Not the father

Fated to Be Together

Your point of view

As Taecyeon was resting in the hospital, I asked the doctor what was the matter with him.

"It seems that his heart had a slow heart rate, so he didn't have enough blood to go to his brain, which caused him to faint."

'Is something the matter with his heart then?" I asked. It didn't make sense to me. 

"No, he just needs some rest, and he'll be fine. But if this happens again, we'll if something is the matter with him."

"Thank you, Doctor. By the way, could I do a DNA test for him and my kids?"

"You could, but it'll cost you, of course." The doctor replied.

"Yes, I'll pay for it. Please don't let him know about it."

"Neh. We'll start now, then." I got the kids, and they said hi to the doctor. I asked for a hair DNA test because I knew the kids didn't like needles, plus Taecyeon had low blood pressure.

After the doctor got it done, he sent it to that department and told me I would have to wait up to a week. I thanked him again. I called Minho and asked him if he could pick up the kids and take them home. I would stay in the hospital taking care of Taecyeon. You're probably thinking, "Why would I want to take care of him after what he did?"

Well, I still cared for him. It wasn't the same feelings as before, but just because he's my ex-boyfriend doesn't mean I have to hate him anymore, right? He was still the same person as before. His height changed, though. He got so much taller. He had the same personality and loving actions. He was so fatherly to the kids too.

*He would be so disappointed if he were not the twins' father. But how would I find out who the birth father is?* I remembered what the guy said in the dream, "You're my happiness. We're fated to be together."

I sighed and stopped thinking about it. *Why am I being so self-conscious about a dream?* I was probably overthinking it. 

Minho had arrived and picked up the kids. "That's their father?" He asked as he noticed Taecyeon on the bed. I reluctantly nodded.

"Thanks for taking them, Oppa," I said.

'No problem." He messed up my hair and left.

"Who was that?" Taecyeon woke up.

"The other boss at the house I'm taking care of."

'Why do you call him Oppa?"

"Because he asked me to."

"And you listened to him?" I could hear the jealousy in his voice.

"Well, I have to obey him and his brother."

"I don't like you living there with those men and having that kind of job. They probably mistreat you. Why don't you just quit and live with me? I'll make the money, and you can be a housewife and stay-at-home mom."

"I told you I'll think about it. It's only been four days since I got this job, and you want me to quit already?" I asked him.

"You know I care for you, and I still love you. My feelings haven't changed."

"Well, my feelings have. We're not a couple anymore." I stated. It seemed to make him sad, so I changed the subject.

"Do you want the twins to live with you for a week?"

"That would be amazing." He smiled that killer smile from before. However, it did not affect me anymore.

"After you get better, I'll send them to you."

"Araso." He was pleased. I would let him spend time with the kids because I knew he was lonely at his house, and it would be an opportunity for him to get to know the twins better.  It would also let me focus more on my maid's work instead of caring for them.

It was about midnight when Taecyeon was released from the hospital. He hugged me, thanked me, and wanted to walk me home. I told him no and that he should go home and rest, but he persisted. 

I gave in, and we talked while we walked. He told me how hard it was to learn English and how he had to cope with Americans and their prejudices and racism. I talked about the different jobs I've done and how it's been challenging with the loss of my parents.

We arrived, and I could see Changmin outside the balcony, and he looked like he was in deep thought. Maybe he was thinking about what he had done earlier.

Taecyeon said,  "Sorry you wasted your precious sleep to be with me."

"It's okay," I said bye and was about to walk inside, but he grabbed my wrist, turned me around, and kissed me.

----------------

Changmin's point of view

I was standing outside on the balcony thinking about Yeonhee. 

Changmin was working in his office after his mother left when he saw the woman that he fell head over heels for. The woman that was his first love and who he thought about 24/7. The woman who also broke his heart for the second time.

Since he didn't have his mother anymore, in time, she mended his heart. Putting all the pieces back together just like a puzzle. When he met Yeonhee, it became instantly healed.

