Changmin Oppa

Fated to Be Together

 Your point of view

We went home, got an ice pack from the freezer, and put it on my cheek. I kept on thinking about who Yeonhee was. I know I heard him say her name the other day when he was sleeping, but this time, I had a vague yet nostalgic feeling. 

"Changmin. What's Yeonhee's last name?" I asked him, forgetting to be formal.

"Lee. Does that mean you might know her?"

"I'm just trying to remember if I know her." I kept thinking and thinking until I realized... "She went to my high school!"

"Oh really? She's a year older than you." Changmin claimed.

"I think she was my sunbae yeah... at Seoul High. But why do I feel like there's something more to it?" I kept on pondering until my brain started to hurt.

"Aish. I'm going to stop thinking." I collapsed on the bed.

"you, I truly am sorry about what happened. She should never have done that and I'm sorry I failed to prevent that from happening to you."

"It's okay. But I wonder why Minho would love a girl like her.” I murmured.

“I didn’t know she would be like that.” I heard Minho from behind.

“Oh… I’ll leave you two to talk then,” I said and went upstairs to see how the twins were doing. It turns out, they used my phone to call Taecyeon. He was on speaker.

“Hey, Appa. We’re sorry about what happened.” Yeonmi said.

“Yeah, we had to pretend because Omma said to. We don’t think he’s our dad, though. You know you are, right?” Yoojin remarked.

“Aww, thanks, you guys. Appa loves you two very much.” I could hear that he was delighted to hear them say that. It’s going to be so sad when he finds out the truth. I don’t want to tell him.

“Okay, Appa has to go work now. Bye, you two.”

“Bye, Appa!” They both exclaimed.

They went to the playroom, and I received a two-way call.

“Yobosaeyo?”

you!” I heard RiRin and Jinhee shout.

“Hey, you two. Did something happen?”

“Yeah! You remember the guy that thought I was pickpocketing?” Jinhee asked.

“Yeah, what about him?”

“We found out he’s friends with Key and Minho!” Ririn yelled.

“Chincha? He’s in SHINee?”

“Yeah, we were visiting them and found out. He apologized for before.” Jinhee mentioned.

“Ohh, wow. So do you like him or something, Jinhee Unnie?”

“No way!” I could tell she was pouting.

“Haha. So how are Key and you, RiRin Unnie?”

“I don’t know. I’m confused.”

“Why, Unnie?”

“He was flirting with another girl, so obviously, she was jealous.” Jinhee unnie snickered.

“Yah! I wasn’t jealous. We’re not going out.”

“Aish… you guys are gonna get back together anyway.”  I joked.

“Whatever!” RiRin said, obviously upset. Jinhee and I just laughed.

"So, did anything happen with you today?" RiRin asked.

I told them what happened with Sulli and how I was supposed to pretend to be Changmin's girlfriend.

"What the ? That , when I see her, I'm gonna rearrange her face." Jinhee emphasized, pretty mad.

"It's okay. At least I know why he doesn't like her." I said. Then I thought that maybe they knew who Yeonhee was. "Hey, do you guys know or recall who Lee Yeonhee is?"

"Lee Yeonhee... Oh, that girl from high school?" RiRin asked.

"Yeah. Do you guys know anything about her?"

"Ummm, I think she was one of those rich chaebol girls, right?" Jinhee asked. She was in the same grade as her.

"Yeah, but, is there anything else you remember about her?" I stressed. There had to be something important I was missing.

"Didn't she used to go out with Taecyeon?"

"Huh? Did she? No way!" I was surprised.

"Why are you jealous?" She reasoned.

"No... it's just hard to believe. I'll have to talk to him." I murmured.

We talked until they had to get going. I was still in disbelief that Taecyeon and Yeonhee had gone out before.

-----------------------------------------------

Changmin’s point of view

“Hyung… about Sulli, I found out something about her and it made me not love her anymore.”

“Not love? What is it?”

“You’ll have to find out yourself.” He paused before talking again. "I'm not able to disclose that information to you." Also… you know, about Dad… I don’t think he cheated on your mom. You got false information.”

“If he didn’t cheat, how were you born then?”

“You’ll have to find that out too.”

I was confused. What the hell was he talking about? “Minho… are you okay? Did something happen?”

“Nothing much. Just wanted to tell you I don’t love Sulli anymore and that you shouldn’t think your dad cheated on your mom.”

“Okay then. Thanks for letting me know, I guess.” I said. He left and I was still confused. So he doesn’t love Sulli anymore and Dad didn’t cheat on HER? Then does that mean Minho’s not my real brother? I wish he would have told me the details.

-----------------------------------------------------

Minho’s point of view

I had found out that Sulli was my cousin and that Changmin’s dad adopted me.  Mom just told me about this. She found my real dad and had to talk to me about it.

I was pretty shocked. I always thought I was Changmin’s brother. But it made sense because over time I realized we didn’t have any resemblance to each other.

*Damn. And to think I was in love with my cousin. That’s wrong.*

I sighed as I went upstairs, ashamed of myself. 

I saw you playing with her kids. Sulli and her were so different from each other even though they were only a few months apart. you had twins when she was only sixteen. She lost her parents and had to work in order to take care of them. Sulli, when she was sixteen, got a luxury car for her birthday and had been spoiled ever since. I wonder what was it about her that I liked. Was it only her looks? Was I that shallow?

Ever since I found out she was my cousin, I forgot everything that I loved about her. Then again, there probably wasn't much in the first place.

I went in the room and said hi to you. Her cheek seemed to have gotten better.

"You're okay now?"

"Yeah. Thanks for asking."

"Hey.. I was wondering... if you found out something about someone that you never knew about, how would you act towards that someone?" I asked.

"Hmm...I guess I'd ask them about it. But if it's so shocking that you can't ask them, then I guess just act as normal as you can."

"Araso. Thanks."

"Did you find something out about someone?" She questioned.

"Yeah." I hoped I could still act the same towards Sulli.

--------------------------------------------

Narrator

You were in the kitchen and just learned how to make pho from Min-Rae, when Changmin and his dad came in.

"Hello. Do you guys want to eat pho?" It was a long process but Min-Rae showed you how to speed it up with a slow cooker.

"Yes, please." Changmin's dad claimed.

"How did you know we were hungry?" Changmin questioned. 

"I didn't. I was just practicing because my friend taught me. You happened to have the materials to make it."

"Ohh alright, well give us a bowl. Let's see how it tastes."

"Alright Changmin-sshi." You said, not remembering his dad was there.

"You call him Changmin-sshi?" Changmin and you looked at each other.

"I mean, Changmin Oppa." *Man, this is gonna be so hard.*