Another day

Come through

"...nine, ten, eleven, twelve, shock!" 
"V-fib"
"One, two, three, four, five, please don't die on me"
Hour 1 of 36
Eric dropped his bag off into his locker and pulled on his white coat and stethoscope, it had been a while since he had to pull a 36, but for some strange reason, it made him excited. He heads a locker slam on the opposite side of the room, he looked over and saw Andy grumbling about something on the phone, "I don't care what they have to say, I'm not going back. They'll have to kill me and drag my cold corpse back if they want." Eric was surprised to see Andy this angry, the last time this happened was when he first transferred here and found out that the hospital doesn't have its own cafe from within. "Dr. Lee? Andy? Is everything okay?" he held his hands out as a line of defence so the younger man does not lash out on him as well, 
"Can you believe it, Hyung? They are trying to force me back to the main branch to be head of Cardio, I told them a thousand times that they can eat dirt, but they keep pestering me, Secretary Yung just called and said that they were going to drag me back if they had to, aish" Andy threw a punch to the locker door. 
"Calm down, it's fine, you still have 7 months left of your contract here, unless the director of this hospital says so, you can't leave Andy-ah, you're contractually obliged." Eric shot him a smile as he adjusted his collar in the mirror
"Then what about 7 months later? What am I going to do then?" Andy slammed the locker door shut. 
"That is a problem for the Andy 7 months from today, okay, just live in the moment." Eric gave him a pat on the back.


Eric walked passed the coffee machine where he'd knew Dongwan would be hanging out by, "Boo!" he had snuck up behind him and startled him. 
"Dongwan, what's with the gloomy face?"
"I have a patient that needs a liver transplant asap, the blood test levels came back dangerously high, but I called the centre, there are no available living donors and the likely-hood of them finding a certified brain dead patient in 48 hours is very slim, Min is only 14, he hasn't even had the chance to venture the world yet." 
Eric stood next to him, "He has to think positively right? You never know maybe God has decided that it's not time for Min to go yet and you'll find a doner by tomorrow morning!" Eric's beam of optimism caused Dongwan to chuckle. 
"I can only pray"

Andy was in the kitchen after getting back from the hospital, he was rinsing peppers when Podo came running to his feet, 
"hmm? What do you want little one?" Podo then rested her little paws on the top of Andys feet and fell asleep, in the time that Andy has spent in Junjins apartment Podo has fallen in love with Andy, it was almost as if she has abandoned the thought of Junjin being her owner. The other day Andy went to shower, Podo stood by the door frame and waited for him to finish washing up, and after he washed up she watched him go over Xrays on his laptop, she even kisses him goodnight with her little nose. Andy didn't mind at all, it was kinda nice having them around when Junjin was at the hospital. 


[a week prior]
Junjin was on the couch with a bag of treats for Pojack, Andy was in the kitchen staring into the abyss of the fridge. 
"Podo. Jackson. Mission subject Lee Sunho. Aka Andy. Mission Objective, when daddy is away from the house you are to keep him company, you are not to leave his sight, if he looks lonely go provoke him with some cute antics. Play with him, but make it look like he's playing with you so he feels some power." 
Andy finally locates the blueberry yogurt, "Babe, stop talking to them, I doubt they understand half of what you're saying" 

Minwoo had just finished seeing all of his outpatients, Hyesung came knocking on his door, "Dr. Lee, got time for one more?" 
"What's wrong?"
"Funny story, totally not my fault, I was uhm, spinning on my chair to amuse a little girl I saw today and, uhm, fell, my shoulder has been feeling iffy the entire day, I got an Xray, I just need you to take a look at it."
Minwoo stared at him with a straight face and heaved a sigh, "So you're saying it was the chairs fault?" 
Hyesung nodded rapidly. 
"Xray looks good, no broken bones, sit down here, I'm gonna need to take an ultrasound." 
Hyesung sat down like he was told and quietly took off his white coat and pulled the shoulder down on his scrubs, Minwoo then applied the gel without warning, the cold sensation sent a shiver down his spine. 
"Hmm, must have been one hell of a chair, you have a micro tear on the rotator cuff, nothing serious, but it will be uncomfortable, I'll prescribe you some heavy strength Voltaren gel to help with the pain, it should heal itself with 2 weeks" 
Minwoo threw Hyesung a box of tissues, he wiped the excess gel away and pulled his coat back on, "Don't tell the others, doctor, patient, confidentiality, got it?" 
Minwoo snicked and gestured for him to leave, "Oh, also Hyesung, Dinner at Junjins place tonight meet me in the parking lot by 8, Eric and Dongwan get off a little earlier so they will take their car" 
Hyesung rubbed his shoulder, "I know, Andy asked me to make a dish tonight too, but my shoulder hurts too much, I'll just make kimbap for drinks later" 
Suddenly an image of a kimbap flashed before Minwoos eyes, the taste of the ever-so familiar sesame oil overwhelmed his senses, he swore he was going into shock, "Uhm, no, no kimbap, I'm sure Andy can cook one more dish just fine, we don't need kimbap."
Hyesung nodded his head and closed the door behind him, Minwoo wiped the sweat that was forming on his forehead. "Crisis averted," he whispered to himself. 


Notes: Hi Hi, it's been a while, I didn't want to abandon fic, but with all that's going on I didn't feel like writing, but I'm back in the office with nothing better to do so I hope you enjoyed this minor update and expect more to come~