Carrot Cake

Come through

Authors note: Some time skip in this chapter that may cause confusion 

"To the deities in heaven above, It's me, Lee Minwoo again. I'm sorry for bothering you at this time. You must've already known what I am here for, it has been 36 hours since Dongwan finished surgery, his condition is not progressing. Please can one of you please help him? Is it because my prayers are not loud enough? Is it because my soul is not pure enough? Dongwan's mother was a Buddhist her entire life, if not listen to my prayers, may I pray on her behalf? Dongwan is a good man. He may be stubborn and hard to deal with, at times a pain on the , and hates following rules, but I assure you he is a good man, he had saved so many lives, so please spare him.", Minwoo was kneeling on the rooftop of the hospital talking to the stars. Kyesang was looking everywhere for Minwoo when he found Minwoo praying on the rooftop, "Minwoo-ah, it's cold out here, how about we go inside huh?", he tried to pull Minwoo up by the arm, Minwoo shook him off, "I'm fine, just leave me alone", Kyesang watched from a distance, the bright and energetic Minwoo was now a completely different person. 

[A few days later]

"Good Morning, we are from KICAC (Korea Independent Commission Against Corruption) we'd like to bring chairman Lee and party along for questioning, here is our court warrant.", Three men dressed in suits showed up at the villa early morning, they brought Chairman Lee, Vincent and Andys father in for questioning. 
"Dr. Lee, we have reason to believe that you have manipulated medical records of numerous surgeries to change the name of the lead surgeon to yourself, from 2011 to 2020 we have suspected over 121 cases at the city's main hospital, the majority of the charts originally belonged to Dr. Lee Sunho.", Vincent was in a bright room with an agent speaking with him, "I was only working under the orders of my uncle. I refuse to say any more until my lawyer arrives." he smirked. 
In another room the chairman was also being questioned, "Chairman Lee, I am sorry that we have to meet under such circumstances, we have brought you in for question on two accounts, one, unsolicited delegation of work to attending physicians and chief of departments and the Surgeon rating report manipulation for Dr. Vincent Lee of Cardio. Do you have anything to say in response to our findings?", The female agent was politely questioning. "No answer, when is my lawyer going to get here?" the Chairman asked. 
When the director forwarded the clip to the board members, the board unanimously agreed to have internal investigations on the things that have been going on at the branch hospitals. The police had also pressed charges on accounts of assault to Dr. V. Lee. 
[1 Week Later]
Andy scrolled through the news on his iPad and read the headline, [Chairman Lee clear of all charges] he kept scrolling and read another [Country renowned Cardiosurgeon stripped of licence upon investigation and faces 6 months in prison] Andy sighed out loud as he read on and found out that his grandmother had pushed all the blame onto his father, he was never nice to Andy, he never treated Andy like his child, but it still pained Andy to know what had happened. Eric came in knocking on his office door before stepping in, "Well, well, Dr. Lee Sunho back in his office where he should be, oh and congratulations on the successful bypass procedure on Assemblemen Ryu", Eric said with a smile from ear to ear. Andy laughed, "Thank you, Dr. Mun, what brings you here? I'm sure it's something more important than a few words of praise." Andy sat up from his chair and leaned against the cabinet, "We have to clean up Dongwans stuff from his office and pick up some stuff from grocery store and head to my place, Minwoo is having a really hard time lately, and Kyesang is stressed enough taking over the ER all by himself.", Eric looked down onto the ground, Andy nodded in understanding, "I got it, Hyung" Eric also nodded and gave Andy a slight smile before exiting. 
It had been a whole week since Dongwans incident, he was in ICU for three days, his heart stopped for a whole minute before it beat again. Minwoo was by his side for the entire duration, up until the day he left. It was a rainy day, it poured and it poured in the city, it was nearly impossible to get a taxi. 
Kyesang was cleaning up the things in Dongwans office, he found a photo of the two of them during their first days of residency, the two of them were the only med students to get custom-tailored white coats, Kyesang laughed out loud when he recalled the incident, on their first day Dongwan had gotten bodily fluids all over his brand new coat, they finally understood why no one ever got custom white coats. Kyesang wrapped the picture frame in newspaper and placed it into a box, he used his sleeve to wipe away the tears in his eyes he didn't know he had. Hyesung saw from outside and went into the room to console him, "Sang-ah, cry if you want to, it's okay", Hyesung said placing a hand on Kyesangs back, he pulled Hyesung into a hug and began sobbing. There were a handful of nurses outside the room watching the two men cry in each other embrace, "Hey, what happened why are they crying?" an intern was asking the group of nurses outside, "You didn't hear? Dr. Kim he-", the intern cut her off, "Did he die?!", the innocent intern gasped in shock and horror, the nurses then looked at him in shock, "What! Where the hell did you hear that? No! No, oh god, no! Dr. Kim got promoted as the Director of this hospital because our Director is being assigned to the main hospital as Chairman Lee momentarily goes on leave. It's just, we will miss Dr. Kim ordering us and pushing us around in the ER and ICU, now he'll be out for meetings and consultations and he'll be leading the surgeries of VIP patients. They are just cleaning out his office and moving his things to his Directors office on the third floor.", The intern laughed, "Then why the hell are they all acting like he died or something?", a nurse patted him on the back, "The 7 of them run the emergency department in harmony, even if one is missing the harmony breaks and chaos stirs. Dr. Jung would get angry at Dr. Mun, and Dr. Mun would fight back. Dr. Park and Dr. Lee should never get shifted together alone, it is just an awkward mess. We have never seen Dr. Yoon without Dr. Kim in the ER. So to sum it all up, we need him with us." She sighed. 

