Marry me?

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

I fell on the bathroom floor in shock. More shocked than when I found out that Taecyeon wasn't their father. So my assumptions were correct. Changmin was the father. I slowly got back up and put the envelope on the kitchen table. *How do I face him when he gets home? Should I be clueless and pretend I don't know? Or should I tell him I found out?*

I sighed. I tried to concentrate on cleaning the rest of the house. It took me forever to finish since the news kept distracting me.

I put the decorations in the living room. There were yellow and pink balloons everywhere. I ordered the cake with Spongebob Squarepants on it.

When I finished, I took a rest by collapsing on the couch and eventually fell asleep. I had the same dream again, except the masked man revealed his face this time.

~DREAM~

I was up on the clouds again. The twins were playing around, and I tried to go to them, but the man went to them.

"DADDY!" The twins shouted to him. He was acting fatherly to them. I went up to him.

"See? We are fated to be together." He took his mask off, and I gasped. It was Changmin. Both he and Yeonmi were smiling the very same uneven-eyed smile.

I woke up surprised. I retook a look at that paper. So Changmin realized that he could have been the father, and he went to get a DNA test to make sure. That was why he was acting weird before he left...

I still couldn't believe it. My boss was the guy I had a one-night stand with. He was the twins' father. I finally knew.

*Why is fate doing this to me?* I thought sadly. 

I then realized that if Taecyeon found out it was Changmin, he'd surely murder us both and take the twins for himself. I was probably being dramatic, but I knew there would still be consequences based on how he's reacted in the past.

"What do I do?" I yelled out loud.

There was about an hour before I would pick up the twins. I found out Minho was buying presents for them, and Changmin would be home soon. 

*What would my present be?* I could imagine what I would say to them. "Kids... I got you guys your real dad." Then I would show Changmin to them. Yeah right. I can't do that. I don't think they would be pleased about it either.  Why is the father him, though? A man who's very cold and is angered easily. He's a clean freak and is hard to approach. He can't behave like a dad, right? 

I decided to eat ramen. As soon as I was done, the doorbell rang.

I opened it, and RiRin and Jinhee smiled at me. I could see Min-rae and Sanghee behind them.

"Hey, we thought you would need help setting up for the party," Sanghee claimed.

"But I guess you're already finished," Min-rae said, looking around.

"Oh, guys..." I started to tear up.

"What happened?" RiRin asked. I told them everything and showed the paper to them.

"Wow. He did find out who the father was. It was himself all along." Jinhee murmured.

"You're not helping!" I remarked.

"Sorry, but at least you finally know who the father is." She stated.

"Yeah.. maybe you should just confront him about it when he gets home," Min-rae suggested.

"Oh, it's time to pick up the twins," I murmured as I looked at the clock.

"We'll get ready for the party," Jinhee stated.

"Be sure not to say anything when Changmin and Minho get here," I advised, but as soon as I did, Minho arrived with two presents.

"Annyeong Minho-shi." The girls greeted him.

"Annyeong." He said back. 

"What did you get the twins?" I asked, eyeing the present and hoping it wasn't pricey.

"Just a coloring book for Yeonmi and an action figure for Yoojin." He replied.

"Oh, okay. Thank you. Well, I'm going to get the kids now."I said and left to pick them up.

--------------

Narrator
 
As you left for the daycare, Changmin was driving his car on the road. He had a hard time working today.
 
*I'm really the father.*
 
He sighed as he saw a family of four walking to the park.
 
He then remembered that he forgot to go get presents for the twins. So he went to the kids' store.
 
"Annyeongsaeyo. Do you need help buying something?" The sales lady asked him.
 
"Yeah. I want to buy something for a 4 year old boy and a 4 year old girl." He declared.
 
"Hmmm you don't know what they would like?" Changmin shook his head.
 
"Do you know if the 4 year old boy likes cars?" 
 
"Maybe." So the lady showed him a RC red and white car.
"I'll get it." Changmin said. *I would have liked getting a toy car from my dad.* Changmin thought.
 
"For the girl though, it might be more difficult. Is she into dolls?" 
 
He thought about it. He never saw a doll in the house so maybe she didn't like them.
 
"I don't think so." He responded.
 
"Maybe she likes teddy bears then?" She showed him the teddy bear section and a certain one caught his eye. It was blue and had a heart on his belly, like a CareBear.
 
"I'll get this one then." He murmured.
"Alright then." They went to the register. "That'll be 65,000 won." The lady said after wrapping the gifts.
 
Changmin gave her the money. "Thanks." Changmin mumbled after getting the presents. He left and sighed again. He arrived home to see a bunch of people in the house. There were a lot of kids there too. He noticed the presents section and wondered if it was worth getting them the presents.
 
*Well, they are your kids...* Changmin said to himself. He put the presents in the pile and went to his room.
 
~Meanwhile~ you were walking home with the twins. Taerin said they had a fun day at school. The teacher had all the kids sing happy birthday to them. They had cookies and played with their friends.
 
"Omma. Are you sure you don't know what day it is?" Yoojin asked.
 
"I told you guys it's Monday."
 
"You remembered last year though." Yeonmi murmured.
 
"I don't know what you're talking about." 
 
They reached the doorsteps. You opened the door before the twins would shout "It's our birthday!"
 
"Surprise!!!!!" Everyone shouted. The twins were full of joy.
 
"Yay!" They screamed and played with the kids. "So you did remember!" Yeonmi shouted. You just smiled at them as they went around looking at everything and being with their friends.
 
You went upstairs to go look for Changmin when you noticed that there were presents from Changmin.
 
"Changmin Oppa?" You knocked on the door. "Can I talk to you?"
 
"Sure..." Changmin said. You opened the door to see him on the bed.
 
"Oppa... can you explain to me?"
 
"About what?" Changmin questioned getting nervous.
 
"About... the yellow envelope. I saw it and... it said you were the father of my twins. Is it really true? It's not a trick or anything?"
 
"I'm sorry but it's true. I took that DNA test last week. I'm shocked myself..."
 
"So do we tell them that you're the father and not Taecyeon?"
 
"We should wait when the time's right." Changmin stated. You nodded and looked around the room. It was cleaner than the last time you were in it. 
 
"So.. what do we do about this?" You asked.
 
Changmin was in deep thought for a while until he murmured "Marry me?" 
 
You gasped. The two of you didn't know that Taecyeon was outside the door eavesdropping and getting pissed.