With or Without

Come through

Directly continuing from Chapter 22

Junjin pounced out of the taxi and ran through the bright halls, he ran so fast that he almost knocked over the janitor's cart. He appeared in front of the ICU room and saw doctors and nurses flood the room, the machine that was reading Andys vitals was flatlining, the doctor whom he met in the ER the night it all went south was on top of Andy performing CPR, Andys frail hand was dangling off of the bed. 

"24, 25, 26, pulse check", he reached his hand over to Andys neck to check for a pulse. 

"V-Fib" 

"1, 2, 3, 4, Shock again." 

Junjin watched as a nurse cranked up the defibrillator. 

"All clear! Shock!" The room then paused waiting for a response. 

"Continue compressions." 

A nurse turned around and saw Junjin peering in from the window, she ran out and explained the situation to him. 

"Dr. Park. Dr. Lee was awake briefly this morning, he opened his eyes and asked where you were, not long after he fell into Ventricular fibrillation (when the heart quivers instead of pumping due to disorganized electrical activity in the ventricles. It is a type of cardiac arrhythmia.)" she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I want to help, please let me help," he begged her.

"I'm so sorry Dr. Park, it's best if you stayed out here, we are doing the best that we can." 

Junjin simply nodded and watched as she ran back into the room. 

"Keep pushing 1ml of epinephrine every 2 minutes," The doctor said as he continued with compressions. 

A few minutes later Hyesung bolted down the corridor with the rest of the gang behind him. 

"Jinnie? What's going on?" Hyesung panted, he was bent down with his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath, Eric was quick to pat him on the back to calm him down, Dongwan and Minwoo were already gathering information at the nurse's station. 

"Our Andy is going to be just fine, he's going to be better than fine, he'll be great, he'll be out of here soon and we can go to the gelato place in Jamsil and get mango gelato. Andy and I are going to go eat mango gelato next Sunday, right Hyung?" Junjin babbled as was laughing to himself. 

Hyesung his back and nodded his head, he watched as the room will with panic and anxiety. 

The Doctor that was doing chest compressions suddenly stopped and hung his head, the look of someone who was about to give up. 

Junjin glanced at him and picked up the situation, we immediately bolted into the room, he pushed the staff out of his way began CPR again. 

"Dr. Park. It's been more than 30 minutes. Please." The young doctor tried to persuade him to give up. 

Junjin didn't listen, he clasped his two hands together as tight as he could above his head and landed multiple blows on Andys chest, desperate to gain any signs of life. The rest of the members ran into the room, Dongwan fell to his knees in tears. 

"God, please. Please don't do this to me. I just lost a brother, I can't lose another one, please" he sobbed as Minwoo tried to help him off the ground. 

Hyesung couldn't watch any longer, he turned around and sobbed into Eric's chest, Eric placed his hand on the back of his head and held him tight. 

Junjin was panting from exhaustion. "Lee Sunho, I know you can ing hear me okay? You stubborn little , better wake the up right now," he muttered in between compressions. After the 6th or 7th set he raised his voice, "COME ON ANDY! PLEASE! I haven't had enough time to love you yet, please let me love you. I don't want to grow old without you! If you're going... I'm GOING WITH YOU!" he was now extremely out of breathing. 

Eric grabbed an ampoule of EPI and pushed it into Andys IV, praying with all his might that something might happen. Eric watched as Junjin picked up the defibrillator and cranked it up to the highest setting possible.

"Clear... Shock!" They watched as Andys body bounced on the bed. "Again, charge... Shock!" 

...

...

...

beep

beep

beep

They couldn't believe their eyes. Dongwan ran over and performed a pulse check. "He's back... Our Andy is back!"

Junjin collapsed onto the ground, bringing down an entire supplies cart with him, he had tears streaming down his face, but he was smiling. Minwoo went over and helped him up, he placed one of Junjins arm around his shoulder for support. 

