Salt and Vinegar

Come through

Authors note: To some this chapter might be a little choppy if not hard to follow along as I wrote it on a 3 am spur and didn't proofread it before updating so... here goes nothing :)

The words that vincent had left Junjin still echoed in his subconsciousness. He didn't understand what it meant. It had been 2 weeks since the confronted him in front of the apartment. Junjin was preparing to start work again at the hospital his wounds have mostly healed and he had gained his drive and energy back. He had seen or spoke to Andy in 2 weeks, Andy called him twice. Junjin didn't pick it up. He didn't know how to confront Andy, he didn't know what to say. Junjin parted his hair like how he usually did and laced his shoes, he held his stomach as he sat back up he held his breath as it still hurts. He released his breath and stood up, he looked himself one last time and said goodbye to Jackson and Podo before leaving his apartment. 
The ER was bustling again, Minwoo ran from his office to assist. There was a patient that was just admitted due to stomach pain. He immediately pulled over the portable ultrasound and assessed the situation. "Looks like appendicitis, "Administer 30ml of Toradol, start a central line and book an OR for Dr. Yoon for a laparoscopic appendectomy procedure" Minwoo ordered as he took his gloves off. He walked over to the nurse's station and found Hyesung assembling things in his tray, "What you go?" he asked out of curiosity. "Teenage girl that fell off her bike and cut her knees and elbow, no bone damage so I don't need a consult from you", Hyesung straightened his lips and walked over back to the bed. Minwoo was signing off his charts and out of instinct, he looked over the door. He found a relatively young man in a suit holding his briefcase, that man was scanning the ER, Minwoo approached him. "Can I help you with anything?" Minwoo asked, "Yes, where is the Director's office?", he asked while still scanning the room. "May I ask why you needed to speak with our Director he is busy at the moment." Minwoo kindly replied. "Whatever then, I just wanted to introduce myself, I'm cardio surgeon Vincent Lee from the main hospital, as of today I will be taking over the cardio department.", He pushed Minwoo aside and strode his way down the hall. "So he's the aforementioned cousin of Andys", Minwoo thought to himself. Minwoo dropped what he was doing and ran up to Andys patient room. "Andy! Andy! Andy!", Minwoo was huffing and puffing. Andy looked at him confused, "Yes, Hyung, yes Hyung, yes Hyung?" Andy smiled at him. "Your, cousin is here to take over your position! Did you hear about this?", Minwoo yelled. Andy raised his eyebrow and placed his phone down. "Halmoni said I needed time to recover, she told me she was going to send someone, I can't believe she sent Vincent", Andy scoffed. "He that this death glare in his eyes like he wanted to burn the hospital down, he talked with no formalities and on top of all that, I don't like him." Minwoo pouted. Andy shook his head, "Too bad, chairman's orders." Minwoo huffed a sigh. 
Vincent was reorganizing Andys office when Kyesang walked in, "Excuse me, but what do you think you're doing?", he crossed his arms, Kyesang knew everything, he saw the smirk on vincents lips and was about to grab the letter opener on the desk to stab him. "I'm cleaning up my office." Vincent said as he threw Andys stuff into a paper box, "I'm sorry Doctor Lee, you are only a temporary visitor, don't you think it's a bit much to be reorganizing one's office?" Kyesand said passive-aggressively. "Halmoni is sending a VIP patient here to get a Coronary artery bypass grafting for his heart, and after such a large and difficult surgery like that, Halmoni will arrange a meeting for me to see the board to be considered for Cheif of Cardio at the main hospital", he boasted as he sat on the desk. "Wait, do you mean Assemblymen Ryu? He was Andys patient." Kyesang bit his cheek, "I know, such a shame that he's not personal leave at the moment and can't carry on the surgery. That's fine, as the considerate person that I am, I will carry on the surgery, now please I have a lot of things to do please leave my office." Vincent pointed towards the door. "Before I leave let's set some things straight. This is Andys office, and just because you steal one surgery from Andy, don't think that you are so much better than him. Our Andy beats you in, ethics, skills, experience, manners, and respect any day. So I wish you the best of luck with your surgery, and don't call us for help with anything goes wrong." Kyesang said before slamming the door. Dongwan heard the door slam and found Kyesung red as a tomato storming in the halls, "Kyesang what's wrong?" Dongwan asked Kyesang, suddenly Minwoo spoke from behind him and caught him by surprise, "Vincent. Andys cousin that nearly killed Andy and Junjin is now working in our hospital." Minwoo said, Kyesang added. "Not only that, but he is taking over Andys Coronary artery bypass grafting surgery tomorrow, can you believe his audacity?" Kyesang was exhaling deeply. Dongwan was shaking in his shoes, you could see the anger boiling up inside of him. Dongwan clasped his hands together and walked back to the ER, he was the scariest when he did that. 
