Dumplings

Come through

"Eoma! Eoma! I played with a bunny today at the park, the bunny was scared of the puppies so I protected the bunny!", a young Andy was boasting to his mother in the kitchen, she looked at him with loving eyes, "Our Andy is a big boy now! He can protect small animals from getting picked on, Good job little dumpling", she knelt down on a knee and pinched his cheeks, "Eoma! What are you making?" Andy asked as he tried to peek up the kitchen counter, "Since my Sunho did such a kind deed today, eoma will male your favourite shrimp dumpings okay?" She smiled at her little boy, "Yes! Dumplings! Saranghae Eoma!" Andy cheered as he ran out into the living room to play with his action figures "Saranghae Sunho ah!", she smiled at him as she kneaded some dough. 
The sound of the morning alarm woke Andy from his sleep, he sat up and wiped the tears in his eyes. Junjin grabbed the blanket and pulled it over his head, "Oh, my god please, it's too early to be awake", he whined. Andy pulled the blanket off of Junjins face and gave him a peck on the cheek, "Hurry and get up, or we're going to be late", Andy said to him as he rolled out of bed, "Oh, Good morning Podo, Good morning Jackson!" Andy petted them before going to brush his teeth, "PoJack come here", Junjin slapped the bed and watched as they jumped to his side, he held onto the both of them tightly and attempted to nap for a few more minutes, Andy came back into the bedroom with a toothbrush in his mouth and another one in his hand, he then shoved Junjins toothbrush into his mouth causing the man to jump out of bed. 
On the other side of town Dongwan had just arrived at Minwoos apartment and was here to pick him up to work, he saw the Minwoo standing outside with his sunglasses on looking cooler than ever, "Uber for Lee Minwoo!", he joked. "Good morning Director Kim", he said as he jumped into the passenger seat. "Dr. Lee, you are looking more dashing then ever this morning, what's the special occasion?" Dongwan giggled as he asked. "Well, my boyfriend is picking me up from work this morning so I spent some time to doll up" Minwoo wiggled his eyebrows, Dongwan then quickly gave him a smooch on the lips and drove off to the hospital. They arrived and saw Kyesang swamped with work by the nurse station, they looked around for Eric and Hyesung as they were shifted with Kyesang, "Kyesang, where is Eric? Hyesung?" Dongwan asked. Kyesang heaved a sigh, "Eric has a stomach ache and Hyesung has an emergency consult", Minwoo wrinkled his eyebrows as he heard that answer, "I think I know where they actually are", Minwoo whispered to Dongwan, he led Dongwan to a room left of the Neuro wing "Examination room #1" the sign read on the door, Dongwan took a deep breath and swung the door open, they saw a very Eric and very Hyseung underneath some very sheer sheets, "Oh for christ sake Dongwan ing knock won't you!", Hyesung yelled as he covered himself up with the sheet, Eric simply smiled and gave him a nod. "As Director of this hospital, I can do whatever I please Dr. Jung. Now put your clothes back on and get to work." Dongwan said as he slammed the door behind him, he looked at Minwoo with a stern face and before Minwoo could make any comments Dongwan had burst out giggling. They could hear Hyesung swearing on the other side of the room. 
Back at the ER Kyesang was dealing with a part-time worker who insisted he gets back to work and not get treated, "Doc, look I'm fine, I just got a little light head at work, it's probably dehydration, please I have to get back to work", she was pulling on Kyesangs sleeve, "Miss, fainting can be an indication of something seriously wrong, we will get a blood work test and get a CT before the results come out I will need you to sit tight and allow us to do our work," Kyesang kindly explained, "No, please Doctor I need to get back to work or else they might fire me", she cried. Kyesang stared at her and sighed before heading over to the nurse's station, "The young lady in bed 3, I suspect that she has been overworking herself and is malnourished." he scribbled something on the charts, Andy and Junjin had just arrived, Andy was wearing Junjins clothes. "Boys, hurry and change into your coat and scrubs. There was a cargo van that crashed over highway three, 6 casualties are being sent here, Andy I need you to call all your members in the CS department to be on stand by, Jinnie, we have 2 casualties that need to be taken care of by Peds, find Hyesung and discuss the game plan with him" Kyesang instructed. 
