GRANDPA!

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

"Did I just hear that Changmin's the father of your kids, you?" Ahjusshi asked me.

"Ummm neh..." I murmured.

"You two have a lot of explaining to do." He said. I was surprised that he was taking it calmly.

"Araso. Please sit down, Oboji." Changmin claimed. We sat down on the couch, and Changmin started to explain.

"Well, we lied about going out. We were never boyfriend and girlfriend. I just asked you to pretend to be my girlfriend so you could cancel the arrangement with Sulli. But then I started questioning who Yeonmi and Yoojin's father was. I wondered why they were so similar to me, like how Yeonmi has my smile, and Yoojin had tantrums like me growing up."

"So he took a DNA test and got it back yesterday. It turns out that he's the father. And he decided to help me take care of them." I finished for him.

"Are you two going to get married?" His father's face was stoic. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. Was he going to be mad?

"Umm we want to take it slow. We haven't really gotten to know each other." I stated.

"Yeah.. Oboji, we're really sorry for being dishonest with you." Changmin spoke.

"I accept your apology. Thank you for being honest. I'll go to my room and sort all of this out." 

"Araso." We both said. While he was about to leave his room, the twins greeted them as they came out of the bedroom.

"GRANDPA!!! Joheun Achim!" (good morning) 

That surprised him and he smiled at them. His expression went from being emotionless to being full of joy. He liked the fact that he finally had grandchildren.

"Good morning." 

He returned to his room, and we just looked at each other. The twins went to the kitchen to get cereal.

"So... what do you want to do about this?" I asked him. Changmin shrugged.

"Hey, since I don't have work today, do you want to go somewhere with the twins?" He inquired.

"Sure. Let's ask the kids where they want to go." I went over to where the twins were.

"Hey, do you guys want to go play today?"

"Yeah yeah! Let's go to the zoo!" Yeonmi exclaimed.

"No! Let's go to the aquarium!" Yoojin shouted. They started to argue, so I thought of something else. 

"How about we go visit the beach?" I suggested. It was early May so it would be nice for a beach day.

"YEAH!" They screamed and wanted their Grandpa to go with us.

"Harabuji! Come to the beach with us!" (Grandpa) They roared outside his door. He opened the door and said it was okay.

I told Changmin that we were going to go to the beach. He was okay with it. So while I was packing our lunches and swimming gear, the twins' grandpa came into the room and wanted to talk to me.

"Annyeongsaeyo. How do you feel about everything?" I questioned.

He nodded. "You remember how I said the twins felt like my actual grandchildren that day I cared for them? I was surprised to find out it was true. I'm delighted to be a grandpa. I'm just disappointed that the two of you lied. Though I understand you guys felt the need to. I thought I raised him better."

"I'm very sorry for lying to you," I murmured.

"Well, I hope you two don't lie to me again. And I'll let you guys date... But how do you truly feel about him? It must have been a lot for you too." I didn't know what to say. "Just think about it. Finish packing so we can go." 

I nodded and finished packing. I sighed.... what did I feel about him? I told myself I wouldn't fall in love again after Taecyeon, but... I might have to break that rule.

If I fall for him and we get married, I might finally get the dream I thought I would never have. Were we fated for each other or what?

"you!" Changmin called for me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to do something for your birthday next Sunday?" 

"How did you know that my birthday's on Sunday?" 

"Minho told me. So do you?"

I beamed. I haven't had an actual celebration of my birthday since my parents died. Min-Rae got me a cake and stuff, but it didn't feel like a birthday celebration because my parents weren't there to celebrate with me.

"That would be very nice. Kombawo, Oppa."

"No problem." He smiled and took the kids to the car.

Off to the beach, we go! I hoped that nothing wrong would happen. 

But, of course, I had to jinx myself.