Tonight was the night of the long for the awaited birthday party, they all gathered at Eric's apartment, Andy had brought finger foods and a birthday cake, he couldn't bare seeing the others suffer eating carrot cake at a party. 
Minwoo was in Eric's guest bedroom to set up his birthday present for Dongwan, he placed the CD he purchased the other day in the player and clapped his hands together as everything was coming together. 
Dongwan had this feeling that the guys were planning something, but he played along as if he didn't know, they had planned for Dongwan and Hyesung to go out into the city to examine the new "C arm" portable Xray machine that they wanted to implement into the ER. 
Hyesung was driving on the way back to Eric's apartment, Dongwan was looking out the window thinking about what tomorrow brings, "Hyesung, how's the relationship between Eric?", Dongwan turned his head and asked, "We are fine, we planned an overnight trip to Gapyeong to celebrate officially getting back together", Dongwan smiled, "Nice! Oh and mission Salt and Vinegar? They seem still a little cold" Dongwan commented. "That's what you see on the outside, a few nights ago we caught them passionately making out in the storage room, I'm not sure what happened after, but let's just say it may not be suitable for children." Hyesung laughed and Dongwan followed. 
Andy was peeking out the apartment window and saw Hyesung pulling up "Quick, get ready their here!" Andy giggled, everyone grabbed the confetti and hurried by the door. They heard the door open and POP! The confetti covers the two Doctors who were smiling with glee at the door, "Happy Birthday Dongwan! Happy Birthday Hyesung!", they all shouted in Unison, Dongwan was laughing so hard that it irritated his sounds and he clenched his teeth, Kyesang piped, "Oh my god, are you okay?", Dongwan nodded while smiling and gave him an okay sign with his hand. "Come on let's cut the cake! Kyesang and Minwoo prepared most of this. Question for birthday boy Dongwan, why Carrot cake? I mean out of all the flavours for birthday cakes, and having birthday cake is a flavour of its own, you really had to go for carrot cake, even Andy couldn't stand by that idea a brought a chocolate cake as back up.", Junjin asked as he lit the candles, "I needed to have my daily intake of vegetables somehow as a kid, so my mom made carrot cake, banana bread, she even put broccoli in my cupcake once. When Kyesang asked what kind of cake I liked the only one I could think of was carrot...", the room echoed with laughter, Eric have him a pat on the back, "It's okay Wannie, at least Hyesungie has better taste in cake then you.". Eric pointed to the elegant-looking Tuxedo cake. The 7 of them gathered in the kitchen and was about to start the birthday song when Junjin suggested, "Wait, let's try to harmonize, we can do an acapella version of Happy Birthday, Andy and Eric take the bass range, Minwoo, Kyesang and I will take Mid and the birthday boys take lead", they called coughed and tried to get into tune, "Haaaaa", they start to sing in three different octaves, each octave more off-key then the next. "Okay, stop, stop, good god, for the sake of our ears, just sing it normally", Kyesang interjected, they all nodded in agreement and sang happy birthday the traditional way. Dongwan and Hyesung blew out the candles, sliced the cake. 
They all gathered in the living room, Andy stayed in the kitchen to clean up, he knew that once everyone got wasted no one was going to clean in the morning, Junjin stood next to him while he was finishing up the dishes and slipped his hand around Andys waist. "Andy, come join us in the living room", he said placing the soapy plate that was in Andys hand down. "I'll come after I finish these", he smiled revealing his adorable dimples. Junjin smiled back and stayed by Andys side, he wrapped his arm tighter, pulling  Andy hip-to-hip. Hyesung was looking over from the couch at the couple in the kitchen and pointed them out to the rest of the group. "Guys, guys, aigoo, look at them", They all peeked over to the lovey-dovey couple in the kitchen. "I'm glad that they finally gave each other a chance", Dongwan said as he bit on a snack that was in his hand. 
