Thank You

Fated to Be Together

I ended up calling Yeonhee to see if we could meet up. I had a feeling that I knew her reason, but I had to make sure. 

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Yeonhee-yah, it's been a while. Can we go to a coffee shop or something to catch up? I also want to ask you something."

"Oh, araso. I'll be at the coffee shop near your company in two hours."

"Okay. See you soon." I hung up and continued to do my work. 

-------

Your point of view

I was at the park with the kids when Taecyeon called me.

"Hey you, it's been a while. Mind if we meet so we can talk for a little?" He questioned.

"Sure. I'm at the park with the twins."

"Araso. I'll be there in a few." He hung up, and I sighed. I haven't seen him since the twins' birthday. I wondered what he was going to say. But I couldn't think of anything. 

"Omma! Taecyeon is here!" The twins yelled in unison. He winced. He was used to being called Appa, and now that he was just called by his name, he felt bad.

"Hey." He said awkwardly as he sat down next to me on the bench.

"What's up, Oppa?"

"I guess... I came here to say... thank you."

"For what?" There wasn't anything I did that he would say thanks for.

"For tolerating me and my actions. I'm sorry I was so clingy. I understand now that you moved on and that I know you'll be happy with that Changmin guy. However, if he ever makes you or the twins cry, I'll come and beat him up for you guys."

I smiled. "I should be the one saying thanks. I thought you would hate me when you learned Yoojin and Yeonmi weren't your kids. Thank you for dealing with the fact that you're not their father. Now you don't need to feel guilty for the past four years." 

"Why would I hate you? We were dating for a year. I was pretty dumb for thinking you would be waiting for me anyway." He murmured.

"Oppa, you know we'll always be good friends, right? In fact, I want you to be the twins' Godfather."

"Chincha? No way? I get the privilege to be their Godfather? That's awesome." He grinned his goofy smile. 

"Yep. By the way, I decided to finish school. I'm taking online courses. And when I graduate, Changmin and I will get married."

"Wow. That's good you're finishing your diploma, but are you sure about marrying him? I mean, you've only been dating him for a month."

"It'll be a year by the time I finish my diploma. I think that's enough time to get to know him well. Plus, the twins will be happy about officially having their dad around."

"That's true. Well, good luck with your diploma. Could you be sure to tell me when the wedding date is? I'll be revisiting my family in Boston."

"Already? You've only been here for three months!" I exclaimed, surprised he was leaving so soon.

"I'll be back before your wedding, hopefully. But I need to go back there."

"Hmm... is someone in your family sick or something?"

"Aniyo. The girl I like is over there." He boldly stated.

"Bwoh?" I was pretty shocked. "Didn't you say you didn't have anyone because you were returning for me?"

Taecyeon blushed. "To be honest, I did like a girl over there. She's Korean, also. Sorry, I kinda lied. But it was true that you were the only one for me back then. But now the circumstances changed."

"Well, that's good. I'm happy for you." I hugged him. "Be careful over there, araso?"

He nodded. "Yeonmi! Yoojin! Come here for a group hug!" He shouted for the twins. They came over, and we all embraced each other. 

I hope that Taecyeon will be happy with the girl he likes.

---------

Narrator

Changmin was waiting for Yeonhee at the cafe. As he finished ordering an americano, the bell chimed as the door opened, and Changmin looked up to see Yeonhee.

"Hey, Changmin Oppa. Sorry, I'm late."

"It's okay. It's only been about five minutes." Changmin replied.

"So, how have you been?" She questioned after ordering a macchiato.

Changmin stopped drinking his americano and told her everything from that night at Hotel La Mir to the twins and the proposal to you.

"So the whole point of me telling you this is... that night at that hotel, did you spike my drink somehow? I don't understand how someone else could have done it or have any reason to either."

Yeonhee was quiet the entire time. But she spoke, "Yes. It was me. I was disappointed when you told me that you would drink with your business friends. So when you sang karaoke with them, I managed to sneak in and pay the bartender to spike your drink."

"So that I could have with you and get you pregnant, which would cancel your engagement with your husband?" Changmin finished for her.

She nodded and looked down, ashamed to lift her head. "I'm sorry, Oppa. I was really desperate. But things didn't go as planned since you didn't return until the morning. You must hate me now."

"Aniyo. Thank you. Because of you, I met you, and I was able to meet her again three years later and see our adorable twins. Thanks for spiking that drink, Yeonhee. I don't regret drinking it and going to the wrong room."

Yeonhee timidly smiled. "I guess you could say that I was your cupid then?"

"Sure, I guess. But it was fate that did all the work." I grinned. "Go ahead and tell me what's been going on with your life."

-----------

Changmin's point of view

I came home around 5 pm when I thought of her. I was wondering how she was doing. I decided to let the twins and you meet her. 

"Hey you-ah!" I called for her.

"Yeah? What's up, Oppa?" She came downstairs with the twins. It seemed that they just finished taking a shower.

"Let's go to the hospital." I declared.

"Why? Is someone you know hurt?" She inquired.

"My mom is there." you gave me a confused look since I never talked about her before.

"We have 2 grandmas then?" Yeonmi questioned.

"3 if you count Omma's omma." Yoojin quietly mumbled.

"Araso." She consented. She went to change her clothes and went back downstairs after grabbing her purse. The twins and you followed me to the car.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her earlier." I started to say after I noticed the twins falling asleep in the back.

"It's okay. I'm glad that you actually told me yourself though. I didn't want to annoy you and ask you straightforwardly."

"She cheated on my dad with my uncle and left me on my 9th birthday." I explained quickly.

"Is that why you don't like celebrating your birthday?" She looked at me and squeezed my free hand.

"I guess you could say that. But things are alright now. I thought I would hate her forever. But I don't hate her anymore. I just hated what she did."

you nodded like she understood. "A similar thing happened to my parents. Only my mom forgave my dad and told me 'I forgave him because of all the good things he's done for me. I wouldn't divorce him just because of one drunk mistake.' I didn't really understand back then because I was so young but now I understand. Love is pretty complicated."

"It sure is." I whispered. "But I hope it won't be like that with you. I want our love to be simple and sweet." She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

We reached the hospital and you woke the twins up. 

"Let's go meet your grandma."

"Araso." Yeonmi said while yawning. Yoojin looked like he was only half awake. So I carried him and put him on my shoulders.

"Appa! I'm awake now! Put me down!" I laughed and put him back on the ground. We went inside the hospital and went to her room.

"Changmin?" She looked at the twins and you in curiousity. 

"Omma." It was the first time I called her that since I was 9. "This is Yoojin and Yeonmi. They're your grandchildren. And this is your future daughter-in-law, you."

"Annyeongsaeyo Halmoni!"(grandma) The twins cheerfully greeted her. At this point, she had tears in her eyes.

"Changmin... I had no idea. I'm so sorry I didn't come back in your life earlier. I made so many mistakes but will you forgive your mom?"

"I will. I'm sorry for being stubborn."

"Thank you so much, my son. What I said to you back then was a lie. I really do love you, Changmin. And now that you gave me grandchildren, I love you even more."

We all smiled. I may have truly found happiness.