Yoojin, don't scare me like that

Fated to Be Together

The twins were so happy to be going to the beach. They were only there one time when Min-Rae had a beach party. It was at night so they couldn't play in the water.

We got in the car, and the twins started singing nursery songs. I thought Changmin would be annoyed, but he sang along to a few songs later. They were singing the Three Bears. I ended up singing it too. It went like this.

Everyone: "Komsemariga han chibeyiso, Appa gom, Omma gom, Aegi gom"

Changmin: Appa gommun tungtunghae

Me: Omma gommun nalshinhae

Twins: Aegi gommun nabul gwiyowo

Everyone: Ishuk Ishuk cha handa

We eventually arrived at the beach. It wasn't crowded, but it wasn't empty either. Just the way I liked it.

We changed into our swimming suits and headed towards the water. Changmin's father, or Obonim, wanted to sleep in the shade.

Changmin must have thought they didn't know how to swim because he started to teach them.

"Don't worry, Appa. We know how to swim." Yeonmi stated.

"Really? You guys are mature for your ages." He looked at me. "You raised them well."

"Yeah, I had them learn last year with a program at the daycare. Thanks." I then noticed some guys were staring at me. *Really?*

Changmin glared at them, and they went away.

"I guess it's bad for you to wear this."

"Well, it was the only one I could find," I murmured while blushing and turning away from him.

Changmin smirked. "You weren't trying to impress me?"

I shook my head. "Why would I?" I stated, still avoiding looking at him.

"We're dating now, aren't we?" Changmin went closer to me. 

I sheepishly nodded.

"Then you can impress me all you like now that I'm your boyfriend." 

"Jeez, Oppa, I didn't know you were like this."

"Well, you're learning more about me." He winked.

-------

Narrator

Meanwhile, the twins argued about who could stay in the water the longest.

"I know I can. After all, I'm the boy; you're weaker." Yoojin sneered.

"Yeah, right! You wanna bet? Whoever wins gets to choose what we're eating for dinner." Yeonmi stuck her tongue at him.

"DEAL!" They splashed each other and then went underwater.

After thirty seconds, Yeonmi got up and swallowed oxygen. She looked over to see that Yoojin was still underwater.

"Yah, you can get out now. Yah, Yoojin!" She got in the water and tried to drag him out, only to realize he was unconscious. 

"OMMA!!! APPA!!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. 

You and Changmin hurried to where they were and picked Yoojin out of the water.

"Why weren't we watching them? We were too busy talking and didn't realize this would happen with them!" You started to cry. "Please let him be alright. God, please."

Changmin quickly carried Yoojin to the sand and put him down. He did mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on him. Changmin knew he was supposed to give shorter breaths to him because he was young.

He listened to his breathing and did it again. Yoojin woke up and started to cough out water. 

"Yoojin-ah! You're okay! Yoojin, please don't scare me like that ever again. You have no idea how afraid I was." You hugged him.

Changmin was calm the entire time. "Looks like we're not gonna be back in the water for a while."

"Appa, it was my fault. I wanted to make a bet with him to see how long we could stay in the water, but I went out first, and he didn't notice. Yoojin, I'm so sorry." Yeonmi cried.

"I wanted to win," Yoojin whispered. 

"And you did. But please don't be so stubborn like your father." His grandpa told him after waking up from the commotion.

Yoojin nodded. "Sorry for making you guys worried."

"But weren't you scared?" You hugged him again as he shook his head.

----------

Changmin's point of view

I had experience with doing CPR. I had helped out people before. I was too busy flirting with you and didn't think about Yoojin or Yeonmi. That was so stupid of me. I wasn't thinking straight. The last time I acted like this was when I was with Yeonhee. I was acting like a teenager.

I guess I'm still not fit to be a father.

We played in the sand and made sand castles. you suggested making me a mermaid with seashells and sand, so I was lying on the ground while the twins and Yeonmi dumped sand on me. But then I heard Minho's voice.

"Changmin-ah! Appa!" I turned my head and saw him coming toward us.

"Hey, you guys didn't invite me." He pretended to frown.

"Mianhae. You were out with your friends, so we didn't want to interrupt you,"  you said.

"It's alright. I like your seashells, Changmin. They're pretty." He pointed out the seashells that covered my s. "Thanks." I sarcastically muttered. The twins and you laughed. Minho helped make the scales on the fin. Oboji took pictures of the process.

Besides Yoojin almost drowning, I had a fun time. It's been a while since I've been like this.

I hoped there would be more memories with them.