Andy was now standing by the window wanting to leave his room when Dongwan swung open the door, "Lee. Sun. Ho", Dongwan balled his fists. "Yeah, Hyung", Andy asked innocently. "Were you aware of all of this?", Dongwan asked. "I found out a few days ago", Andy looked down to his feet. "And you didn't bother to tell any of us? I could have asked the director to reject his transfer and to get anyone else other than Vincent Lee to come and fill your spot. I could call my friends from other hospitals, I could have-", Andy then cut him off, "Hyung, it's fine." Dongwan stared him in the eyes, "No it's not!" he shouted so loud that Andy was sure the entire corridor heard him. "Andy, it's not," Dongwan said before leaving the room. Andy called after him, but it didn't help. 
Dongwan stormed into Vincent's office, "I know what you did to Andy and Junjin, and I know a guy who's good with technology and is short on cash. What do you think is going to happen if I should security camera footage of you beating the out of our Doctors to the medical board Dr. Lee?", Dongwan closed the door behind him, "Get to your point Dr. Kim", Vincent looked at him like he was amused by what Dongwan said. "I   have already requested for him to get me CCTV footage of that night, if you don't want to lose your licence and go to jail, I suggest that you leave this hospital immediately." Dongwan attempted to threaten him, "I'm sure you are well aware that my grandmother is the chairman. If anything happens to me do you think you're still going to have your licence?", he taunted. "I don't care", Dongwan said frankly. "First of all, I can't leave yet, as much as I would love to leave this dump, I have a surgery tomorrow. After that I will get out of your hair." Vincent slammed his fist onto the the desk, Dongwan then suddenly held him by the collar, "That surgery belongs to Andy, you know it, I know it, the entire god damn hospital knows it, it's his only chance to land a meeting with the board. This isn't fair!" Dongwan gripped harder, Vincent then elbowed the side of Dongwans head, causing him to let go. "Nothing is fair in life Dr. Kim, you should understand that more than anyone being the head of the emergency department. I wish I didn't have to be so despicable, it's the only way. Now please, leave my office", Dongwan rubbed the side of his head and remained in his position, he took his phone out from his pocket and dialled a number, "Hi Gyungsoo, it's Dongwan Hyung, I need a favour. I need the security camera footage for the Lees villa on November first, send it to my email and CC the hospital director and I will wire you cash in a bit", he hung up and walked out the door, turning his head to glare at vincent one last time. 
