Misunderstanding

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

We arrived at a fancier restaurant than Red Ocean. It was called Cassiopeia. We had a reserved spot, and we could see the ocean from where we sat. The sun was setting, and it looked magnificent. I was in absolute awe. Nature is so amazing. 

"Wow, Omma, that's pretty!" Yeonmi exclaimed.

"Just like Omma!" Yoojin shouted. I smiled at them.

"I agree with you." I could hear Changmin whisper to him. *Yeah, I'm pretty sure I blushed.* I mentally hit myself.

"Okay, what are we gonna eat?" Changmin was looking at the menu when Minho yelled, "Omma!"

I turned around and noticed a woman who looked like Minho. She was a little shorter than him, had a great figure, a pixie cut, and a gorgeous dress. She looked nice.

"Oh, this is my wife. Honey, this is Changmin's girlfriend, you ."

"Oh, nice to meet you! You can call me Auntie."

"Nice to meet you too." I expressed happily.

The food arrived, and we all dug in. However, the twins and Changmin kept on eating and eating messily. Now that I think about it, even the way they ate was the same. *What if he was the father?* I shook my head. *Nah, that's impossible. How could a cold guy like him be the adorable twins' dad? It's not like we met before I started the job.*

"What are you thinking about, you?" Minho asked me.

"It's nothing," I mumbled and sipped my Coke.

"So you, I take it that you didn't finish high school?" Their dad asked. I shook my head.

"Well, do you plan on going to finish it?" He questioned.

"Not any time soon. I have my kids to care for, plus this job is more than enough." I replied honestly.

"Aigoo.... you're only 19, but you work so hard." Auntie sighed. 

"So Omma, you said you got us presents?" Minho asked.

"Oh yeah, I know it's three weeks late, but happy late birthday!" She gave a present to Changmin.

"Thank you." He smiled at her. "Go ahead and open it!" It turned out to be a family portrait of the four of them.

"Awww, that's sweet!" I murmured.

"Omma, we should make one with Appa!" Yoojin said loud enough for the others to hear.

"Appa? I thought you said you didn't know who the father was." Ahjussi said. The twins gave me a confused look. But Yeonmi, the smart little girl she was, said, "We call him Appa because he acts like one." Changmin was appalled but refrained from saying anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator

At that moment, you heard someone yell "What do you mean he acts like one?" You turned around in horror to see Taecyeon glaring at Changmin.

"And who is this?" Auntie asked.

"Umm, a friend. Excuse me." You took Taecyeon outside, knowing he was going to start yelling. You wondered how he knew you had been there or if it was just a coincidence.

"You better explain to me what the hell is going on." He fumed in anger.

You sighed."Oppa, you're misunderstanding what's happening." You took a deep breath, getting ready to tell the whole story.

"Well my boss asked me if I could pretend to be his girlfriend and since I couldn't say no, I accepted. He didn't want to marry a girl he didn't love. So he introduced me to his parents today. I don't like lying to them but this is a job."

"So why are you? Why are the kids involved with this? What's up with the twins calling him Appa? That's supposed to be me!"

"I know. I'm sorry. I should have told you earlier. But since I'm pretending that I'm dating Changmin, the kids agreed and said they would call Changmin Appa so his parents wouldn't be suspicious. "

"Whatever. I'll just text you later." He said before he headed off angry and sad.

You felt sorry for him but since he wasn't the father, you shouldn't have felt sorry. You went back inside to find out that Changmin and the twins actually bonding.

------------------------------------------------

Changmin's point of view

I supposed kids aren't that bad. I got along with the twins but I noticed that Yeonmi had the same smile as me. Her eyes were uneven. But it must have been a coincidence. Oboji and Minho's mom were paying for the food and Minho was in the restroom. As I was talking to the kids, I noticed you came back.

"So you explained everything to him?"

"Yep." She nodded as she sat back down in her seat.

"What are you going to do about 'the father?' I whispered father to her so the twins wouldn't hear. 

"I don't know. I'll probably give up on looking for him. It's impossible for me to find out. I wouldn't know where to start. " you sighed.

"Omma! Can we play the arcade games?" Yoojin asked. you gave them the money and we made sure we could still see them.

"Don't say impossible. You never know, you might find him." I stated.

"But how can I find him if he's a total stranger?"

"Does that mean you had a one night stand with someone you didn't know?" I remarked. you sighed again.

"I don't know. Taecyeon and I were at the club and I mistook vodka as water and drank it. I must have been drunk because the next thing I knew, I was in a hotel bed right next to Taecyeon."

"That's really weird. How could he not be the father then? Unless... someone planned it." That was all I said before I heard the voice of the girl Minho loved.

"Oppa! Who the hell is she? Is she the reason why you canceled the engagement?" Sulli shouted.

The next thing I saw was Sulli slapped you right in front of me, and man was I pissed.