Fight

Come through

Long time no see, I hope everyone is doing okay. I wanted to write a quick update to those who are still following this story, thank you so much for reading and I will try to update as often as possible. Take care and stay safe! - J


Another day passes in the busy city of Seoul, Dongwan gets out of bed, he made 2 whole steps before tripping over his puppy and landed on his side, his puppy hops on top of him and stares into confusion, "Don't worry Daddy is fine", he groaned as he got back up and treaded to the bathroom, "Okay, Google what is the weather like today?" he shouted into the living room. [Good Morning. The Forecast for Seoul, Jongno-ro is cloudy with a precipitation level of 66%. There are no reported traffic issues. The drive to work will be 19 minutes.] Dongwan quickly made himself some breakfast when he received a call from Andy, "Hyung? Can you push back surgery from Ortho? I have a patient that's condition worsened overnight, I need to get him into the OR now." Dongwan pinched his nose bridge and sighed, "Okay I'll let the head nurse know and have them schedule you in next, can you take 2 of the interns with you?" Andy paused for a moment, "Okay, I will prep now, the interns are already here with me, I'll catch up with you after surgery." Dongwan glanced over to the wall-mounted clock and realized if he didn't leave now then he would be late, he ran out of the house grabbing an apple on his way. 

Eric sat in his office playing with a Rubik's cube, he had 1 square left before he completed a side, but he couldn't figure it out. A knock came from the door, he looked up and it was a nurse, he was hoping for someone else. "Dr. Mun, I have your consults lined up for the day, here are the patient files, is there anything else that you need?" She gave him a smile, "No, that will be all, thank you." He went back to his cube, before the nurse closed the door behind her Eric had a request, "Actually, If you see Dr. Jung from pediatrics can you please inform him that I'm in my office, he may be looking for me." she smiled and closed the door.

Junjin was downstairs in the ER treating a preschooler who tripped and scraped her knees, the nurses gathered and drooled over how gentlemen he was, "Okay sweetie, I'm going to use this ointment where the oo is and it may sting for 3 seconds, but I promise you it will feel a lot better after 3 seconds okay?" the young girl who was sitting at the edge of the bed nodded, "Look at Mr.Monkey here in my pocket, we are going to count to 5 together okay?" Junjin pulled out a sock monkey from his coat, "Okay now, 1,2-" before they got to 3 he had already wiped on the ointment and was preparing the bandages. "and 5! You did a great job! Sit tight, I'm going to speak with Mommy and then we can get you home okay?" The girl nodded. Junjin headed over to her Mom by the nurse's station, "Excuse me, Mrs.Yoon?" The young mother nodded, "How is my daughter, her knees bled a lot, is she okay?" Junjin gestured for her to take a seat, "Your daughter is fine, it's only a superficial wound and will completely heal over time, I will prescribe a few days worth of antibiotics, don't get the wound wet for the next 3-4 days and change the bandage every night before bed. The nurse over there will help you with the paperwork, afterwards, you may bring her home, I will include a doctor's note to excuse her from class today. The mother thanked him and she gave her a pat on the back as he headed back into the med bay. 

Dongwan ran into the ER, "I'm not late I swear, Google said it was a 19-minute drive but it took 23!" he ran off into the commons room to get changed. Junjin and the other attendings shook their heads as the nurses laughed. Dongwan changed into his coat and made his way to Minwoos office, he was in the middle of a consult, but his face lit up when he saw his morning angel. Dongwan threw an apple at him, gave him a wink and walked away. The patient looked at Minwoo all confused, Minwoo continued on as if nothing happened. 

Dongwan came into the ER and looked over the charts, Eric walked up to him and looked around, "Dr. Kim, have you seen Dr. Jung?" Dongwan looked at him weirdly, he cleared his throat and used his "Professional voice" "No Dr. Mun I have not seen Dr. Jung. What seems to be the issue?" Eric responded like a guilty child, "No, no, no issue, I'm just looking for him." Eric then spotted Junjin over by the corner and shouted, "Dr. Park! Have you seen Dr. Jung?" Junjin shook his head while adjusting a patient's IV bag. "Dr. Kim, where is Dr. Lee?" Dongwan asked back, "Lee Minwoo or Lee Sunho? Dr. Lee of Ortho is doing consults, Dr. Lee of Cardio and Thoracic is in the middle of surgery." Erick nodded and walked back up the stairs to his office. Dongwan was now curious, he went over to Junjin to gather intel, "Jinnie-ah, what is going on with Eric and Hyesung?"

Junjin was writing notes, "Last night when they were doing it, Eric knocked over Hyesungs LP player and broke his Michael Jackson Bille Jean LP disc." Dongwan pouted his lips, "Oh ." Junjin put the chart back in front of the bed, "That's correct."

Hyesung was doing rounds in PICU when the nurse from earlier ran into him, "Oh Dr. Jung, Dr. Mun is looking for you, he told me to tell you that he will be in his office." Hyesung rolled his eyes. "You can tell him that I told you to tell him that he can go to H E double hockey sticks. I can't say that word out loud in front of the babies" The nurse giggled and nodded. 

Later into the afternoon, they all gathered into the commons room to have a quick bite, Eric stormed into the room, everyone looked at him with widened eyes, "Why did you tell Nurse Han to tell me to go to hell!" Hyesung continued on his phone without batting an eye, "Because that's where you belong."

Eric crossed his arms in frustration, "It's just an LP disc! I'll buy you another one!" Hyesung placed his phone back into his coat, at this point everyone backed up into the corner of the room, "It was limited edition, !" he grabbed onto Erics hair and they began to fight, Eric tackled Hyesung onto the ground and they were pulling each others hair out, Dongwan, Minwoo and Junjin watched from afar, Minwoo takes out a 10,000 won bill, "!0 bucks says Eric is going to win" Dongwan pulls out 2 10,000 won bills, "20 says Hyesung will win" They both looked at Junjin, Junjin simply shook his head. "There will be no winner." 

As Eric was screaming for mercy with Hyesungs arms around his head someone barges into the room, "Get up now. We are in a hospital for God's sake, have some respect!" Andy looked at the duo on the ground and the trio filming them in the corner of the room. They both stood up, Eric fixed his hair and tie before leaving the room, "I hope your surgery went well Dr. Lee." Hyesung picked his coat up from the ground and adjusted his stethoscope, "Good to see you back in Surgery Dr. Lee, I have to check on a patient, I will catch up with you later." Hyesung then left the room. Junjin took the bills from Dongwan and Minwoos' hands. "I told you so."