Family night

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

"Changmin-shi, what's the matter? What happened?" I asked.

"Get out!" He yelled at me. But it seemed like he managed to calm down while sitting on his bed.

"No. At least let me bandage up your hand." I noticed the first aid kit in the cabinet and got it out. But he stubbornly refused to let me touch him.

"I'm clean. I don't have any germs." I said, remembering he was concerned with other people's germs.

"Just go! You're so annoying." He growled and glared.

"Let me bandage your hand first," I said sternly.

I guess he was surprised to see me being strict because he reluctantly held his hand out.

"Good boy," I said softly, like I would when Yoojin would listen to me. When Changmin heard it, he gave me a weird look. I pretended to say nothing and applied ointment to the cuts. After I bandaged it, Changmin thanked me.

"Thank you, now go away before I make you." He murmured.

"Okay." I left the room and went downstairs to see Taecyeon comforting the kids.

"you-ah! Gwenchana? Who's up there? You're not hurt, right?" Taecyeon kept on asking.

"I'm fine. The boss just had a tantrum. Something must have happened. Everything's okay now. Yeonmi, I can't believe you listened to your brother. You're older. Why did you have to call him?"

"I'm only 2 minutes older, and I like Appa! Unlike that ahjussi, he scares me." Yeonmi replied.

"Taecyeon, how did you find the house? Yeonmi wouldn't know the address."

"She told me it was the biggest white house near the park. Our daughter is brilliant, just like me." He bragged.

"Whatever. Well, you can go now. I have to clean up this mess. Aigoo, I just cleaned this house a few hours ago."

"Want me to help? It's the least I can do since I'm here anyway." Taecyeon offered.

"No, it's okay. I got the twins to help me."

"I want Appa to help us!" Yoojin shouted.

That caused Changmin to come down, and it was instantly awkward. He looked at us, said, "Quiet down your kid." and went to the kitchen.

"That's your boss?" Taecyeon asked. I nodded, and Taecyeon made a face at him when he went back upstairs. The twins laughed, and Taecyeon smiled.

"Our kids are so cute." He said. 

"You shouldn't even say 'our' considering the fact that you didn't take care of them," I muttered to myself.

"Hey! How about we clean later? Let's go out to eat."

"Let me make dinner for the boss first," I said. Minho was out with Key and his group, so I made ramen for Changmin.

"Changmin-shi! Your food is ready. I'm going out to eat. Tell Minho that so he won't count it as a strike." I shouted.

"Whatever. Just go." He yelled back.

I only went because the kids were excited about it. So we went to wherever the kids wanted to go, and we happened to go to the restaurant that Min-Rae Unnie had taken us to before.

While we were there, I happened to see Taerin with Dongho. I waved hi to them and went back to order the food.

"I'm paying, so you don't have to worry about the bill," Taecyeon told me.

"No. That wouldn't be right. I don't want people to keep on paying for me."

"Then why don't you guys just share the pay?" Yoojin suggested.

"Our son's smart too! Araso, we'll do that and split it."

The kids ordered the same meals they had last time. I had some galbi jim (braised short ribs) with rice and kimchi. Taecyeon had some coconut shrimp with fried rice.

After we were done and paid, I thought we would go home, but I was wrong. Yoojin wanted to go to the arcade to get some toys, and Taecyeon obeyed his command.

But I had a fun time. I played DDR while Taecyeon was trying to win a stuffed animal for Yeonmi and a Spongebob Squarepants toy for Yoojin. I got plenty of tickets, which helped them get what they wanted. I felt like a teenager again playing these games and having fun. But I know the memories of being a teenager will never return to me. Not after I had the twins. 

 But now that I saw the twins next to Taecyeon, they didn't look like their dad. I thought about that dream again and tried to figure out whose face that could have been. I hated that it bothered me so much.

I snapped out of my thoughts when Yeonmi and Yoojin shouted, "Omma! Appa fainted!" 

"Omona, Taecyeon! Wake up!" I gently slapped his face, but there was no response.

I didn't know what to do, so we went to the hospital. While we were there, I thought of doing a DNA test with Taecyeon and the twins. I had to make sure. That dream could be telling me something.

------------------------

Changmin's point of view

I sighed as I finished eating the ramen. It was simple instant ramen with an egg and some veggies, but it was better than nothing.

I thought about the maid wondering how she was able to talk to me like that, no one has done so before. I looked at the mess I made and decided to clean it since I overheard that I destroyed what the maid worked on so hard before.

It was to repay for bandaging my hand. I still don't know why I made such a big deal about HER. Not my MOTHER, but HER, Yeonhee.