Further, into the night they found themselves knee-deep in a game of jackstones, they were all already tipsy from the insane drinks that Minwoo mixed. Junjin passed the first stage and was about to throw the jackstones in the air when he was interrupted when Minwoo dragged Dongwan into the guest bedroom. 
"Kim Dongwan-ssi, have a seat." Minwoo pushed Dongwan onto the bed and handcuffed his hands together. Minwoo took off his clothes, revealing the lacy underwear he was working underneath his pants. he pulled on a toy stethoscope and rocked a white coat that was clearly too short. He the intimate music and dimmed the lights. "Patient Dongwan, I'm Dr. y, I heard that you are ill", Minwoo played his hand up Dongwans chest, Dongwan played along, "Yes, Doctor, I am very ill, I need your help", Dongwan heavily breathed, Minwoo shot him a smile and slowly took off his shirt revealing the bandages that still covered his scars, "Don't worry, I will be very careful, let's start with a physical exam." Minwoo then sat on Dongwans thigh, "It's getting hot in here, do you mind if I take my coat off?" Minwoo teased, Dongwan nodded his head. Minwoo was now only wearing his undies. "Tell me, where does it hurt?" Minwoo ran his hands in Dongwans hair, "Do your lips hurt?", Minwoo asked as he bit Dongwan's lower lip, teasing him for a kiss, "My lips hurt, my- my tongue hurts too", Dongwan replied. Minwoo smirked and pulled Dongwan in for a messy kiss, as that all went down Minwoo found his way to the button of Dongwans jeans, he quickly pulled the zipper down and ripped the pants off the other man, Dongwan leaned out of the kiss and looked at Minwoo in shock, "Free me from these cuffs", Dongwan demanded. "These are Dr. ys rules, only I can pleasure my patient, you just stay still" Minwoo asserted as he took off Dongwans boxer, the cool breeze in his nether regions sent a shiver down Dongwans spine, they proceeded to make hot and passionate love in Erics guest bedroom, Dongwans groan was so audible that the rest of them could hear. Even when the couple was getting steamy in the other room the other 5 were now battling karaoke, "I dedicate this song to Dr. Kim and Dr.Lee, not Andy, that are getting it on in my apartment! Woohoo!" Eric shouted into the mic, he was drunk, they were all drunk. Eric selected his song [72800] he entered the numbers into the karaoke machine [Chained up-Vixx], while Eric was rapping the rest of them acted as Background dancers, Kyesang watched as Hyeseng was grinding up against Eric, how Junjin watched Andy dance with hearts shooting out of his eyes, and he remembered the couple in the other room, who did Kyesang have? He didn't need anyone else, he was happy with his group of friends. Kyesnag snuck out into the terrace as they were fighting for the mic, with a beer in hand he looked out into the city and felt the wind hit his face. All the pieces are finally falling together, he no longer had to worry about his little brother Andy who was being bullied by those closest to him, he didn't have to worry about Dongwan not reciprocating Minwoos evident feelings. He didn't have to worry about Eric falling depressed again over his loss of Hyesung. He had watched his friends, no, he had watched his brothers suffer enough over the past year, he looked up to the starry sky and prayed with the noisy background of Junjin singing [Mirotic] that only happiness was to follow for his band of brothers and the little hospital they all ran.