of stairs, when EMR arrived he was given CPR and shot of epi, we have been doing compressions for 11 minutes now, no pulse", he explained. "Bring him into the hybrid room, I need an incubation kit and a chest tube!", Andy shouted. A nurse ran over with the equipment, "I will incubate, push another one of epi", Andy inserted a breathing tube and ran to the other side of the bed, "I'm going to insert a chest tube, afterwards give him norepinephrine through a central line to increase blood pressure and elevate heart rate", Andy made a quick incision and push through the long clear tube, he watched as the blood spilled out of the tube and into a tray, "Pulse check", Andy watched the monitor, "We have a pulse!" The nurse shouted, "I suspect subarachnoid hemorrhage, get a chest portable and send him up to OR 2" Andy told the nurse. He left his phone at the nurse's station, Andy had missed Junjins call and texts. 
"Doctor it hurts!" a 4-year-old boy was whining as Hyesung was cleaning up his knees, "I know buddy, I know, it will only be a few more seconds before you can pick out what colour elastic bandage you want and then you can go home," Hyesung explained using his agyeo voice. "Aaaaand we are done! Now tell me, which one would you like? I have all the colours of the rainbow" Hyesung pointed at the storage unit beside him, "I want the blue one!" The boy smiled, Hyesung pinched his adorable cheeks and reached for the blue roll of bandage, "Now Mum and dad, don't let the wound touch water for the next 24 hours, I'll write you some anti-biotics and ointment, he should be discharged within the next hour", Hyesung used his formal voice to explain to the boys parents, they nodded gave him a bow. 

"Minwoo, that's enough we don't need 3 dozens worth of sparklers, it's a fire hazard" Kyesang nagged as he took a package of sparklers from Minwoos hands, "Fine, grandpa. I'm just saying it'll look awesome if we lit up the entire room using sparklers and then jumped out nowhere to surprise them", Minwoo said as they walked around the department store. "What kind of cake does Hyesung like? Do you remember?" Kyesang asked Minwoo, "Tuxedo cake for Hyesung and carrot cake for Dongwan", Minwoo shouted from the top of the aisle, Kyesang nodded and went over to the bakery. Minwoo filled his cart up with snacks, he passed by the CD section and found a disc labled, "y and intimate", he picked it up, "y and intimate eh? Let's see if you are what you say you are" Minwoo threw it into his cart, it'll be perfect for what he's preparing. Kyesang found Minwoo at the otherside, "What are you getting the November boys?" Minwoo asked, "Dongwan always says he doesn't want gifts, but I got him a new guitar. He used to play all the time back in the dorm, but I guess now that he's head of the ER he doesn't have time for that anymore. I got Hyesung a smart lamp that he saw on TV a few months ago, how about you?" Kyesang was unloading the carts at check out, "I have the surprise of a lifetime for Dongwan, I picked up this nice insulated mug for Hyesung the last time I came, but I don't know what else to get him, maybe a set of knives?", Minwoo pouted. "Why, so he can stab Eric with them?" Kyesang smirked. "Exactly, and then you can take over Neuro! It's a win-win!" Minwoo said excitedly as he slaps Kyesang on the arm, the other man shook his head.