The seven of them waited in the ER, Dongwan had scrubbed in, he thought they might need another pair of hands. The siren from the ambulance could now be heard from the ER, they rushed outside to receive the patients. Dongwan was at Bed one with a female driver who seems to be the mother of the child Hyesung is looking after, he took the portable ultrasound and examined the bruising on her stomach, "It looks like Mass Hemoperitoneum (Bleeding in the abdominal cavity), it looks like the liver is what's causing the bleeding, prep an OR I will scrub in", Dongwan said as he took his coat off. Over in Bed 2 was Andys patient, "His Posterolaeral alveolar and pleural syndrome look blurry on the ultrasound, wait, it's hemothorax. His vitals are unstable, his saturation is dropping. I'm going to intubate, secure the tube at 22mm. Administer two units of red blood cells 5 units of plasma, He needs to be sent to an OR within the next hour", Andy explained as he listened to the patient's chest sounds with his stethoscope. 
Eric's patient was already coding when he got here, Eric was on top of the bed performing CPR, "Charge at 150 joules!" he was then handed the defibrillator, "Everyone clear! Shock!" he shouted as he shocked the patient, "Charge to 200, Clear!" he then gave the patient another shock, "Spontaneous return of rhythm, ABGA shows Metabolic acidosis, start him on bicarbonate in another line, and push epinephrine in the central line, and get a head CT now!" Eric shouted as he caught his breath. 
Junjin was dealing with a small child that was in her toddlers seat during the accident, there was a mark across her chest that was caused by the tight seatbelt, he was listening to her chest sounds when her BP suddenly dropped, "Saturation has dropped to 78%, Give me the portable ultrasound", he said has he held his hand out for the nurse to hand him the device, he rolled the handle to see her lungs, she has Flail chest. "Give her an oxygen mask with 100% of O2, I need an ampoule of tramadol in the central line along with the IV drip. I need a 50cc syringe and lidocaine." Junjin ordered as he held the little girl's hand, "Sweetheart, I know it's scary, but it's going to be okay, Oppa will help you" he comforted the little girl. "I'm going to control the pain with an intercostal nerve block", Junjin was then handed the syringes and ampoules he asked for, he took a syringe and ripped the cap off with his teeth, he located the centre of the bruising and administrated the pain medication before extracting the excess air in the chest cavity. He looked up to the monitor and watched as her stats steadied. He let out a sigh and smiled. 
Kyesang and Minwoo were now in the middle of surgery, they had finally stabilized all the conditions of the patients that were brought in. Dongwan walked over to the paramedics, "Good job, you've worked hard. We can handle the rest from here. Thank you", Dongwan gave them all pats on the back before going back into the ER.
Andy was comforting the little girl, "What if Eoma dies? Then I'll be all alone!" she cried while on a lollipop that Andy gave her, Junjin had tried to comfort her, but it clearly didn't work. "Sweetheart, listen to me, my friends are going to take amazing care of your Eoma, I will ensure that you and Eoma get to leave this hospital healthy and happy. Eoma is resting right now, so see the not-so-tall doctor over there, he's Dr. Kim, he's the best! He is like the superhero of this hospital, he will help your Eoma okay?" Andy looked at her waiting for a response. She gave him a nod and had stopped crying, "Great, now please do us a favour, you lungs are hurt right now, so if you cry your lungs will be very sick, we don't want that, okay, or else Dr. Park will have to put the uncomfortable mask on you again if you want another lollipop to ask Dr. Park first, I asked him to put a box of strawberry cookies in the cupboard here if you want something to snack on you may have those, just remember to share okay?" Andy wiped her tears with his thumbs, "I understand Dr. Lee", she smiled at Andy, "Oh, and thank you, Dr. Park, Saranghae!", Junjin chuckled and responded "Nado (me too)", Andy felt his heart sink to the ground, he had recalled the dream he had last night. 
Andy went over to the coffee vending machine and pushed the coins into the machine, Junjin slid beside him, causing him to jump in his shoes. "What's wrong Andy?", he asked as he took Andys cup of coffee from the dispenser. "It's nothing Jinnie, I'm just tired", he tried to shrug it off, "Hey, Lee Sunho, don't lie to me. Tell me, what's bothering you?" he asked again. Andy pulled Junjin into a hug, "I miss my Eoma", he cried. Junjin cuddled his chin on the top of Andys head, "There, there, cry it all out, don't bottle it into yourself", Junjin rubbed circles on his back and allowed him to cry on his shoulders. 
The remainder of the night was quiet, the emergency patients had been sent upstairs for monitoring and the little girl had drawn a picture of Andy and Junjin, the tall stick figure was labelled "Boring, but nice doctor" and the shorter stick figure was labelled "Boring Doctors cute boyfriend", Andy laughed out loud when he saw the photo, Junjin had felt the weights off his shoulders when he saw Andy smile, "Jinnie-ah, we need to get this framed" Andy commented as he shot two thumbs up to the little girl. "Jinnie-ah, when we get home, I'll make you my favourite shrimp dumplings", he delightfully told Junjin, Junjin grinned back and nodded his head, "I would love that."