Girlfriend?

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

I dropped the paper and fell to the floor. I was too shocked. "He's not the father," I murmured. I looked at the form again. I started to cry. I haven't cried in a long time.

"Are you alright?" I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around and saw it was Changmin.

I got up and nodded while wiping my tears away.

"I couldn't help but hear what you said. That man who kissed you.... isn't the kids' dad?"

I just showed him the paper without realizing my action, and he read it. "Wow, so you're gonna need help finding who the father is, huh?" I didn't say anything.

"Just have Minho help you. He's good at tracking people." He said before he left for work.

*Why was he talking to me? He usually avoids me and leaves. He must have been curious about the DNA testing paper then.*

Minho came in, and he noticed the paper and, curious too, glanced at it while I was putting the twins' sippy cups away.

"What? That man isn't the twins' dad?" He exclaimed. I took the paper away from him, slightly irritated because hearing another person say the same thing wasn't great.

I gave him brunch as usual, and he left as soon as he was done eating. 

I sighed and wondered if I should tell Taecyeon about this. *Nah, I'll tell him if and when I find the birth father. But how will I find the real dad?*

I kept pondering over this until I heard Yoojin shout, " Omma! Beh go-pah! (I'm hungry)." I could hear the twins' stomachs growling from where I was in the kitchen.

"Araso, come eat rice with kimchi and eggs then." I helped the kids sit on the chairs and gave them the kimchi with rice while making the eggs. Yeonmi could eat alone, but Yoojin had a little trouble with it. So I fed him.

As I gazed at them, I kept noticing their features. I noticed they got their noses from me, but where did their mouths come from? They were different from mine.

Maybe that's why they're smart alecs. Their real dad must talk back a lot...... I zoned out until Yoojin yelled, "OMMMMMA!"

I was surprised and fell out of my chair. The twins laughed as I mumbled, "Aish..... what do I do?"

When the twins were done, I started to wash the dishes. I then realized I had never thanked Changmin for cleaning the house. But then I thought *Well, he made the mess; it's right that he should clean it.*

*No, I'll thank him anyway.* I should because he cleaned so well. I didn't need to do anything except clean the bathrooms today.

----------------

Changmin's point of view

I was going over some papers in my office when I heard Sulli come in. "Oppa! I"m here!"

I groaned in annoyance. "What do you want Sulli?"

"Oppa! I"m your fiancee now!" She smiled at me and I was confused.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"My dad talked to your dad. We're gonna be engaged!" She squealed out of joy.

"I refuse. Get out. I'll talk with my dad about this."

She pouted and went outside.

I called my dad. He was in Japan again.

"Yobosaeyo?" I heard his gruff voice.

"Oboji, it's Changmin."

"Changmin-ah, what's the matter? Is the company in trouble?" 

"I'm calling to ask about my engagement with Sulli. Why did you arrange it without me knowing?"

"I was going to tell you today anyway. Did Sulli announce it?"

"Yeah, but I'm not accepting it."

"Why? You guys have known each other since you were young. You know she has loved you for a long time. Do you love someone else?"

I thought about Yeonhee. "Yes, I do love someone else."

"When I get back, you better introduce her to me. I'll see if she's worth dating you or not. I have to go now."

"Bye." I hung up and hit myself on the forehead.

"Why did you say that?" I said to myself. He knows who Yeonhee is and I don't have anyone else to introduce him to... I then remembered about the maid. I always forgot her name. If I introduced her to him, then he'll call the engagement off.

I called Minho and asked what the maid's name is.

"Her name's Park you. Why are you suddenly asking this? You usually never care for maids. Why her?"

"I'm getting engaged with Sulli. I'm going to ask you if she can pretend to be my girlfriend."

"Are you serious? I don't want you to marry Sulli!" Minho exclaimed. "I mean, that's bad if you're lying to Appa."

"Well, I already lied to him."

"One lie can turn into millions and it'll get hard to keep track of them." Minho stated. I rolled my eyes. "Okay, well I'm gonna go hang out with SHINee. See you later."

"Bwoh? You're done with work already?" I asked. But he hung up already. I sighed.

"Well, time to get back to work." I went back to my sketches.

--------------

Narrator

It was about 7:30 when Minho and Changmin came home. You were re-watching Boys over Flowers.

"Welcome home!" You exclaimed.

"I'm hungry. you-ah, get us some food." Minho said,

"Sorry, but I ordered pizza." You said. You didn't want Changmin to find out you only knew how to make four meals, so you ordered pizza.

"Was it with your money?" Changmin asked. You nodded and opened the pizza box. 

They ate it despite the fact that they were craving Korean food. You'd be sure to start learning more Korean recipes soon.

After they were done, Changmin wanted to talk to you. "Can we talk?"

You reluctantly nodded, wondering what he needed. "I need a favor from you."

"What do you need?" You questioned, curious.

"I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend. I'll even pay you more."

*Bwoh? Girlfriend?* You were appalled. *What is going on?*