Grapes

Come through

Eric and Hyesung sat in the middle of a popular stir-fry restaurant near the main branch, Hyesung had been poking at the hot sizzling plate for the past 10 minutes with Eric staring at him whole-heartedly. 
"The food belongs in your stomach, quit playing with it." Eric finally had enough and slapped Hyesungs chopsticks away with his spoon that he was using to slurp the boiling hot stew. He placed the spoon down, with his chopsticks he picked up a piece of the main dish and placed it into Hyesungs bowl. 
"Eat." 
Hyesung finally looked up to Eric and then back to his bowl, he quietly took the first bite of the day. Eric then placed another piece, and another, and another thereafter. He liked to see Hyesung eat, his slim face becomes puffy when his cheeks fill with food, he noticed how Hyesung like to chew the food on the right sound of his mouth, he couldn't help, but smile at the sight. 
"What's so funny? Is there something on my face?" Hyesung placed his chopsticks down and wiped his mouth with a napkin.
 "No, it's just, I'm glad it's you." Eric looked down onto his bowl of rice to avoid Hyesungs gaze.
"Huh?"
Eric looked up and saw Hyesungs confused expression, "I mean I'm glad that out of all the people in this world, I chose to love you. I mean I could be dating the future president, an idol, the rich kid from my neighbourhood. I chose to love you and I let you go, but I'm never letting that happen again."
"Shut up and eat," Hyesung said rather annoyingly. 
Eric smiled at the remark, he knew to others Hyesung might seem cold, but he had his way of expressing his feelings, "I love you too." Eric murmured while pouring a glass of beer for himself. 
"I heard Andy might get discharged on Saturday if his condition continues to improve, Junjin wants to do dinner at his place if it all works out, I suggested that we do it potluck style, I've had a few dishes that he's made, needless to say, potluck will benefit all parties," Hyesung told Eric as he finished what was left in his bowl. 
"That sounds great, I'm surprised he recovered so quickly, this kid has good resilience, I thought that we lost him when we found him in the basement." 
"I know... let's not mention any of this in front of him, the poor kid is still shaken from the whole incident."
"Roger that."



"I know that this is inappropriate timing, but we haven't done it in like 2 weeks" Minwoo leaned in and breathed onto Dongwan's ear.
"I know Minu-ah, but after all that went down the past few weeks, do you think we can still do it here? Now?" Dongwan raised his head to the ceiling and took a deep breath. 
"I mean if you don't want to it's fine, it's just you look like your in good condition this evening"
"We can't, I mean the hospital is busy, look patients are piling up in the waiting room. We can't both do it at the same time, you do it, solo." Dongwan was about to get up and leave when Minwoo pulled him on the sleeve. 
"I mean, it's been a while, I might need some help, an audience wouldn't hurt." Minwoo winked and cracked his knuckles, "Unless you wanna do it solo and I'll watch"
"You know what sure, but you owe me one."
The patient that was laying on the gurney in front of the bickering couple finally had enough. 
"Uhm, Docs, can you stop flirting for a second and stitch me up?"
"One sec," they said in unison. 
"Minwoo, you do it, it's just over and over stitches, easy peasy, you don't need me to do it with you, come on this is med school 101"
The patient and nurses suddenly caught on to what they were talking about earlier. 
Today was Minwoo and Dongwans first day back into the ER, being a nervous mess that they were, their hands wouldn't quit shaking so they were afraid to apply sutures. 
"I mean, I can do it if you like?" a nurse suddenly pipped from the back. 
"No, no, it's fine, our lovely Dr. Lee will be able to do it right? Directors' orders." 
Minwoo's eyes widened as he heard Dongwan pull the director's card on him. He sat down next to the patient, he lifted the gauze to examine the wound and its dept. He then stared coldly into Dongwan's eyes as Dongwan smirked back at him. 
"Lidocaine in a 2ml syringe. Irrigation. Nylon sutures." Minwoo ordered. 
The room watched as Minwoo applied the first stitch, with his shacky hands the patient winced in pain even with the anesthesia in. 
"Good job Minu-ah, let me know if you need help." Dongwan couldn't help but laugh out loud. He walked over to triage and called out to the next patient, he saw a young lady sitting in the corner of the room with tears streaming down her face, she must've come in with a patient, he thought to himself. 
Dongwan was now overseeing a patient that came in due to a constant headache accompanied by shortness of breath, "Ahjussi, I'm going to feel around the back of your head and your neck, tell me if anything hurts okay?" 