*GASP* 

The Monitors were beeping out of control, Andy was awake and he was in distress from shock. The doctor at the main branch headed to the bed,

"Lee Sunho-ssi, try to hold your breath, you are currently on a ventilator which is why you are experiencing discomfort breathing, I need you to blink twice if you understand?"

Andy blinked. 

"Great, I'm now going to extract the ventilation tube and put you on an oxygen mask, try to take deep breaths." The doctor then proceeded to remove the tubing and placed an oxygen mask over Andys delicate face. 

"Nurse, I need blood work and toxin levels check stat." He instructed the nurse, he then moved to the other side of the bed to listen to Andys chest sounds.

Junjin stood in the corner of the room, he shook Minwoo off and inched closer and closer to the bed with every breath, he saw the fog that Andys breathe was leaving on the plastic mask, he then saw his precious Andy make eye contact with him, Junjin knelt beside the bed and placed a hand on Andys forehead, he tried so hard to not breakdown crying in front of him. 

"Welcome back sleepyhead" he choked on his tears. "I thought you almost left me for a second, everything is going to be okay, mmkay? We're gonna fix you up and you'll feel a whole lot better, mmkay?" Junjin grasped his hands with Andys, he felt Andy ever so gently squeeze his hand, he smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead. 

The next 5 hours consisted of numerous testing, bags of IV cocktails and a lot of pacing back and forth, but finally, they received some good news. 

"Dr. Park, we got the lab results back, blood work looks good, liver function test is not the best, but it is significantly better than the past couple of days, toxins are now out of his system. We should see a significant improvement of his condition within 48 hours." the doctor explained everything to Junjin, he then left for the guys to have some alone time with Andy. Junjin slowly opened the door not wanting to wake the younger man, Andy was no longer using the large plastic oxygen mask, instead, he was using the nostril tubes. The nurse had prepared 5 chairs in the room. They ever so quietly sat down and watched Andy sleep, Junjin rested his head next to Andys hand, he suddenly felt a sensation and looked up to find Andy looking at him. 

"...Andy" Junjin whispered. The others all perked up from their seats. 

Andy tried to talk, his voice was coarse and deep, almost inaudible.

"J- Jinnie ah...Are... you okay?" 

Dongwan laughed out loud when he heard, "Ya, babo-ah, you died and came back to life, you should be worried about yourself right now."

Andy simply rolled his eyes at Dongwan's remark. "Dd- Don't cry... are you okay?" Andy asked, this time his voice was a little louder.

Junjin stared at him into the eyes, he was frozen like a statue, he had not heard Andys voice in more than a week and the first thing he hears is Andy asking if he was okay. Junjin cleared his throat and quickly turned around to wipe his tears, "Uhm- Yeah Andy-ah, I'm- I'm okay." 

"...Good. Wh- why are you all dressed in black? Did... you come from a funeral?" Andy asked as he tried to sit up to take a closer look at his hyungs.

The room remained silent. Andy squeezed Junjins hand. "Where's... Kyesang Hyung?" 

Junjin wasn't answering his question so he shifted his eyes to Hyesung, he bit his lips and looked away. Andy looked towards Eric and Minwoo, they only gazed back into his eyes, but did not offer an answer to his question. 

"Hyung... Where's Kyesang?" Andy asked Dongwan. 

Dongwan shifted his chair closer and placed a hand on Andys leg, "Andy-ah, Kyesang is no longer with us."

As his that was the magic phrase the tears that Junjin had been trying so hard to hold in suddenly burst from his eye sockets, he placed his face onto the bed and began sobbing. 

Andy stared at Dongwan, unmoving for a minute and looked away, as if he was trying to process his thoughts. 

"Oh..."


Notes: Short little update just get the ideas flowing and to give you all some assurance that Andy is okay. I had to go to the ER last night, because I woke up to my eyes being on fire... The ER doctor that was assisting was exactly how I wrote Kyesang to be like, he gestures, his attitude, humour and professionalism, it was so funny to me. But anyways, I've become unexpectantly busier nowadays so I won't be able to update as frequently as before :( 

I hope you all have a great day!