January 21st

Come through

Authours note: Hello everyone! I've got some spare time on my hand so I've been writing alot, if you'd like you can subscribe to get the latest updates. I've already started to tie ends together to wrap up the story, thank you!

The snowy season has begun to melt away, the city was accompanied by constant rain. Dongwan raised his blinds in the office to admire the heavy pitter-patter on the window, someone came knocking on Dongwans door, "Director Kim, Chairman Lee is here to see you", a nurse had informed him, he stood from his seat, he didn't even have the time to compose himself as he watched her enter his office, he gave a 90-degree bow and held his hand out, "Chairman Lee, what bring the honour?", he smiled as she took a seat by his desk, Dongwan gave a nod to the nurse for her to close the door behind her. The chairman stared at Dongwan up and down, "Director Kim, I am a woman of business so let me get straight to the point. Vincent is getting released from prison tomorrow. As you know the board had already withdrawn his medical licence. He will not let this go lightly. I guess my visit to you today serves as a warning if Vincent Lee were to execute any plans of revenge, know very well that it has nothing to do with me or my organization, nor can I do anything to stop him.", she heaved a heavy sigh and looked at Dongwan, "I also want you to persuade Andy to come back to the main hospital, with my second son and Vincent gone, I now only have Andy to take over the hospital. I need you to find a way to bring him back, but only him." She stood up and gave a pat on Dongwans shoulder, "I understand Chairman, but I don't think I can persuade Andy to follow you", Dongwan tried to oppose, "Make it work, Director Kim", She said as she left. Dongwan slammed his fist on the table, just as they were forgetting about all the troubles Vincent has brought them the past few months he emerges again. 
Minwoo walks into Dongwan's office and questions why the door was wide open, "Hey, Woah, you seem pissed. Should I come back later?" Minwoo held his hands in front of him, Dongwan shot him a glare, "Great timing, you just missed the chairman." he scoffed, Minwoo slapped his palm on his forehead, "Are you kidding me? What is it this time?" Dongwan plopped down onto his seat, "She wants Andy back the main branch, you know I can't do that." Dongwan explained, leaving out the bit of Vincent since he didn't want the others to worry. "I'm sure we can work something out, maybe Erics parents can put in a good word" Minwoo suggested. "Yeah, maybe." Dongwan took a sip out of his mug. Minwoo then inched closer towards him, "Hey babe, it's going to be fine, look how about after work we hit the sauna and then after the sauna we can go back to your place and uhm- cuddle", he winked. Dongwan had finally lifted his lips and smiled. "Cuddling sounds good", he chuckled. 

Andy was in the middle of a Coronary angioplasty and stent implantation surgery for father who just came in after passing out at the office due to a heart attack, he carefully placed the stent in the coronary artery and looked over to the screen, "Release bypass" he ordered. "How is he?" he asked the anesthesiologist, "Stable", she replied, "Great, let's close 'em up, irrigation and forceps." Andy then closed incision and scrubbed out, Kyesang was standing outside the ER waiting for Andy, "So birthday boy, we know that you don't celebrate it, but we booked a table at Seoul's most popular Sushi restaurant and it just so happens to be booked for tonight at 8 pm." Kyesang wrapped his arm around Andys shoulder, "I already asked Taehak to watch the ER, I have some 4th years on rotation tonight and told them to call us only for absolute emergencies, you're coming." Kyesang continued. Andy flicked his arm off and took off his protective clothing while smirking at Kyesang, "I'll come, but no presents, no singing, no confetti, and make sure I get home in a timely matter I have reports to write in the morning", Andy said. Kyesang followed him to the lounge where Andy took off his surgical scrubs to pull on his regular ones, Kyesang couldn't help but notice the scars on Andy. "Andy-ah, do you still have shortness of breath when you get worked up? Do you ever experience pain in the lower left chest quadrant when you deeply inhale?" Kyesang asked like an annoying mother, Andy threw his dirty laundry at his face, "No Dr. Yoon, it's been a no for the last 39 times that you've asked this month and it will continue to be a no, I will tell you if something isn't right okay?" Andy told him, his voice stern. Kyesang threw the laundry into the hamper, "I know, I know, just making sure, you know how you are, you're stoic as hell and won't speak up until the last minute or you won't say anything at all, call me paranoid if you have to, but Andy I'm just worried." Kyesang nagged. Andy walked towards him and patted him on the shoulder and laughed, "I know Hyung and I'm grateful, but if you continue at this pace I just might have to address you as ahjussi" Andy stated before heading to the ER. 