He nodded. Dongwan felt around, his neck muscles were extremely tight. 
"Ahjussi, I need you to lay down on your stomach for me"
Dongwan then felt the collarbone and shoulder blades, and just like he predicted, the patient has a foreward rotator cuff, usually, it would cause pain in the shoulders, but with the location of the trigger points, it shifted to the upper neck. Dongwan then began manual therapy, he placed pressure onto both shoulders and heard two satisfying pops. 
"Okay, I need you to see a physical therapist once a week for 1 month, I will prescribe some ointment to put on before bed to ease the discomfort." Dongwan scribbled on a piece of paper and handed it to the older man. 
"Don't do any heavy lifting, try not to bend foreword, and try not to droop your head down. Okay?"
The patient nodded and stood up on his feet, "I got it, thanks." 
Dongwan walked over to the nurse's station and finished writing the chart, before heading to triage again. 
"Choi Sunhee" he called out. The young lady that he saw crying earlier stood up, her eyes were red and swollen. 
"That's me." she sniffled. 
He led her to bed 3 and began examination questions, "What brings you here today?" 
"I woke up with a slight fever, and I could barely open my eyes, it burns so bad every time I blink." 
"Ahhh, okay I see. No pun intended. Can you describe some of your symptoms to me?"
"Watery eyes, heavy eyelids, burning sensation, cloudy vision, it's been like this since I woke up, I took an Advil and some over the counter eye drops"
Dongwan stepped in closer to examine her eyes, "This will feel uncomfortable, I need to examine your corneas", he took his penlight and shined them into her eyes. 
"I'm going to take you to our optometry room, as I need to take a better look", Dongwan handed her tissues to wipe her tears. 
She followed him down the fall and into the dimly it room, the temperature was colder in there than in the ER.
"I'm going to drip a bit of dye into your eyes, this will allow me to see where the infection is coming from" he explained as he dripped in the orange dye.
"I'm going to need you to place your chin here, I'm going to shine this blue light into your pupil, and I will be gently holding your eyelid open with my fingers, okay?" 
She gave him a nod. 
"Yup, so you have Keratitis, it's when your cornea gets infected by foreign bacteria. Do you wear contacts?"
"Yeah I usually wear colour contacts"
"Hmm, that's most likely where it's coming from, I will give you an ointment that you should use before bed, I'll give you a freezing agent right now just to subdue the pain, keep in mind that the freezing will only last a few hours so when you get home to use the ointment right away if you still are suffering from discomfort in 48 hours come back and see us okay?"
"That sounds good, whatever it takes to stop this" she pointed at her eyes while laughing.
Dongwan laughed along with her, "Yeah, I saw you in the waiting room earlier and I thought something had happened to someone you came with or something." 
He then proceeded to administer the freezing agent and prescribed ciprofloxacin ophthalmic ointment. 
After escorting her out, Minwoo smacked him in the arm. "So our Director Kim has a thing for young ladies in the ER now huh? You were being exceptionally friendly towards her." Minwoo was jealous.
"Honey, the poor kid has been suffering from burning eyes for 8 hours, just wanted to give her some comfort."
"Uhm... Why don't you ever comfort me like that?" Minwoo pouted as he signed some charts that were laying around. Dongwan inched closer towards him, so close that they were almost touching torsos.
"What do you mean Dr. Lee, I comfort you all the time, like this" he leaned in and whispered into Minwoos ear 
"Lee Minwoo. You y bastard, throw out the trash when you get home tonight." Dongwan whispered seductively and walked away as he smacked Minwoos , rendering him speechless. 



Junjin was at the market by himself, Andy mentioned wanting grapes so he came to buy some. One thing about Junjin is that he will get to the market for one thing specifically, but end up browsing around and purchasing a cart full of useless things. He took a look at his cart and saw the cart filled with snacks, bagged soup, a box of tangerines, children's vitamins and treats for Jackson and Podo. He continued to browse around when his phone rang. 
"Hey, what's up?" he asked into the phone. 
"Sweetie, did you get lost? It's been over an hour, are you okay?" Andys voice was laced with worry. 
"Oh, uhm, no I'm fine, I guess I got carried away... OH HONEY THE PEACH GUMMIES ARE ON SALE!" Junjin suddenly shouted over the phone. 
"Wait, you're still at the market?! Jinnie, listen to me. Put. The. Candy. Down."
"But-"
"No, buts. I'm sure your cart is full already. If you're still at the mart can you make sure to get seedless grapes please?"
