She better not fall for me

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

 I was 15 at the time. It was study period at school.

"you!" My friend Min-Rae shouted at me.

"What?" I said, annoyed. I was reading a book. I hate when people interrupt me while I'm reading.

"That hottie Taecyeon is here to see you!" I looked out the classroom door to see him smiling at me.

"Ooh, la la!" The girls squealed. The guys just laughed at the girls' reaction.

Taecyeon suggested going outside to talk, so I followed him to see what he wanted. I had met him a few weeks before when I bumped into him running late for class.

"Ahhh! I'm gonna be late for class!" I scrambled to grab my things and ran down the hall, but I crashed into someone, and I could feel he was muscular. All of our things fell onto the floor.

"Mianhae!" I shouted in apology. He helped me with my things, and I did the same for him. "It's okay."  He replied.

We headed our separate ways. But it turned out that I grabbed his notebook and he took mine! So after class, I looked all over for him and found him next to his locker.

"Hi, um, I accidentally took your notebook,"  I murmured shyly. Looking at him, I noticed his face and blushed. He was so handsome! He had big ears, but he looked cute.

"Yeah, I noticed I took yours too." We exchanged notebooks and introduced each other.

"I'm Park you." 

"Ok, Taecyeon." He smiled his killer smile. I think that was when I fell for him. We ended up talking to each other and became good friends.

"So, what's up?" I asked him.

" I'll get straight to the point. I like you. I think it was love at first sight."

"Me too!" I confessed. I couldn't believe that this was happening. It felt like a dream.

"So, will you go out with me?" He gave me a look that I couldn't refuse. I nodded, and he hugged me. "You won't regret it!"

We went on dates all the time. He was my first boyfriend and my first love. I thought about him all the time. I was love-struck. I loved all the kisses he would give me and all the times we would cuddle. Min-Rae told me I was so lucky to have a guy like him.

Looking back at that time, I did regret it. Min-Rae was wrong. A year later, I found out I was pregnant. I don't remember what happened, but we were at a club when I mistook vodka for water and ended up drunk. The next day, I had a major hangover and was in bed with Taecyeon at a hotel. I had barely turned 16.

We didn't use protection, so I felt dizzy and nauseous a few weeks later. Scared, I went to the doctor to find out I was pregnant. When I told him, he looked nervous.

"Oppa, it'll be okay to keep the baby, right?" I asked him. "You don't dislike kids, do you?"

He shook his head. "No! Not at all!" We spent the day together, but I never knew it would be our last.

He disappeared the next day without a word. He left for America and abandoned me. He broke my heart. He never told me goodbye, and I hated him for that. But I moved on, deciding to keep the baby no matter the circumstances.

My parents weren't mad at me like I thought they would be. I thought they would have kicked me out or disowned me. But they supported me all the way through and helped me out. Nine months later, I had twins. A boy and a girl. It was such a miracle. No one on either side of the family ever had twins before.

I quit school by the time I was a junior. I wanted to take care of Yeonmi and Yoojin. My parents didn't argue about that either. I loved how supportive they were.

Two years later,  I was at home feeding the twins when I had a phone call.

"Yobosaeyo?"

"Is this Park you?"

"Yes. Is something the matter?"

"Your parents died in a car accident. My deepest condolences. You'll have to come and identify their bodies."

I dropped the phone and burst into tears. "No way! They can't be gone!"

"Omma! What's the matter?" Yoojin asked me.

I just hugged the two of them, too sad to answer. I had a neighbor look after them when I checked on their bodies. It was horrifying and heartbreaking.

We had the funeral the next day. It was the most depressing time of my life. What Taecyeon did to me didn't even compare to my sorrow.

"Omma! Why are Grandma and Grandpa in there?" Yeonmi questioned, pointing at the caskets.

"They're sleeping forever. They won't wake up ever again." I sighed. From that day on, I swore I wouldn't cry for the twins' sake. I wouldn't let them see me being weak like this. After the funeral, I saw strange men barging into my house and taking everything away.

"Who are you guys? Why are you doing this?"

"We're sorry, Miss, but your parents were in huge debt. We have to take everything from you. Including the house to pay it back."

"Bwoh? How much?"  

"10,000,000,000 won. (7 million dollars) " my jaw opened wide. Did they take the loan out to help me care for the babies?

"That much money? Please just let me get some of my belongings first!" I ran inside to grab two suitcases and tried to fill them with clothes as much as possible. I took my family portrait and put it in there too. I found my piggy bank and broke it to find I only had 100 thousand won (76 dollars). *This isn't even enough to last us even two days...*

I cringed as the guys took the furniture away. "Omma!" The twins yelled. "Why are they taking everything?"

"We have to move to a different place. Kaja, let's go." the two of them walked hand in hand as I took the suitcases. I asked my friend Min-Rae for help.

"Of course, you can stay here!" Min-Rae shouted. "you-ah, you're so pitiful. Being a single mother, losing your parents, then losing your home! No, duh, I have to help you!" She hugged me.

"Thank you, Unnie. I appreciate you." Ever since that day, I would go job hunting. I tried being a waitress, but that did no good. I always ended up arguing with the customers for being disrespectful. I tried to apply to become a nurse, but without my high school diploma, there was no luck.  I even tried to be a bartender, but drunk guys always tried to harass me or complain about my skills. So I quit that too.

Luckily, the twins were at a daycare, so I could have the time to look for a job. I met a friend named Taerin, who helped me pay for daycare and let me pick them up late since she worked there. One day, I saw a wanted maid poster on the job bulletin board. I read the conditions.

  • Must be 18 or older.
  • Should know how to cook and clean.
  • Live-In is optional.
  • Pay is 3,200,000 a month. (2,445 dollars)

* I can't cook at all.l But I'll try to learn. Live-In huh... I shouldn't live at Min-Rae's house any longer. Would they allow kids?*

"Let's give this a try. Hwaiting!" I shouted. I looked at the address to see if I could apply.

-----------------

Changmin's point of view

I sighed as I found out the last maid ended up falling for me. She had confessed her feelings for me. "I would never be with you! You're fired!' I yelled at her. She ran away crying. I put up the wanted maid poster on the board the following day. 

"Hyung, how many has there been now? There's really no point of getting another maid right?" Minho asked me, irritated.

"Well, let's give it one more try. If the next maid falls for me, then I'l have to buy a robot!" I scowled.

"Hyung, it's not your fault you're so good looking and smart. What girl wouldn't want you?" He joked.

I ignored him and was going to get a cup of coffee when the doorbell rang. 

"Wow, that fast? Let's see who she is."

The door opened to reveal a girl of about 18 or 19.

"Annyeong! I'd like to be your maid!" She smiled.

"Okay. Well, what's your name?" Minho asked.

"I'm Park you. Nice to meet you!"

*She better not fall for me.*