Hangover Stew

Come through

Hello! This one will be a shorter chapter rougly 1500 words, 500 words shorter then my usaul updates, but it I am brainstorming how I want to layout the next few chapters, it will probably be 2 days before I post another update! Thank you!


The sound of screaming echoed out of the karaoke machine in Minwoo's apartment. The 7 of them had gathered after leaving the OR to Dr. Hyun Taehak of the psychiatry department for the night, himself and a handful of residents could take care of it for a night. "Bogoooooshipda, Bogoooooooshipda", Junjin sang into the mic, "You know if we haven't chosen the path of medicine we could've made a killer boy band!" Eric shouted with a beer in hand, he continued, "We could be called. The Surgeons, and we sing and dance our way to heal people's wounds, Hyesung and Dongwan will be our vocals", he pointed to the two of them as the rest listened.  "No, Hyung I want to be vocals!" Junjin whined, placing the mic down he pranced onto of Eric and took him by the collar, "Hyung I want to be the vocalist!" he whined again, Minwoo had to rip him off of Eric, the room echoed with laughter. "No, No, Jinnie-ah, you will be our dancer with Minwoo" Eric used his lips to point at Minwoo who was mixing a glass of somaek (Beer+Soju). "Oh hell yeah, I'll get all the ladies with my sweet dance moves", Minwoo shouted. In reality, Lee Minwoo had two left feet, he could dance even if his life depended on it. "How about Andy?" Kyesang asked with amusement. "Andy will be paired with me and uhm... we could be the rappers", Eric stuttered, "Andy is going to be the cutest rapper on the market", Dongwan laughed as he reached for another beer only for his hand to be slapped away by Minwoo, "That's enough for you Dr. Kim, you just passed out a few days ago. You get to drink water from now on", Minwoo nagged like an annoying mother-in-law. Dongwan frowned and moved his seat next to Hyesung and secretly drank out of his glass. "What about Kyesang Hyung?" Andy asked Kyesang immediately shook his head, "I'll be your manager", he laughed. "No no, Kyesang will be in a rival group", Minwoo said, the room echoed with laughter. Eric had his arm wrapped around Hyesungs shoulder for some time now, Dongwan finally asked the age-old question, "So like, are you two dating again or what?", Hyesung then flung Eric's arm away, "It's complicated" he grunted, "Hyesungyie is mine", Eric chimed as he now wrapped both his arms around Hyesung and kissed his cheek. Junjin admired how openly affectionate Eric was and only wished he had 1/4 of the courage to kiss Andy. When the 7 of them sat in a circle to play card games Junjin scooched closer to Andy, taking every chance to offer skinship. He placed his hand on his lower back, he looped his arm with Andys, he played with Andys knee when it wasn't his turn. Andy just sat there nonchalant, letting Junjin play. 
Hyesung and Eric were the first to pass out, Hyesung fell asleep with his head on Eric's stomach. Minwoo ran into his bedroom and pulled out the blankets and pillows, it had become accustomed for them to sleepover together at Minwoos place so he stocked up on extra blanket and pillows. Minwoo tucked a pillow under Eric's head as Andy place the blanket on top of the two. Minwoo then looked around for Kyesang, he had a hunch that Kyesang had passed out in the bathtub like he always did, Minwoo grabbed a blanket and pillow and treaded to the bathroom. Long and behold there he was a 6'1 man curled up in Minwoos porcelain bathtub. Minwoo placed a pillow between his head and the hard surface and threw the blanket on top of him before going into the kitchen. "I think the 4 of us can squeeze onto my king-sized bed if you guys want", he told Dongwan and the two maknaes. "I can sleep on the futon", Junjin said, as he pointed to the ground, "and I'll take the couch" Andy yawned, "I guess it's just you and me again Minwoo-ah" Dongwan smiled. 
Dongwan flopped himself onto Minwoos bed, Minwoo proceed to flop next to him, he wrapped his arm around Dongwans waist, Dongwan felt his face burning up. He tried to take Minwoos arm off, Minwoo whined and slapped his stomach, "Quit moving, it's comfy like this" Minwoo murmured. Dongwan wrapped his free arm around Minwoos chest and pulled him into a hug, "It's most comfy like this", Dongwan whispered as he held Minwoo in his embrace, both men smiled and fell asleep. 
