I'm not going with you

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

"Umm..." was all I could say before Changmin explained, "She's my girlfriend that I was going to introduce to you."

I nodded and introduced myself quickly. "Then who are these kids?" He looked at Yeonmi and Yoojin.

"They're her kids," Minho said. He was brutally honest. He couldn't lie. The look on Changmin's face said, "We're screwed."

"Well, it looks like you guys are leaving. Stay here so we can talk." Changmin's dad told me.

"Let me send the twins to daycare first, abeonim." Changmin was surprised to hear me say father-in-law, but I wasn't sure how else to address him.

I contacted Taerin instead of Min-Rae because I realized that Min-Rae was working. I took them there and hurried back to the house. 

"So your name is you?" I nodded and sat down on the couch.

"That's weird, though. Changmin, you hate kids, don't you? How come you're dating a girl who had twins? Unless... they're your kids." Changmin's father looked him dead in the eye, a very stoic look on his face.

We gasped, surprised that he would even think of such a thing.  "What are you talking about?"

I couldn't visualize Changmin being the kids' dad. It was hard to imagine. But now that I thought about it, their mouths looked similar. I then realized that when he smiled, he smiled exactly like Yeonmi. Her eyes would be uneven like his, too... and when he threw a tantrum before, it reminded me of Yoojin. *What the heck am I thinking? It's just a coincidence.*

"No way. Honestly, I don't know who the father of my kids is." I told the truth. Changmin looked at me, but I ignored him. 

"Really?" He glanced at Changmin, but he had a poker face on. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I bet his dad thought I was a 'loose girl' if I didn't know who the dad was.

"You're willing to date her even though she has kids?" Changmin forced himself to say yes. I felt horrible lying to his dad like this. Saying we were dating and whatnot.

"How old are you, you?" He asked me.

"I'm 19," I replied.

"Omo, you're the same age as Sulli." He exclaimed. Changmin rolled his eyes, and Minho zoned out, being awkward.

"So what do your parents do?" I suddenly had a blank expression. Changmin and Minho didn't know about my parents either. 

"They used to own a company named Park and Co. They sold insurance. But then they had a car accident and passed away... They were in debt, so the house was taken away. I had to move in with my friend." I started to say. I was going to tell the truth, whether Changmin approved or not.

"Omo, I remember that Park and Co. eventually collapsed. So that was the reason. I'm sorry for your loss. Why didn't you tell us earlier?" Minho said.

"You never asked," I said casually.

"Why don't you just live here? There are six rooms in total here. I designed the house myself."

"Omo, that's amazing, abeonim. But to tell you the truth, I already do live here."

"Wait a second. Are you the latest live-in maid? That's surprising. So you're dating your boss. That's funny, actually." His dad still believed the fact we were dating. Changmin gave me a look that said, 'Don't talk anymore. I'll do the talking.'

"Yes, she is. It's been three months since she's been here, but I fell for her." Changmin was good at lying. I was only here for three and a half weeks. Plus, he wouldn't fall for me.

"I see. Well, why do you like her?"

"I like her because she's honest, she's kind, she's hardworking, and she's a great mother. Not to mention, she's also very beautiful even though she's had kids." It looked like he was telling the truth as he was looking right at me, making me self-conscious. I almost blushed again.

"What about you, you? Why do you like Changmin?"

I decided to tell the truth. "At first, I thought he was a mean and cold person. But getting to know him better, he works hard at what he does and never wastes food. He's also very handsome, and his smile is charming. He can be polite once in a while too."

"So, how long have you guys been dating?" Man, his dad asked too many questions.

"Two months," Changmin replied smoothly.

"Then have you guys considered marriage?"

"What? We've only been together two months, and you want us to get married already?" The two of us had surprised looks on our faces.

------------------

Changmin's point of view

"Sure. you's a keeper." Oboji whispered to me.

"Then you're canceling the arranged marriage right?" I asked, with high hopes.

"Sure. Honestly, I think you here is better than Sulli. I bet if Sulli married you, she would whine and cling to you all the time, plus she would spend all your money on shopping."

"Dad, you don't know that. She could be a nice wife." Minho tried to defend her. 

"Then maybe you can marry her." He told him and I could see Minho's cheeks turning red.

"I'm going back to my room." Minho muttered and then left after patting you on the shoulder like he was telling her good job.

"Let's discuss more later. I'm still having jet lag."

"Araso." I said and he went to his room. 

"Changmin-sshi, I feel really bad for doing this to your dad." 

"Don't worry. As soon as he goes to his next business trip, we'll go back to normal." I told her. She just bit her lip and murmured, "What you said about me... was it true? Because what I said about you was."

I slightly nodded before I left her alone in the living room. It was weird talking to her now. After finding out her parents died, I realized how hard you's life must have been. I didn't want to make it worse by ignoring her all the time so I decided I would actually get to know her and be more respectful towards her. I just hoped she won't be like the other girls.

----------------

Narrator

You were reading a text message from RiRin and SangHee. They said that Taecyeon wanted to meet you at the park. His phone ran out of battery so he asked them to do it since they were there earlier.

You went to Minho's room asking for permission and he said yes. You went to the park to see Taecyeon sitting at the swings. He was just slowly moving, at a steady pace. You sat next to him and he started to talk.

"Have you made your decision yet?"

You knew you couldn't stay with him since he wasn't the twins' dad. You would feel too guilty not being able to tell him. And you didn't want to go with him in the first place so you claimed,

"Sorry Oppa, I'm not going with you."

"What? Why not?"

"I think it'll be okay if I continue to work as a maid. It's not as bad as you think. I don't have a maid uniform so that's even better. Plus the twins has taken a liking to Minho. Oh yeah, I never called you to talk about their bedtimes." You were getting ready to scold him. "How come you let them stay up so late? You do realize they're only three years old right? You probably didn't let them take naps either."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. But if that's the reason, then I'll change. To be a better dad to them."

"Just don't. They'll be staying with me. You can visit if you want."

"But if you ever change your mind, be sure to tell me."

"I'm pretty sure I won't." You told him. You waved bye and went back home, feeling a pang of guilt for not telling him the truth. but it wasn't time yet.

-------------------

Your point of view

By the time I went home, it was almost 5:00 p.m. so I decided to pick the twins up.

"Hey Unnie. Picking the twins up?" Taerin greeted me.

"Yes. Thanks for taking care of them and I'm so sorry it was last minute." Thankfully I was able to pay some of the money back to her now.

"It's okay. Well, see you some other time. I have a date with Dongho."

"Araso. Have fun!"

Since Changmin's dad was there, I decided to tell the kids I was playing make believe.

"Guys, I'm going to pretend that I'm dating Ahjussi araso?"

"Wae? What about Appa?" Yeonmi asked. I wondered when I should tell them the truth too.

"Like I said, it's just pretend. Minho's dad was there remember? You have to pretend that ahjussi is nice to you, araso?"

"Okay, but you taught us that lying was bad." Yoojin whined.

"It's not lying. It's pretending. Be on your best behaviors while ahjusshi's dad is here."

"Okay Mommy. Let's go home now. We're getting hungry." Both of them said.

We went home seeing Changmin and Minho in suits. Their dad was too. It looked like we were going out to eat at a nice restaurant. I changed into a dress and dressed the twins nicely too.

As we were outside, I heard ahujsshi tell the kids to call him harabuji. The twins accepted and seemed to like him. I looked at Changmin and he smiled at me again. I swear, if he did that one more time, I would blush like a tomato.