Hyesung finished his shift at the hospital and called Junjin out to have dinner with him, he found this homestyle restaurant not too far away and decided that his mentee probably hasn't eaten yet. Hyesung pulled up in the restaurant and saw Junjin waving at him, he parked his car and sprinted over him. "Hyung!" Junjin shouted over to him. Junjin took his cap off and ruffled his car when he lifted his head back up he revealed his adorable smile, "Yah, Park Choongjae, why did I have to call you four times before you answered my call? Are you trying to ghost me?" Hyesung joked as they made their way to a table, "Sorry Hyung, I've just been out of it since the incident", Junjin frowned, "I know, but look on the bright side at least you didn't die right?" Hyesung smiled sarcasticly causing Junjin to give him a side glare. "No, I meant when Andy said I love you to me", he said as he stared at the ground, Hyesung spat out his water, he had to apologize to the table next to them. "Wait, Andy said what now? That boy barely verbalizes a mere good morning to me", Hyesung said. "I know, I know, which is why I'm- I don't know how to explain it, like, I was supposed to say it first, you know?" Junjin rubbed his temples as the waitress handed him his soup. "It doesn't matter, look, you made your moves and he reciprocated and understood them. You didn't verbally tell him the three magic words, but he mentally understood you. Aren't you happy now that he confessed his feeling, why are you being so awkward about it?", Hyesung asked stirring his Bibimbap. Junjin was swishing around his soup with his spoon, "I've never dated before, I mean I was so busy with med school and then interning and then residency that I never considered to date. I'm so confused right now, what if Andy gets sick of me? What if he stops loving me? What if I break his heart? What if-", "Choongjae, Shut up and quit playing with your food." Hyesung cut him off. "You're overthinking this and making it overly complicated for yourself. Trust me, just follow your heart. I know it sounds cliche, but it really works. What is it that you want to do most with Andy right now?", Hyesung asked with his food stuffed in his right cheek. Junjin placed his spoon down and leaned back on his chair, he placed his hand over his heart and blicked a few times, "I want to hold him, I want to tell him that I will protect him now, I want to tell him that he is no longer alone, I want to cuddle with him together in a fortress made out of blankets and pillows, I want to look into his eyes and stick my tongue into his mouth and-" Hyesung coughed loudly to stop where his little speech was going, "Okay, okay, we get it, jeez. Graphic much?" Hyesung wiped his mouth. "But that's what I want to do Hyung!" Junjin said while pouting his lips, Hyesung could not believe his eyes and ears, his little baby bird has caught a love bug. Hyesung watched as Junjin gushed over Andy as they ate, he did not have the heart to tell him about the situation at the hospital. 
Eric walked into Andys room with his PSPs, "Good evening VIP patient, I am here to deliver the daily dose of handheld entertainment", Andy smiled as he took one from Eric's hand. "Have you talked to Junjin recently?", Eric asked Andy knowing very well that the answer is no, "Nope, I guess he's busy, I know Halmoni is giving him a hardtime, plus with Vincent downstairs, I doubt he'll voluntarily come to the hospital." Andy was making faces to the screen. Eric didn't want to take curves and directly asked the question, "So are you and Junjin a thing now? Is he your boyfriend?" Eric asked pausing the game, Andy stared at Eric evidently annoyed as he was on a winning streak. "I don't know, he hasn't asked me to be his boyfriend yet, so no? But we have been courting each other since 3 months ago, so I would sure as hell hope so", Andy returned to the game, Eric took the game from his hand, "No, Lee Sunho, how does Junjin make you feel?", Andy crossed his arms and looked up to the ceiling. "Like life has meaning again. Like everything I cared about that I lost, I regained it all back at the same time. I feel as if the world ended in an hour I would want to spend the last hour holding his hand." Eric felt his emotions acting up when he heard that, he turned around to cough and excused himself out of the room, Andy picked up the PSP and continued his game. Eric stepped out into the corridor and phoned Hyesung, "Hyesung how's it going with Jinnie?" he asked "Fine, operation salt and vinegar is a go" Hyesung replied on the other end. "Roger that everything is a go on my end as well", Eric then hung. Operation salt and pepper was created by Minwoo a while ago when Eric and Hyesung first realized they had feelings for eachother, Minwoo and Dongwan would gather intel and strategically plan the next steps necessary to progress the awkward relationship. Now Eric and Hyesung will have their own rendition of that and the goal is to get the awkward love birds to not be awkward and open about their relationship. 
Minwoo sat in the rolly chair at the nurse's station contemplating what to do about Vincent, he did that for a while and decided there was not much that he could do. He suddenly wondered what Dongwan was doing and sent him a text, he didn't want to sound like he cared about what Dongwan was doing so he sent this; 
M [Wan ah, did you hear that Eric and Hyesung are doing operation S+V with Junjin and Andy? Hilarious, don't you think?]
[Did you eat yet? Are you still at the hospital?]
What usually happens is that Dongwa would reply almost instantly to Minwoo even if he was busy in the OR, a few minutes passed and Minwoo was still waiting on a reply. He got impatient and decided to give him a call instead. [Sorry the caller is unavail-] Minwoo hung up, this was very unlike Dongwan, Minwoo then pulled off his white coat and bolted out the ER doors, he texted Kyesang.
M [I think something happened, Dongwan is not answering his phone calls, I'll send you my location.] 
K [Got it, I'll meet you at the intersection in 10 mins]