In the living room Junjin laid flat on the futon, he occasionally squirmed around as he couldn't sleep, Andy was curled up on the sofa half asleep when he heard Junjin pour a glass of water from the kitchen, "If it's too cold on the floor you can squeeze on to the couch", Andy said with his eyes still closed. "No no, it's okay, I'm fine on the floor", Junjin said half-heartedly. Andy grunted as he got off the sofa and dragged the other man back with him, "Don't be stubborn Dr. Park sleep." Andy pushed Junjin onto the sofa, not realizing that Junjins built was taller and broader there was now no space for Andy, Andy laid on top of the futon and curled into the blanket, he was about to fall asleep when he felt someone pulling him into a spooning position from behind, "It's cold down here, just let me hold you as you sleep" Junjin whispered into Andys ears, Andy felt his heart almost pounded out of his chest, he didn't respond and pretended to be asleep.
The following morning Kyesang was the first to be awake, he went into the kitchen to get some water as he took an aspirin. He saw Eric and Hyesung still sleeping, their position unchanged. He then glanced over to Andy and Junjin they were holding onto each other with Andys head-on Junjins shoulder, even in his sleep Junjin is smiling, Kyesang could not help, but smile as well. He then went to check on the last couple, Dongwan had somehow ended up on the floor with his cheek blue to the hardwood floor, the man giggled. Kyesang stepped into the kitchen and took out a pan and spatula for the next 30 seconds he proceeded to slap the pan, causing a commotion and woke everyone up, groans echoed the apartment. "Kyesang-ah 5 more minutes", Junjin pleaded. "Hurry up, get up! Let's go get breakfast!" Kyesang ripped the blanket off Eric and Hyesung causing Eric to pull the other man in further into him, Hyesung kicked him across the room. 
Kyesang waited until the six of them slowly got up and washed up before heading out of the door. They went to the restaurant that they always frequented when they finished a night's worth of heavy drinking. 
"Oh, it's you, boys, again! Drinking on a weekday?", the owner laughed at them. "It's the only time that we have together", Minwoo replied. 
"The usual please!" Andy ordered, the owner nodded and disappeared into the kitchen. "How do you think things are going back in the ER?", Hyesung asked.
[Meanwhile at the ER]
Taehak is busy running around shuffling in between patients and sending out orders to the residents. It seems like the man could not catch a break. 
[Back at restrant] 
7 bubbling pots of hangover stew were slid in front of them with a vast array of side dishes that presented on the table. Junjin took a quick sip from his soup and immediately regretted it as it burnt his tongue, Andy was quick to pass a glass of water to Junjin and patted the man's back, "No ones chasing after you, slow down", Dongwan laughed, he then burnt his tongue on the next bite, Andy gave him the [you deserved it] glare and slid him a glass of water as well. The 7 of them ate quietly for the next few moments, enjoying the time to themselves. "So? Any plans after this?", Eric asked, "Kyesang and I are going furniture shopping", Minwoo replied, they were actually going to purchase goods for the upcoming birthday party. "Jinnie?", Eric looked at him. "I'm going to clean my apartment and probably reorganize my closet," Junjin replied as he picked up some kimchi on his chopsticks, placing it on Andys bowl. "I have a meeting with Halmoni (grandma) in the late afternoon and then I have a shift at the hospital. Hyesung you are on tonight as well right?", Andy asked. Hyesung nodded and gave Andy a high five. "Dongwan?" Eric looked at him, "Hmmm, I don't know, I have not planned anything yet", Dongwan truthfully answered, "You and me, let's go play pool", Eric suggested. "Sure, sounds fun", Dongwan poked at his bowl, something was on his mind.