Junjin paused, he almost forgot about Andys grapes, he lied on the phone. "Yeah, I already picked the perfect box from the shelf, I'll be there in 30 minutes, mmkay?"
"Mmm, be careful, drive safe. Stop browsing."
"I know, I will love you."
"I love me too" Andy giggled. 
"Yah!"
"I love you too" Andy made a kissy sound over the phone and hung up. 
It had been 3 days since Andy woke up from his coma, the others had returned to their post at the hospital. Junjin requested Hyesung and Dongwan that he take a leave until Andy is fully recovered. 
Junjin brought the groceries to the car, during checkout he saw some lollipops that Andy likes and threw some in the cart. 
Back in the hospital room Andy was playing on his phone, he was scrolling through his Facebook account when he saw a picture of Kyesang, it was from the party a few months ago, when Andy went to use the bathroom in the middle of the night he found Kyesang knocked out in the bathtub drooling all over himself, he saw the opportunity and snapped a photo with him, he posted the photo with the caption "Kyesang Hyung Babo-ya!" Andy felt the tears welling up in his eyes. 
A knock came from the door, "Lee Sunho-ssi? I'm here to change your IV bag." a nurse politely informed him. He sniffled his tears back and smiled at her. 
"Ah, yes, thank you."
"How are you feeling this evening? Any nausea? Sensitivity to light? Ear ringing?" 
The nurse must've not known that Andy was a physician himself, he flashed her a grin and shook his head to all her questions. "Nope, I feel a lot better today, thank you."
She took off the cap of the new bag of fluid and attached it onto the dripper, "Where's the cute tall man that was always here with you?"
"Ah, he's out buying grapes. He should be back any minute now, you can stay and have some if you'd like."
"That's very kind of you Sunho-ssi, but I must decline."
Andy bit his lips, "Please, call me Andy" he smiled.
"Oh, okay Andy-ssi... Wait. Andy Lee? You're Andy Lee?" she asked in shock.
Andy looked at her with his eyes widened. "Do I know you?"
"You're Chairman Lees grandson. Cardiovascular surgeon, Andy Lee. The future successor of this hospital and all of its branches... I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you early, I'm so so sorry" She said with her head hanging down to her chest. 
"Woah, hey, I'm uhm. I'm just Andy. Nothing special, you don't have to treat me any differently than any other patient." 
She lifted her head and looked at him, "But I-"
Andy wiggles his finger in front of her face while seated on his bed, "Uh, no no, Just Andy, okay?"
"Okay..." she responded while she took his temperature. 
Junjin walked into the room announcing his entrance, "I know you said just to buy grapes, but then I saw these plump tangerines and the lollipop that you seem to like so much and I-" he saw the nurse in the room and immediately stopped talking. 
She giggled at him and made eye contact with Andy, "Ah yes, I'll be seeing myself out now, press the button if you need anything." 
Andy gave her a nod and watched as she left the room. Junjin embarrassed smiled at her as he hid his face into his hoodie. 
Andy reached out to him and took a tangerine, "Jinnie-ah, I said only to buy grapes, what is all this?"
"This is uhm... bid orange coloured grapes, uh, this is lollipop grapes... the is a new breed of grapes that taste and resemble squid jerky... uhm..." 
"You're so cute" Andy laughed as he popped a piece of fruit into his mouth. 
Junjin smiled from ear to ear, he took the package of grapes and brought to the bathroom to rinse, he came back into the room and Andy was video calling someone.
"Annnnnndyyyyyyy-ahhhhhhhhh" Minwoo was whining over the phone, Junjin placed the grapes down and snuggled beside Andy on the bed.
"Dongwan is being mean to meeeeeeee" Minwoo continued. 
" it up Hyung!" Junjin teased on the phone.
"Boys, I need you here in the ER with me, I'm so bored." 
"Oh is that Dr. Lee and Dr. Park?" they heard the head nurse ask Minwoo.
Minwoo panned the camera over and held it sideways so the nurses at the station could see.
"Oh, it is! Dr.Lee! Dr. Park! we miss you!"
Andy smiled and replied, "I miss you all too! We'll be back soon!" 
"Take your time Dr. Lee! Director Kim and the others are running things well here, it's just without our two mediators the boys end up fighting over little things, yesterday Dr. Jung called Dr. Mun an idiot in front of a patient."
Andy and Junjin broke out laughing, Minwoo panned the camera back to himself, "Okay, Hyung has to go, I'll try not to punch Dongwan, no promises though. See you later!" and he hung up. 
Junjin looked at Andy and added, "Well, at least the ER isn't on fire, right?"
"Right."