But now, she broke his heart again, reopening all those past scars. It was because of her, he's become cold and never wanted to trust women again. 

She had married another man while dating Changmin. He had oblivious about it, but Yeonhee continued to see him as if nothing happened. 

But one day, she broke up with him, breaking all ties with him. He still never knew the reason.

Until Yeonhee told him about that day.

"Changmin...." He heard her whisper his name. 

He coldly claimed, "Why are you here?"

"I want to explain everything. I'm so sorry for doing this to you." Her voice cracked.

Changmin really hated it when Yeonhee cried, "Sit down." 

She did and started to tell him the story.

"We've been dating for about seven or eight months right? Around the fifth month, I married someone."

Changmin was comepletely appalled and was ready to shout at her and whatnot, but he calmly kept it together. He should hear everything.

"It was an arranged marriage set by our parents. I married an older man named Yoo Ji-Tae. I tried to tell you before that I wanted to run away with you to a different country, but then your father left making you in charge of Shim Corps. I tried to run away by myself but got caught so many times and eventually was forced to marry him."

Changmin was quiet the whole time afraid if he said something, it would make matters worse.

"I never really saw him after we got married and continued to date you, but eventually my parents found out and threatened that they would ruin your company, so I broke up with you in order to keep you safe. But I knew you wouldn't understand. I still love you Oppa. I won't ever stop loving you." She left and Changmin was left dumbstruck.

That was what caused Changmin to go ballistic and mess up the house.

I finished cleaning up the house. I kind of felt bad for the maid so I did everything for once. It had been a while since I cleaned up my home. With the company, I'd always be tired after work and Minho wasn't the best at cleaning either. As I was trying to sleep, I kept thinking about Yeonhee so I went out to the balcony to get some fresh air.

That was when I saw the maid with that man again. It seemed like they were saying bye but suddenly he took her wrist, spun her around and kissed her.

I felt weird and uncomfortable seeing this but I didn't turn away. I wanted to see her reaction.

She got away and slapped him. That was pretty surprising, then again the maid was interesting, despite her being annoying and clueless. She wasn't obvious like the past maids.

"Why did you just do that?" She asked, looking pissed.

"I wanted to. But why did you slap me? You used to love kissing me before."

"I'm not the same as before. Just because I agreed to let the twins spend time with you doesn't mean that we'll get back together." That was the last thing she said before she went inside.

---------------

Narrator

It was awkward between you and Taecyeon since that night. The next day when you told the twins they were staying at their Appa's house for a week, they were thrilled. They wanted to leave right away so you called Taecyeon to pick them up. You packed their backpacks and told Taecyeon what they liked and didn't like. You gave a whole list. He nodded and you said bye to them.

While you were making lunch for yourself, Minho woke up. It was his day off and you made lunch for him too. You learned how to make kimchi by learning on the internet.

"This is pretty good for your first try." Minho said as he was eating it with rice and other side dishes.

"Thanks. Have some more if you like." Changmin woke up so you gave him some rice with kimchi too. He suddeny asked you a question that made you drop his bowl.

"Why did you slap that guy last night?"

The bowl shattered into pieces and you immediately cleaned it up.

"I'm sorry. So you saw that?" You thought he was too busy spacing out, that he wouldn't have noticed you.

You never answered him though as you got a different bowl and gave it to him. He didn't comment any further.

A week later, the twins came back. They complained about their dad saying he didn't know how to play with them at all. But they liked his cooking and he let them stay up as long as they wanted to.

That got you mad so you were going to call him but Minho came in saying you got mail.

"you-ah, there's a yellow envelope for you." You thanked him as he gave it to you and you opened it when no one was there.

You were shocked as you read it and dropped it on the floor.

"He's not the father...." You murmured as you sank to the floor.

Unfortunately, Changmin heard you as he was about to pass by and was surprised to hear you say that. *This just got even more interesting*