Minwoo was in the ER with Junjin, "Hyung, how do I spice things up in the bedroom?", Junjin suddenly asked Minwoo causing him to spit out his coffee, the nurses were now staring at him, he looked at them and apologized, "Jin-ah, you can't just ask me that in public", Minwoo said as he wiped his coat, "but if I must tell you, if you wanna spice things up experiment with ice cubes" Minwoo winked, Junjin twisted his face in confusion, "Ice cubes?", Minwoo laughed when he saw his adorable face, "Yes, no more questions from you that are not work-related" Minwoo fussed, Eric then came strutting down the hall, "Good afternoon gentlemen, anything special happens this morning?", Eric asked as he went over charts, "Not really, we had a student come in with a stomach ache, a twisted ankle and a really exciting appendicitis", Junjin reported back. "Eric, while you are here can you help me sign the rest of these charts my hand is starting to cramp, my signature isn't that hard to forge," Minwoo said as he handed a stack to Eric, "It's a felony to forge signatures of official governments, Minwoo", Eric sneered. Minwoo slapped him on the head with some papers, "Ignore him Hyung, he's just agitated, Minwoo hasn't had any ortho patients", Junjin told Eric as he shot a smile to Minwoo. "Oh, Jin-ah, are you planning anything special for Andys birthday today?" Eric asked, "Andy doesn't celebrate his birthday," Junjin answered, his mood suddenly dropped. "Did he tell you the reason?" Minwoo asked. "I mean he mentioned it once when he was drunk, Andy said that his Grandma has taken him away to Seoul on his 12th birthday, his mom got into a car accident and passed away the next day trying to get him back," Junjin said in a lower tone of voice. The three of them then looked at the floor their mood had definitely declined. The sudden phone call to the ER had saved them from the silence. They stood on their toes waiting for the new of oncoming casualties, they all looked at her with anticipation in their eyes, "Someone was calling for our hours", the nurse said, Minwoo there his stack of papers onto the table, "It's an ER! It's 24 hours for christ's sake!" Minwoo shouted causing the nurse and both the doctors to snicker

The night at the ER had finally come to an end, Hyesung had come down from the Pediatrics department to meet the guys. Hyesung opened the door to the lounge to find Eric sleeping by the window sill, Junjin sleeping on his lap and Minwoo was hugging onto Junjins legs. Andy was over at the desk on his laptop, he made eye contact with Hyesung and placed his finger on his lips, "Let them nap for 10 more minutes Hyung, it's only half-past six" Andy whispered, Hyesung nodded and slowly closed the door behind him, "Happy birthday to our Andy!" Hyesung whispered Andy smiled cheek to cheek. Hyesung quietly opened his locker and changed back into his sweater vest, the door suddenly slammed open and Dongwan loudly announced his arrival, "Oh my gosh, I have never had to sit in a 3 hours conference call before in my life! Never am I doing that again!" he shouted, waking up the three sleeping by the window. Dongwan assessed the situation and realized he woke them up, "Oh, sorry kids I didn't know you still take 6 pm naps." he commented. "It's okay Wannie, where is Kyesang?" Minwoo asked as he rubbed his eyes. 
"Right behind him," Kyesang said as he appeared behind the door, already dressed and ready to go. "Come on, let's go get some coffee for them before we head out, we have a long night ahead of us", Kyesang suggested. 
The seven of them ended up at the local Ediya coffee shop, Eric and Hyesung went to go make the orders, and of course, Hyesung paid for it all. Eric carefully made his way to the table with two drink trays and placed the drinks down in front of them, Hyesung came behind him, hiding something behind his back. When he got to the table Hyesung placed a slice of cake in front of Andy, "I know you don't like to celebrate, but cake is cake, it's the one day where you can enjoy a slice without any judgement about calories and transfats", Hyesung explained as he lit the candle. Andy blushed and looked away from Hyesung, "No singing, Andy is going to rip my spleen out if you all start singing", Kyesang quickly added. They watched as Andy closed his eyes to make his wish, he wished that the Hyungs stay happy and healthy, he wished that Junjin was going to stay by his side forever and he wished that the seven of them stayed together forever, he then blew out the candle, they suddenly all pranced on top of Andy and gave him pecks on the cheek. "Okay, okay, that's enough come one, let's go, or we are going to miss our reservation" Hyesung stated. 
They made it in time to the restaurant, they ate, they drank, to think about it, they probably drank more then they ate. It wasn't even midnight yet and they were all wasted, well except for Dongwan. Dongwan poked at the salad that was in front of him and took a sip out of his bottle of beer, he glanced over to the pile of mess that was next to him. Kyesang had his shirt ed, Eric was mumbling something about the brain, Minwoo and Junjin are outside having a cigarette, Hyesung had just leaped out of his seat to go join them, and Andy was staring right back at Dongwan. "What is it Hyung?" Andy asked while pouring a shot. "It's nothing Andy" Dongwan smiled and took the shot Andy had just poured. "I just have a lot on my mind lately, you know as Director and all" Dongwan had another shot. Andy stood up from his seat and wrapped his arms around the older man. "You've worked hard, Hyung," Andy whispered to him. The others came back from their smoke break and Junjin ran to Andy and ripped him off of Dongwan, "Sunho is mine, Dr. Kim!" he threw a drunken tantrum. Andy chuckled and placed his hand on Junjin's chest. "Calm down, just chill", He handed a glass of water to Junjin who was not as red as a beet. 
As the night went on they had finally decided to call a cab home, Junjin was holding the door for Andy to enter. He didn't know if it was the eery January night or all the thriller movies Junjin watches in his downtime, but he felt as if someone was watching them, he looked back and forth, he saw the others getting into their cab, no one else was on the street. "Jinnie, hurry up. Let's go home!", Andy whined, he was sticking his head out the window. Junjin shot him a smirk, "Coming, sweetie." He looked back one last time, he just couldn't shake the feeling off his shoulders.